• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Macro - Macro to output GM commands to a chat window (1 Viewer)

ereetox

RedCents
22¢
Hi there,

I'm trying to issue a macro which will run a large number of GM commands on a private emu server.

The commands start with # and so naturally the code recognises this as a comment.

Using "/do #command" outputs the command to the MQ window, but the game doesn't accept GM commands through the MQ window obviously.

I need a quick macro that will output a command literally, e.g. "#summon x" or "#goto x" to another standard chat window.

Any help would be appreciated, please. I'm no coding expert for sure :)

Thanks.

I know the barter2.mac inserts or 'types' the required text directly into the bazaar search window so if you took a look at that you could probably use that method to 'type' your commands into a standard chat window and stimulate an enter keypress to execute them

Thanks.

I actually got round this fairly crudely. If anyone is running an emulated server, you'll notice that the # GM commands are echo'd as /say.

By using "/say #gmcommand" within the macro, it outputs it to the main window and executes the command the same way.

Macro - Macro to output GM commands to a chat window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back