• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Macro that clears "News Alerts" (1 Viewer)

RedCents
9,002¢
Those annoying news alerts that appear in the little box on your screen which you're forced to open then click close on to make them go away. it'd be great if there was a macro or plugin that could clear them for us. I don't see anything on the search feature so I'm making a request for anyone interested.

Just an idea if anyone wanted to make a macro

Use at your own risk /echo ${Window[AlertStackWnd].DoClose}

I couldn't find a function in the Window TLO that allowed me to "open" the actual individual alerts, and doing ${EverQuest.LastMouseOver} on each one reveals they have no unique identifier through that method. If there is a way to open each button, you could just iterate through ${Window[AlertStackWnd].FirstChild.DoClose} while ${Window[AlertStackWnd]} returns TRUE. But I experimented and couldn't figure it out through Window TLOs.

Last edited:
config/mq2react.yaml

YAML:
  NagWnd:
    action: /invoke ${Window[AlertWnd/ALW_Dismiss_Button].LeftMouseUp}
    condition: ${Window[AlertWnd]}
  IrritateWnd:
    action: /invoke ${Window[ALSW_Alerts_Box/ALSW_AlertTemplate_Button].LeftMouseUp}
    condition: ${Window[AlertStackWnd]} && !${Window[AlertWnd]}

Will close all those nag/alert windows

I thought in the past it was said that they agreed with DBG not to make macros to close those, but i could be wrong
I don't think it was a formal agreement, just more of a "this is something we really dislike" and people took the hint. In general I think its best to avoid poking the bear. No matter how bad it seems now it can always be worse.

Not like they are really seeming as accepting of much of anything these last few months unfortunaly.
that is true my poor mage 110 box got a 7 day ban for i'm not sure what lol, he doesn't even have enough gear to be able to do anything and he is months old and very slowly got to 110

Hey. I put your nice little nag windows code in mq2react yaml. But it doesn't seem to work right in the global section. Am I an idiot?

globals:
NagWnd:
IrritateWnd:
action: /invoke ${Window[ALSW_Alerts_Box/ALSW_AlertTemplate_Button].LeftMouseUp}

Hey. I put your nice little nag windows code in mq2react yaml. But it doesn't seem to work right in the global section. Am I an idiot?

globals:
NagWnd:
IrritateWnd:

Phalanx,

I am not a guru with Lua. Hell I haven’t even dabbled yet, but if you are up on Lua might it be easier to do a load and stay resident Lua script. I am thinking similar to what Sic did for his invisdisplay.Lua. Hopefully a slim low resource package that could load and stay active via a cfg file.

Just spitballing ideas to offer options while I have pumpkin spice coffee cup #2.

Be well. Happy coding.

Request - Macro that clears "News Alerts"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back