• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Luclin models getting turned on halfway through characters logging in (1 Viewer)

pepsipepsi

RedCents
1,066¢
Anyone ever have this happen? It's happened to me several times recently. Where the second half of my characters will get luclin models turned on, but the first few keep my original settings. What are the odds this is related to MQ2 instead of just being an EQ bug?

Anyone ever have this happen? It's happened to me several times recently. Where the second half of my characters will get luclin models turned on, but the first few keep my original settings. What are the odds this is related to MQ2 instead of just being an EQ bug?
Sounds like your eqclient is getting file locked a d eq is loading defaults.

I'd check you're not file scanning with av or file syncing with something like one drive

Sounds like your eqclient is getting file locked a d eq is loading defaults.

I'd check you're not file scanning with av or file syncing with something like one drive

Deleting one drive is like the first thing I do when Windows gets installed. Don't have any AV aside from Windows defender, but maybe that was scanning as I logged in. Thanks for the thoughts, might try logging in one at a time for a bit and see if that helps.

I just had this happen for the first time yesterday, I actually thought it was because I had been testing some ingame.cfg files for performance that had things like this set.. but it was just 1 toon and no one else.

So i have found this and a few other one off janky load ins because I am trying to load to many char and the EQ config (not specific client) file is not accessible to some of the clients when they try to pull data resulting in "hitches and glitches". Only loading 6 at a time fixed it for me, allowing everything to do the "stuff" before my next batch.

It happened to me when I had batch login for my accounts via AutoLogin. During the login, seems the eqclient.ini got modified.
right now, I have eqclient.ini with read-only permission to prevent this happening again.

Problem - Luclin models getting turned on halfway through characters logging in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back