• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - "/Lua GUI" window wigging out (1 Viewer)

goatmaster

RedCents
128¢
Everything was working fine until I tried moving the window and then it started flashing repeatedly--it looks like it's looping or something. I can't interact with the GUI at all when it does this. I renamed my Lua folder and did a fresh install, but that didn't help. Unfortunately, I did not check other characters to see if it was the same.
Suggestions?

My work day just started so I won't be able to check any potential solutions for a while.
Cheers

Honestly I did not get it resolved. I did all the same things you tried, reinstalling and more. The problem persisted for a week or more so I just stopped using that GUI.

I do all my Lua interaction with the command-line.

Just tested it again for the first time in months, and it still happens to me.

Regardless how I launch it: "/lua gui" or the EQ->MacroQuest -> Lua button.
As soon as I click "Launch Script..." the window flashes very rapidly between the two views below.

No interaction with the window is possible, but can be re-cloed with the button or command-line.

Additionally, nothing else is affected. EQ, MQ, macros, Lua scripts... all work fine.
1675729841221.png
1675729822144.png

and

Honestly I did not get it resolved. I did all the same things you tried, reinstalling and more. The problem persisted for a week or more so I just stopped using that GUI.

I do all my Lua interaction with the command-line.

Just tested it again for the first time in months, and it still happens to me.

Regardless how I launch it: "/lua gui" or the EQ->MacroQuest -> Lua button.
As soon as I click "Launch Script..." the window flashes very rapidly between the two views below.

No interaction with the window is possible, but can be re-cloed with the button or command-line.

Additionally, nothing else is affected. EQ, MQ, macros, Lua scripts... all work fine.
View attachment 45892
View attachment 45891

and
Crap. Thanks for letting me know.

its hard to catch, but that looks like you put the launch script dialog window which is opened by Lua gui into the Lua gui window? Yep.. that recreates it easily enough lol.
Are you saying this is something I did somehow? Looking through the stuff now to see what it would be on my side.

EDIT: I see what you are saying.

Dagnabbit! I just edited MacroQuest_Overlay.ini to remove the [Docked] flag on that window and it's fixed.

Yeah, I feel like a goof here. Definitely not something I did on purpose or even knowingly.

Did and got the same result. I had done that previously. And honestly (sorry if blasphemy) I rarely run more than 1-2 Lua at any time.

Are you saying this is something I did somehow? Looking through the stuff now to see what it would be on my side.
try this:
1. /plugin Lua unload (because closing that flashing window is difficult)
2. /plugin Lua
3. /mqsettings
4. click clear saved settings on overlay tab (to undock the windows)
5. /lua gui
6. click launch script
7. drag the new window over the Lua gui window
8. the windows are now docked, with the launch script window showing
9. click on the Lua gui window tab, and it starts going crazy.

try this:
1. /plugin Lua unload (because closing that flashing window is difficult)
2. /plugin Lua
3. /mqsettings
4. click clear saved settings on overlay tab (to undock the windows)
5. /lua gui
6. click launch script
7. drag the new window over the Lua gui window
8. the windows are now docked, with the launch script window showing
9. click on the Lua gui window tab, and it starts going crazy.

Worked like a charm for me! I had drug my TCN Info Window as a tab into my TCNGUI window and it bugged out like the two tabs were fighting for focus. Clicking the Clear Saved ImGui Window Settings resolved my issue. Thanks!

Problem - "/Lua GUI" window wigging out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back