• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Looting (1 Viewer)

xdrymartini

RedCents
Aloha,

Is there a way to loot a mob's corpse or a chest that is on the other side of a zone? It is not ground spawn, so /gank won't loot it, correct? I would like to stay safe at a zone-in and not travel to the other side of a zone to loot something a buddy has killed. I have researched the forums for the last hour without success.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you!

One problem I am having is that I may only want to loot one thing out of several on the corpse / dead mob. (Some being no drop and having to select which items I want and which items I don't want).

Is there a plugin that lets me open a loot window from across the zone? This will let me know what is on the mob's corpse and which of my bots I may desire to have loot the nodrop items. I seem to remember a plugin (/cgank??) that I haven't seen in the last several complies. It was around the same timeframe for doing the Skylance missions when looting a corpse on the other side of the zone was helpful... Hope this clarification helps. :)

XDRY

MQ2Ghost would be good for you. Just /ghost on, /warp t when you have the corpse selected and loot. Then /ghost return. Might be a tad safer too.

*edit* To clarify, people near the corpse will not see you loot the corpse because while moving in ghost mode, SoE servers aren't updated with your movement packages. You won't appear to move once you /ghost on, but you can run wherever you like within a zone while ghosted (without agro).

Hmm u can loot with that ghost? cause I cant. . . I have always had to use /ghost off then loot then hit /ghost return hopefully u are right would make my life easier /wink

Oh well, time to look for another idea... :( I was trying to have a simple way to loot a mob w/ KOS mobs near it or my corpse. I hadn't tried using /ghost on, etc., but will try it when I get home from class tonight.

well last 20 times I tried it didnt work said I was too far away, so either I am retarded or it dont work. . .now take abyss's ghost and thats a diff story

Ghosting doesnt work for looting. if it did you could /target corpse /loot from anywhere cause it'd be the same thing. I have tried as well. BTW is anyone's current ghost working? Mine ctds when I /ghostreturn.

This is what you do..

Rich (BB code):
/target npc
/consider
*Some NPC scowls at you ready to attack*
/ghost on
/consider
*nothing, no con message*
/target corpse TheCorpseIWantToLoot
/warp target
/loot
/ghost return

This works very well. Just make sure to do the consider after having turned ghost on, if you're still getting a consider message then you're not ghosted properly, then /ghost off. /plugin MQ2Ghost unload. /plugin MQ2Ghost. Repeat above steps.

I just tried it on mine and I was able to loot with it. not sure if your doing something wrong or got another version of mq2ghost. when ghosting I just go up to the corpse and loot it like you would do normally without ghost.

What version of ghost do you have? I use the one found here in the forums and have had no luck what so ever with looting corpses. I can pick up ground spawns but not loot.

Looting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back