• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Looking to Test the Waters Here with a Solo Character. Need Council. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
184¢
Good day. I've purchased a sub for Very Vanilla and am pretty overwhelmed with all of the possibilities here. Just to get started, though, and to see how things work, I'm hoping to find some *very* user friendly automation macros that might be usable by a solo/molo character. I've tried getting RGMercs to work for my 123rd bard, but once I pull something, I can't seem to get anything else to automate properly. I'd like to use the bard, if possible, but I'm quite lost here. Could anyone point me in the right direction for someone that is quite slow and has absolutely zero scripting and coding experience. I wouldn't mind paying for some of the premium plugins and such, but I'm wanting to make sure that I can get basic automation working properly for a single character before I get too invested here.

To be more precise, I'm wondering if this is going to be a tool that I can use that isn't going to require too much input on my part. I guess that I probably misunderstood how things work here, but RGMercs, at least, sounded as though it would be pretty user friendly and something that worked "right out of the box." I've been able to install it, turn it on, set a camp, and automate pulling, so far, but I'm still missing some really basic things here. Is there anything that I can use here that would allow me to jump right in and tank and spank some trivial content to see how that automation parts work here?

Edit: I missed something with RGMercs, where it notes that it is more for assisting, rather than driving. If it will be possible, I'm hoping to drive the bard actively, but have most of the things that he'd normally be spamming be automated.

If you just want to try killing trivial content you might try PocketFarm. RGMercs should work but I'm not familiar enough with it to tell you what's wrong. The other bard option at RG is KissAssist but you'd need to download an ini and customize it which sounds like something you're looking to avoid.

Thank you for the reply. KissAssist does look like a tool that I could use, but, as mentioned, something like that is going to require a good deal of configuration on my part. I was hoping that it would be possible to "jump right in", drive my character, and have most of the things that typically require manual spamming be fully automated. Similar to how I can my bard's kick skill to automate with the /autoskill kick command that exists in game, but better and for most of the crap that I'm normally having to spam. Some of the premium plugins sound as though they'd be user friendly, but I'd like to see how some of the basic automation works here before I invest more cash. Thank you again.

If you go with kissassist there are thousands of pre configured ini files available. those are basically copy and paste if your char is going to assist and modify a couple lines if they're going to pull. Once you get your feet wet you can look at them and get an idea what's going on with it. The Wiki for kissassist goes through every available field and explains it when you want to get your hands dirty. For a true click a few buttons and youre off to the races duo your bard with one of the classes that are supported by CWTN Plugins and use kissassist on your bard.

Might I suggest the mighty RED CENTS to help you on your journey. What are Red Cents? They are the board currency that will allow you to use Vanilla and other things free - well sans cash that is.

So you have to be level 2 to get and give Red Cents and you are level 2 now. So you can find other posts that you like or are helpful etc and give them a Red Cent by clicking the little :rc in the bottom right corner. This will give YOU 1 RC and the post you clicked on gets 10 RC. Now if you post something good, funny etc then others can give YOU 10 RC and they get 1 RC.

None of this takes away from your RC total. It takes 50 RC to "buy" a level 2 each month. Very easy to do.

So jump in and give out some RC so you don't have to pay for that at least.

Here is more detail:

www.redguides.com

RedCents

RedCent explanation, usage and policy

Another thing to consider would be creating or copying some characters to the test server. This way you can /testbuff to get to level 25, as well as testing the different macros and plugins.

I believe RGMercs, MuleAssist and KissAssist are primarily for running a character for you. I wonder if MQ2Melee may help. Some people suggest “driving” with your tank character, which means automating the bard.

While there isn’t an MQ2Bard, yet, you can see how the others can work alongside you. I have a Lua (NavHelper) that can help with travel and teleporting if you have a Druid or wizard in your party.

Let me know if any of this helps, but if you have questions about a specific tool, such as KissAssist, then asking in that forum should point you in the right direction.

Question - Looking to Test the Waters Here with a Solo Character. Need Council.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back