• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Looking for explanation of Mastermind. (1 Viewer)

illslim

RedCents
158¢
I searched on here and havent found out much about mastermind. I only got a brief idea what it is. If I am right I like to know more about it.

Its a plugin that allows you to control your other toons by tells. They can do almost if not all of the ingame commands that require /dosoandso. You can also get them to load macro's, plugins, etc and also change the settings on those macros through tells.

First thing you need to do is set the masterkey, easiest way to do this:

On the toon you want to control type /setmasterkey Yourphraseofchoice

It can include spaces, and capitols.

once that is done it will set the master list for the controlee. From there you merely send it tells like such:

/tell <bot> /target <toonname>
/tell <bot> /Follow

etc, etc, etc.

Hmm Im trying to get this to work as well...here is what i did..

I loaded the plugin on both systems (prolly only needs to be on the slave, but did it just to be safe).

on the toon i want to control, we'll name is "Rogue_001" I typed:

/setmaster dothisnow

Got the message on the screen saying master has been Set and Redefined

Then on the toon I want to control from, I did this:

/tell Rogue_001 dothisnow /sit

Rogue_001 got the tell, but did not respond to the command.

I'm using cades compile downloaded a few hours ago.

Can anyone clue me in as to what Im doing wrong?

dd

Ahh, i see... I thought the key you were setting was a password of sorts.

So my planned usage of this is to send a command to my rogue to have them exececute a particular social I have set up for assisting the tank.

The 'ASSiST" social has the typical /assist <tankname>, /attack, etc...

So my next question is is there a slash command to execte a social that is on a hotbutton?

Thanks in advance!

datadog said:
Ahh, i see... I thought the key you were setting was a password of sorts.

So my planned usage of this is to send a command to my rogue to have them exececute a particular social I have set up for assisting the tank.

The 'ASSiST" social has the typical /assist <tankname>, /attack, etc...

So my next question is is there a slash command to execte a social that is on a hotbutton?

Thanks in advance!

Actually it is a password type deal, it goes like this:
Slave does /setmaster Imstupid
Master: /tell slave Imstupid
Slave: "Yes master" or some messaged like that, can't remember
Once that is done all the Master has to do is something like: /cast 2, /sit, /keypress 1, or any other "/" command you can think of.

For your assist thing I would put it on your hotbuttons so you can do /keypress # (makes things simpler)

oh wow!. LOL.. thanks!

Edit:
hmmm.. this still doesnt seem to be working for me. Do I need to be running the plugin on both the master and slave?

After I did the /setmaster on the slave machine, i checked the .ini and it shows the correct key.

But when I send a tell with the keyword in it, I get nothing back. And the slave does not respond to any slash commands in tells.

I must still be missing something obvious.

Edit2:
Figured it out! I was using tell windows on the slave machine. I disabled tell windows and it started working fine.

Is there an option to make this work with tell windows? I mutibox a lot, and hate missing tells on my systems. I like having the windows pop to get my attention.

you could prob add a chat forwarding function ... not sure how that would work with mastermind.. but maybe

if sender == master then doit

else

tell master sender said XYZ

just a thought

Check out the MQ2 Website. There you will find a plugin called EQBC (EQ Box Chat). It's somewhat of a combine between MQ2MasterMind and MQ2Irc, only it's more stable, more secure, safer, and 10 times easier to set up and use.

When it comes to MQ2Mastermind, my only advice to you is... "Walk away.."

It does not use tells. It creates a local chat relay service for you to pass your information through (Sony won't be able to see your commands). If you use tells, Sony can log everything and see all the commands you are passing back and fourth.

You can also run multiple bots on the same PC with it, and issue 1 command to all of them at once. It has IRC compatability for macros that use IRC (it emulates IRC so the macro sees it as IRC).

They are also working on a way to pass HUD information through the same relay service from your bots, so you could show the hitpoints and mana of your bots on your main screen and such... That part is expanding on a daily basis. Eventually, you can have a macro running on 1 computer, and all the bots will be controlled from there (you wouldn't have to have a macro running on each PC).

I'd give the plugin 4 stars on a 4 star list.

Looking for explanation of Mastermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back