• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Looking For a PRE-Copiled Bard Macro (1 Viewer)

morganjo

RedCents
I am new to macros and have no idea how to compile a macro (took several very patient people to help me get auto forage up an running) I know that what I am looking for is MOSTLY out there but I have no idea how to compile them into a single macro that only takes one command to start. Here is what i would like it to do
1) auto circle (and restart the auto circle if i get stunned)
2 twist the running and aoe songs i have (basically the knowledge to insert the numbers that corresponde with the songs so as i grow an get better songs I can change them out)
3) look through inventory and see if I have DS potions and activate them then re apply as they wear off
4) look for and use any HOT or insta heals as needed (according to my health bar like a HOT at 60% and insta heal at 45%)

I think thats it like I said I have searched and seen the macro that will do everything except the ds pots but I dont know how to set it up as a plug in so i can type /bard or something like that to start the macro. If anyone can help be with this i would appreciate it. I dont even know what copy to a notebook doea .Yes i can cut an paste and i can copy an paste but what do i do with it after that?
Oh and maybe that code that will autocamp you if a gm comes in to the zone like an insta quit so you go ld or something that way if I am in a fight an a gm shows up i go ld instaed fo trying to camp while being attacked would be good thank you all for your patience an i guess it didnt take me long to want to use an active hack instead of just passive ones :confused:

Ooooookay, so this is another one of those questions that would be answered if you did some reading, but I'll give it a whack.

A macro is a text file with the extension .mac. You don't compile macros. To create a macro, all you need is the code (which is just text) and a text editor (like Notepad). Once you find a macro that you like, you simply open Notepad, then copy and paste the code from the boards here into your notepad window. You then go File -> Save As. Down where it says "Save as type", select the option "All Types (*.*)". Then, for the name of the macro, type "Nameofthemacro.mac". Whatever you name it, you need to end the name with .mac, because that tells MQ that it's a macro file, and to open it that way. Save the file in the "Macros" folder of the your MQ2 folder, then you can run it ingame by typing "/macro nameofyourmacro".

A plugin is what needs compiling. Almost everything that involves giving you a new command to use is a plugin. Every ability you need for the macros posted here is already posted in compiled form. For autocircle, you want MQ2MoveUtils. For twisting songs, MQ2Twist. For issues with being stunned, I recommend loading MQ2DoCrack (and making sure MQ2DoCrack.ini is in your main MQ2 folder), then typing "/docrack newnostun on" or "/docrack nostun on". That will activate the offset (client-side hack) that keeps your character going while stunned...thus negating the need to reactivate circling via MQ2MoveUtils. If you want to know how to use Docrack, Twist, and MoveUtils in a more detailed manner, especially how to use the commands, I suggest you look through TurkReno's thread and the sections/links to information about those specific plugins.

well after going through the threads one by one i have found that "so far" all links to macroquest website from anything from these boards comes up "that thread no longer exists" and after reading the thread COMPILING FOR FREE I have found out why I believe all this is so freakin confusing for me it tlks about opening up your C++ not your DOS and creating this or that. Well since i know neither DOS or C++ I think i will just do as I first thought and close this as a wasted 40 bucks and move on since the main reason I paid for it was to read DO THIS GO HERE DO THIS type of instructions and the autoforage only works on one toon its a complete let down thank you all for your help but i guess it is true you just cant teach an old dog new tricks to all those who can read and understanc geekspeech(no offence ment by that) I salute you ,you are the next rulers of the world as for me looks like 1 an a half years of eq will now come to an end guess its time to look for a new hobby

and for who ever sent the red sent with the nastygram attached please have the backbone in the future to attach your name to it as far as "no one likes to spoonfeed anyone information that you can find on your own" were this a free subscription I would agree to you but since they took my money for an as advertised "EASY TO READ AND FOLLOW GUIDE" not a "AS LONG AS YOU KNOW PROGRAMMING LIKE DOS AND C++ YOU CN ASEARCH AND FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR" site any and all questions should be answered and as far as this post following my i should just forget about this site I found it while looking for the spot i need to go to to stop any future payments. If you dont want to spoonfeed as you say then change the advertisment to read YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE X PROGRAMS AND X PROGRAMS AND HOW TO PROGRAM COMPUTERS AND PIECE TOGETHER THREADS FROM SEVERAL PEOPLE TO GET WHAT YOU ACTUALLY ARE LOOKING FOR not EASY STEP BY STEP GUIDE WICH IS WHAT THE EQ UNDERGROUND IS ADVERTISED AS AND ALSO PUT UP THE EQ UNDERGROUND NO LONGER EXISTS IT IS NOW PART OF THIS SITE

What sort of macro are you looking for?

As for compiling, my advice is this: ignore it for now. Master macros and using plugins, then once you're comfortable, look into it. Until then, or if you don't mind relying on others, you can just grab a precompile with every plugin you'll need.

If hacking/macroquesting was as easy as "GO HERE DO THIS GO HERE", everyone under the sun of norrath would be doing it. Morganjo, I suggest you read a lot of threads and instructions on how to use these plugins/macros. Lurk for several weeks as you train yourself how this program works. Don't try to take everything in at once because you will become frustrated.

It took me a good 2 months of reading and testing for me to make the things I need. Also remember, people are different and they "need" different things. One man's macro might not be perfect for you or anyone else for that matter. Besides, it isn't like you aren't already forking over $15/month to sony. Redguides is signifigantly cheaper than EQ, and for the advantages this site provides, it's worth spending an extra $6/month.

My most important advice is to not give up. Eventually you will understand how MQ2 works and how much it improves the EQ experience.

Will it ever get to a point to where I will understand what is being said? I dont know C++ and DOS and as of now have no desire to learn it (sorry if that offends those of you who can actually make sence of all this you have done the hard work enjoy your rewards) but when i do a searc and every thread has a link over to macrquests site and they are saying that thread has been removed I dont know what to do the whole copy and paste to a notebook and rename with a certain type file at the end of it the TheZ so patiantly spelled out for me ( thank you know i know more than i did) still warps my brain and not sure if i will ever understand it im my near half century on this planet I have found if I am going to understand something it wil click for me with in a coupke days but if itstill is just as confusing after that I will never get it cause I missed some key stepin the beginning. And since i am stepping into this sorta in the middle i missed ALL the key steps to make it make sence

morganjo said:
and for who ever sent the red sent with the nastygram attached please have the backbone in the future to attach your name to it as far as "no one likes to spoonfeed anyone information that you can find on your own" were this a free subscription I would agree to you but since they took my money for an as advertised "EASY TO READ AND FOLLOW GUIDE" not a "AS LONG AS YOU KNOW PROGRAMMING LIKE DOS AND C++ YOU CN ASEARCH AND FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR" site any and all questions should be answered and as far as this post following my i should just forget about this site I found it while looking for the spot i need to go to to stop any future payments. If you dont want to spoonfeed as you say then change the advertisment to read YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE X PROGRAMS AND X PROGRAMS AND HOW TO PROGRAM COMPUTERS AND PIECE TOGETHER THREADS FROM SEVERAL PEOPLE TO GET WHAT YOU ACTUALLY ARE LOOKING FOR not EASY STEP BY STEP GUIDE WICH IS WHAT THE EQ UNDERGROUND IS ADVERTISED AS AND ALSO PUT UP THE EQ UNDERGROUND NO LONGER EXISTS IT IS NOW PART OF THIS SITE
27 posts and you're still calling false advertisement a week later??? Come on now. People are trying to help you here. Stop typing in caps, making a fool of yourself and contact an Admin i.e. Cade, Redbot, Alatyami if you truly do have a problem....The whining isn't going to influence me to help you any further.

An intelligent question that doesn't include a rant about how skilled you are in C++ doesn't add to anyone wanting to help you. TheZ has been very patient with you and I applaud his helping you. We write certain things and know that there's a population of people here that don't understand it....a simple one lined question of "How does this work?" will get you a fair explaination of how it does work. You really should go to http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/ to figure out most of your answers like I've already told you to do before.

It just sounds like you're not subscribed in the VIP section of the MQ2 boards. A donation of $10 is sufficient to get you VIP access there. But, the members on the MQ2 boards tend to have a lot less patience when dealing with questions they see on a daily basis. They like to use terms like RTFM (read the fucking manual) and so forth.

Macros are basically just scripts to automate commands. Most of the elements in the macro can be typed in your chat window and executed just like any other EverQuest command (e.g. /follow or /gsay blah blah blah.) The main benefit of a macro is the ability to issue a lot of commands in a very short timeframe without having to actually issue the command by hand. In short, macros can do a WIDE variety of things. Your imagination is the limit.

I'd suggest checking out the link below to find out what macroquest is all about and what the various different elements of macroquest are.

http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

<macroname>.mac = finished...but usually needs updates =)
<MQ2pluginname>.dll = compiled plugin
<MQ2pluginname>.cpp = uncompiled plugin
<post with code> = user who posted it will define plugin or macro. BEWARE: The board likes to add spaces into the code if its posted in a thread and can usually be found that there are an extra 5 spaces like so
Rich (BB code):
Hi my name is Thomas and I ca	 me to America to play Everquest.

morganjo said:
... all links to macroquest website from anything from these boards comes up "that thread no longer exists"
I bet they link to MQ2 VIP forums, which means: A) You do not have VIP access on the MQ2 boards (all it requires is a donation to the MQ2 developers of at least $10) or B) You're not logged in on the MQ2 boards.

morganjo said:
... after reading the thread COMPILING FOR FREE I have found out why I believe all this is so freakin confusing for me it tlks about opening up your C++ not your DOS and creating this or that.
If you don't have the slightest clue about "compiling" then just forget the word. Forget all about "compiling for free", just download TurkReno's Precompiled MQ2 (it's great) and skip that part.
You do not compile macro's, as TheZ explained, macro's a text files, basically telling MacroQuest2 what to do when certain scenarios are met.

A very very very simple macro could look like this:
Rich (BB code):
Sub Main
    :loop
    /if (${Target.ID}) /echo I have ${Target.CleanName} targeted.
    /goto :loop
/return
Everything in the "box" above outlines what could be called a macro. All it does is to check if you have a target and write the targetname in your MQ2Window. Don't use it, it will spam you senseless, it's only an example.
Here's a line by line explanation of what it does.
Rich (BB code):
Sub Main
This line tells the macro, there here starts the "Main" subroutine. A subroutine is basically just blocks of code that can be called and executed from other parts of the macro. The "Main" subroutine is always required in a macro, since this is the one that will be called when starting a macro.

Rich (BB code):
    :loop
This just defines a point in the macro that I've decided to call ":loop". They're are used along with "/goto" commands to jump to a specific point in a macro. The name is irrelevant, I could have called it ":point1" etc. This in itself does nothing.

Rich (BB code):
    /if (${Target.ID}) /echo I have ${Target.CleanName} targeted.
This is a long one..
The "/if" command is used to check if certain conditions are met. If those conditions are met, it will execute whatever command are right after the /if, or it will execute a block of commands right after the /if, if they were enclosed by curly brackets ({}).
Okay.. So what the above line does, is: Is Target's ID anything but 0/false/null ? This is a good way to check if you have a target. If you have a target, then Target.ID will always return the ID of that target. If we have a target it will execute the command "/echo I have ${Target.CleanName}".
All "/echo" does", is to write whatever following the "/echo" command to your MQ2 Window. So basically it would write "I have Some Target Name". ${Target.CleanName} returns the "clean" name of your current target. An "unclean" name would be "a_random_mob02" and the "clean" name in that case would be "a random mob"

morganjo said:
Well since i know neither DOS or C++ I think i will just do as I first thought and close this as a wasted 40 bucks and move on since the main reason I paid for it was to read DO THIS GO HERE DO THIS type of instructions and the autoforage only works on one toon its a complete let down thank you all for your help but i guess it is true you just cant teach an old dog new tricks to all those who can read and understanc geekspeech(no offence ment by that) I salute you ,you are the next rulers of the world as for me looks like 1 an a half years of eq will now come to an end guess its time to look for a new hobby
No offense, but you're crying on deaf ears. People are willing to help people that help themselves.

morganjo said:
and for who ever sent the red sent with the nastygram attached please have the backbone in the future to attach your name to it as far as "no one likes to spoonfeed anyone information that you can find on your own"
I don't give good or bad red cents for newbie questions. At least you posted in the right section, I see a lot of people that just posts in a random section ;) You will find or get the information you need, just don't think that it will all be thrown at you just because "I've paid for it". Everyone else on these boards also "paid for it" in one way or another. Some of us have contributed to the Redguides community and have been richly rewarded with either free memberships or other things (stick around and see the monthly award show ;) ).

morganjo said:
"EASY TO READ AND FOLLOW GUIDE" not a "AS LONG AS YOU KNOW PROGRAMMING LIKE DOS AND C++ YOU CN ASEARCH AND FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR" site any and all questions should be answered and as far as this post following my i should just forget about this site I found it while looking for the spot i need to go to to stop any future payments. If you dont want to spoonfeed as you say then change the advertisment to read YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE X PROGRAMS AND X PROGRAMS AND HOW TO PROGRAM COMPUTERS AND PIECE TOGETHER THREADS FROM SEVERAL PEOPLE TO GET WHAT YOU ACTUALLY ARE LOOKING FOR not EASY STEP BY STEP GUIDE WICH IS WHAT THE EQ UNDERGROUND IS ADVERTISED AS AND ALSO PUT UP THE EQ UNDERGROUND NO LONGER EXISTS IT IS NOW PART OF THIS SITE
"Easy" is such a relative term.
MacroQuest2 is by no means "easy" to those who barely know how to install a program, or unzip a file. I don't think you're that type of person.
I do however believe you have tried to read a lot of things about a lot of completely irrellevant things, and are mixing it all together to a huge pile of confusion ;)
You've already downloaded the precompile from TurkReno (or so I assume) and I can gather you know how to start it and type MQ2 commands from within the game. Now wasn't that "easy"? You didn't have to know programming or "C++" to do that. Now, TurkReno who makes the compile DOES however know C++. Those that "compile" MacroQuest2 themselves (the process of compiling is to make what MQ2 devs give us, useable by mere mortals ;) don't concern yourselves with the word "compile" as long as you use the one from TurkReno),

Macro's are no harder, when you understand the principle. This is where you were mixing things together. Read TheZ (and my) post, or ignore them, as you like. We do try to help, but as I said before: People help people who help themselves.

Looking For a PRE-Copiled Bard Macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back