• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Looking for a hardcore network linux guy - This is a paid gig (1 Viewer)

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,386¢
I am looking for someone or someone's to help me setup and learn a linux homelab.

I am pretty well versed in the basics from my web developing job but I usually deal with hardware already setup.

I need help with this beast HP ProLiant DL360p Generation 8 (Gen8)

Currently I am looking at setting up with a base Ubuntu OS and using Virtualbox by oracle for VMs

Please DM me if you are interested with a brief description of your skill set.

PS. MUST HAVE A MIC and DISCORD.

By God, are you planning on opening up ports on your home connection? After reading your ISP support questions on EQEMU....

Please, Maskoi, open ports.
Please.

restaurant come GIF

virtualbox? gross. use a hypervisor like proxmox if you want to run vms on that thing.

Will look into it. Thanks.
Exactly the reason I am looking for a guru.
Virtualbox was FREE why I was looking at that. The others you had to buy to use like ore than 4gb of ram per VM etc.

Last edited:
what's upwork?

nothing, what's up with you?
My son got me with a variation of that at dinner a few months ago... managed to slip into conversation something about doing well playing "updog" or something like that... I wasn't paying too much attention and naturally asked "Whats updog?" and he of course said "nothing much, whats up with you?". Totally got me.

I am a hardware/networking person. Hit me up if you need any advise (free).

I also have a good amount of resources at cloudatcost. I haven't really used it in a while so they are sitting there. If you need, I can make a VM or two for you. It will have its own IP addresses but tends to hang after a while. I used to reboot the vms every night to alleviate that issue.

Good options listed by others.

Another option which I set up on a HP PowerEdge T640 is Oracle Linux with oVirt. OL can be used without a license by connecting it to their public yum servers after install. More info here; https://yum.oracle.com/

oVirt (kvm) is the open source virtualization technology that they moved over to from their older home grown OVM offering.

My son got me with a variation of that at dinner a few months ago... managed to slip into conversation something about doing well playing "updog" or something like that... I wasn't paying too much attention and naturally asked "Whats updog?" and he of course said "nothing much, whats up with you?". Totally got me.
1655210037058.png

IRL - Looking for a hardcore network linux guy - This is a paid gig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back