• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Looking for a hand me down SSD (1 Viewer)

dulak

RedCents
784¢
So my PC is beginning to have all kinds of problems. Takes roughly 15 minutes for the PC to fully boot up. Pretty sure the drive itself is failing. Granted, the issues began when I downgraded to Windows 10. Sadly, I can't reinstall Windows 7 b/c they won't activate anymore. I've already tried. Due to Covid, I'm still unemployed and my savings are spent. So I'm hoping someone here has a spare 250gb SSD they no longer need and would be willing to help out.

I don't know if it's worth me posting a drive from Australia, at least it'll be weeks before arrival on a standard postage

M.2 or 2.5"? Only have some dram less 2.5" but pretty sure I have a Samsung 250gb m.2

Yeah my windows 7 did the same thing after I upgraded to 10. All sorts of weird things happening now. At least 15 minutes to boot up, more like 20 for me.

What were you going to do with an SSD to resolve this? I might need to go that route also.

Yeah my windows 7 did the same thing after I upgraded to 10. All sorts of weird things happening now. At least 15 minutes to boot up, more like 20 for me.

What were you going to do with an SSD to resolve this? I might need to go that route also.

PCs booted from SSDs load a hell of a lot quicker than regular HDs.

Yes, I run them on my other computers. I didn't think the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 that is causing this slowness issue would be fixed by using an SSD though. Might try it, thanks
A successful boot that takes 15 minutes is almost certainly a failing drive, so changing the drive (for any type) would most likely fix it... SSD is just the logical upgrade path.

If you're gonna upgrade, it may as well be during a repair.

IRL - Looking for a hand me down SSD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back