• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Looking for a better UI, map, and help with placement on bars (1 Viewer)

RedCents
969¢
Could some people suggest some good custom UIs? - hopefully a place that explains how to install them.

My main main is a mage, and I raid with him. My screen is so cluttered that I can barely see the game. In fact, sometimes I can't see the game enough to follow someone. I would like a UI that doesn't have all the fancy borders, etc. It just is. My main may change, I'm just using the mage as an example because pet classes have one more window up than other classes. Lately I have experimented with minimizing some windows to banners and the making them big when I need them - that works OK. I would still like to reduce my clutter.

@Sic - I really like whatever UI you are using in your videos, could you share what it is, please? It doesn't have any borders( to the buttons and stuff) in the videos.

Also, if anyone wants to share a really good (efficient) placement of stuff, I would appreciate that too. I'm not sure what I should have up all the time so I have everything up. So, suggestions on what can be off screen would be appreciated too. Any discussion or suggestions would be appreciated. How do you color code your buttons? I use green for loot and pink for pet commands. Do you use pet commands in a bar or in your pet box (and why)? On my mage I ran out of bars :(.

Not sure if the map is part of the UI, but I would like to get something that is easier to read when I make it small (ish) in the corner of my screen. I have tried changing my arrow color, that helped some - I'm guessing someone has already solved this as I can't be the only one who doesn't like the map.

Needless to say that boxing has compounded these problems. I also have a lot of chat windows open (guild, tell, fellowship, group). I'm at a loss on how to manage them. I play the game to be social, so I like to keep the several I'm using, at that time, open.

I just found
MQ2MyButtons
does anyone else use this and which buttons work best here?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I use Sparxx UI not too bulky. Zliz is a little more slim than Sparxx

The MQMyButton is great for boxing. You can have the same set of buttons across all toons and only have to edit one file to do so.

When I switch to a custom UI, do I need to switch on every account? i.e. will I have problems if I run a custom UI on a single account and use the normal UI on the others?

When I switch to a custom UI, do I need to switch on every account? i.e. will I have problems if I run a custom UI on a single account and use the normal UI on the others?
you do not have to have it running on everyone - you can mix and match any way you like.

@DadBod - Yes. I love it. It is one of the most useful plugins. I made every UI the same, with keys that I use on everyone in the same places (throne of heroes, jump forward, etc). Then I use MQ2MyButtons for commands that I want on every toon.

my buttons: Return to camp, camp on, camp off, stop move, chase me, pause, unpause, burn now, stop frenzied, target clear, assist me, Lesson of the devoted (for the group).

I would like to know what everyone else is using? Some of what I listed I don't need on every toon. I was thinking of adding a /nav UI and swapping one of the others out.

Also, I'm curious how everyone else uses theirs? Like /nav UI isn't hard to remember so it is better to set them for buttons like group Lesson? Maybe a group Armor of Exp - to try to save a bad pull, or tough named?

@DadBod - Yes. I love it. It is one of the most useful plugins. I made every UI the same, with keys that I use on everyone in the same places (throne of heroes, jump forward, etc). Then I use MQ2MyButtons for commands that I want on every toon.

my buttons: Return to camp, camp on, camp off, stop move, chase me, pause, unpause, burn now, stop frenzied, target clear, assist me, Lesson of the devoted (for the group).

I would like to know what everyone else is using? Some of what I listed I don't need on every toon. I was thinking of adding a /nav UI and swapping one of the others out.

Also, I'm curious how everyone else uses theirs? Like /nav UI isn't hard to remember so it is better to set them for buttons like group Lesson? Maybe a group Armor of Exp - to try to save a bad pull, or tough named?

So for my buttons I am sort of have an alt isssue right now i have like 33 115 chars - so I actually have an add and save button for autoAccept. I also have a selos, invis, removelev, and makevisible buttons.

I use sparkxxUI you can get it at eqinterface. There are other options there as well definitly a place to take a look if you want a custom UI.

Question - Looking for a better UI, map, and help with placement on bars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back