• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Looking for 6th Box (1 Viewer)

Livilla

RedCents
181¢
My Current Setup; I play on a TLP server max level is 95 going to 100 in 2 weeks when ROF opens.

SK-95
Mage-95
Druid -95
BST-95
BRD-95

Having a heck of a time deciding on a 6th box for this group. Tossed around the idea of a shaman for a secondary healer for rougher content and the aura for swarm pets. Also considered going cleric on the 6th and turning druid into DPS. Looking for ideas here as im not sure the druid can solo heal everything.
If I knew the druid could solo heal I would add a rogue or a zerker but im not confident.
Thanks!

shammies take a bit extra effort/investment to shine as solo healer.

being that you're 95, you're still not quite into the "i have access all the tools i need to shine", this changes when you get into 101+ territory.

if you're not willing to get your 2.0 and your omm rez stick, and go through the additional work to understand the "when should i do xyz instead of abc (with regards to what settings/spells etc to run)" you're going to have less fun than a generic cleric who takes significantly less effort/work

Druids expand into DPS classes quite nicely around 105... With that setup, a cleric will give you alot more peace of mind. They do have one of the worst mana situations in current content, but with a bard, bst and mod rods, just make the druid dps/emergeny heals imo.

My Current Setup; I play on a TLP server max level is 95 going to 100 in 2 weeks when ROF opens.

SK-95
Mage-95
Druid -95
BST-95
BRD-95

Having a heck of a time deciding on a 6th box for this group. Tossed around the idea of a shaman for a secondary healer for rougher content and the aura for swarm pets. Also considered going cleric on the 6th and turning druid into DPS. Looking for ideas here as im not sure the druid can solo heal everything.
If I knew the druid could solo heal I would add a rogue or a zerker but im not confident.
Thanks!
I ignore TLPs bc I hate original EQ lol(I started in TBS) but they have one hitting RoF? Kinda makes me wanna go play that since that was the end of my eq "career" and after 6-7 years I came back as a hobbyist more. Still wish I was around the whole time.

I would say add a cleric with your setup also. Big heals nice, gives you stackable buffs with bst. Personally, I don't feel the bst slowing is a big dps loss overall.

Plus, you could always have the bard slow if that's the case. On a backup

You can't go wrong with the Shaman. I'm on Ragefire and box SK, SHM, DRU, BRD, ROG, MNK and I don't know what I would do without my shaman. My shm is backup heals - dr00d is main heals. Beginning new content I feel like I need a second healer. By the time I'm T4 I don't need the shm to heal and I play around with DPS.

Sic is right though, Shms take a bit to gear and IMO need their epic.

Looking through your comp if you want to just ram a 6th in w/o a lot of gearing and have them viable I would say Zerker. Best defense is a good offense and bless your dr00ds heart.

shammies take a bit extra effort/investment to shine as solo healer.

being that you're 95, you're still not quite into the "i have access all the tools i need to shine", this changes when you get into 101+ territory.

if you're not willing to get your 2.0 and your omm rez stick, and go through the additional work to understand the "when should i do xyz instead of abc (with regards to what settings/spells etc to run)" you're going to have less fun than a generic cleric who takes significantly less effort/work
Why is the Rez stick so important for a shaman? I see a lot of people talking about that, but can't understand why a normal boxing group would ever need that? If my toon or toons die, I can just rez them with a merc or my shaman aa. Just wondering what I'm missing with that.

Why is the Rez stick so important for a shaman? I see a lot of people talking about that, but can't understand why a normal boxing group would ever need that? If my toon or toons die, I can just rez them with a merc or my shaman aa. Just wondering what I'm missing with that.
you can't real ic rez, only call, and it is a longer cooldown (so is rez stick) than cleric aA rez

you can't real ic rez, only call, and it is a longer cooldown (so is rez stick) than cleric aA rez
Ahh ok thanks, that's what I figured. I never really had the need to IC rez anyone. If my tank died, my group was soon to follow and if another member somehow died, I would just rez after the fight. I guess in a raid that would be useful, but doesn't seem like a must have and very situational, for normal group exping and it's only a 90% rez. Don't think I would use it, even if I had it, for what I do usually.

SK-95
Mage-95
Druid -95
BST-95
BRD-95

Thanks!
I'd go cleric, shammies are cool and all...but peace of mind...hope that helps

Question - Looking for 6th Box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back