• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

LoN Illusion Loot Cards (1 Viewer)

Jmo

Ex-Admin Dust Bunny
RedCents
1,087¢
Hey everyone, I'm really looking for some of these illusion loot cards (I think there are 3). Send me a PM if you'd be willing to trade some cards for them. I have the Burning Prince loot card as well as quite a few others (I think over 300+ cards) that I'd be willing to make a decent trade. I would part with at least 10-20 Cards for 1 Illusion.

So far, I've seen one of these things drop...came from either a spider or a terror during a PL session in Crystal Caverns. Sold it for 175K, and the person who bought it said he has gone thru like 80 or so boosters and only had the dragon familiar to show for it...no illusion, no mount.

Myself, I wouldn't mind having the Chimera mount though. I guess all the mounts are the same speed as the pally/sk AA mount.

I heard the mounts were the speed of the 100k mounts. I can't believe Sony would give regular players a relatively easy to acquire mount that rivals the knight steeds. Those AA horses are one of the big "unique" things for the pallys/SKs. Only the bridles you get from Emperor/Seru are as fast as those. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love a mount with that kind of speed, just had always been told that Sony would not let those come to be wide spread.

bama75 said:
I heard the mounts were the speed of the 100k mounts. I can't believe Sony would give regular players a relatively easy to acquire mount that rivals the knight steeds. Those AA horses are one of the big "unique" things for the pallys/SKs. Only the bridles you get from Emperor/Seru are as fast as those. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love a mount with that kind of speed, just had always been told that Sony would not let those come to be wide spread.

The mounts from the LoN loot cards are as fast as the knight horses. The Seru / Emp bridles, are just a tad slower then the knight horses. The only "bridle" that equates the knight horses is the one from DK - bells event. As for it being a unique mount to the knights.. meh.. they don't look the same... and as for widespread, they are EXTREMELY Rare.. Sony's going to do whatever they can, to make people spend more money, i.e. buy more boosters, so they have a chance at a mount.

jmo1985 said:
Hey everyone, I'm really looking for some of these illusion loot cards (I think there are 3). Send me a PM if you'd be willing to trade some cards for them. I have the Burning Prince loot card as well as quite a few others (I think over 300+ cards) that I'd be willing to make a decent trade. I would part with at least 10-20 Cards for 1 Illusion.

There are at least 5 illusion cards. Banshee, Gelaqua, Scrykin, Draygun, Golem - and I wouldn't expect many people to take you up on your offer to trade 10 - 20 cards. I've seen people trading 15 boosters (225 cards) for 1 illusion. But they only accept the boosters, as those have been unopened, and have a chance to get more illusions / loot cards.

If lon mounts are as fast as 100k mounts, then they're not as fast as knight mounts.

100k < knight < seru

Iirc

darkeros said:
well thats bullshit

From your point of view, yes... But, think of all the extra money sony has pulled in because of this. Just 1 person, in my guild has spent $750 so far. I know many that have spent hundreds. As far as taking away the knights "uniqueness" I've already touched on it in my last post... the mounts don't look the same, so I don't see a problem. If there was a mount with flaming feet that you could get from the game, then, I would see a problem.

Also, the speeds are Knight/DK Bridle/LoN mounts > Seru/Emp/Glowing black drum > 100k horses.

Speaking of LoN Booster Packs, has anyone seen any report of them dropping in instanced zones?

It seems the drop rate is either insanely rare or simply doesn't exist.

I had a LoN Starter Deck drop in WoS off of a named PH.
But I was swarmkiteing and AOE killing stuff whole day about 16 hours straight.
Prollykilling 2000+ mobs and I still consider myself lucky that I got this drop.

Got 2 booster packs and a starter pack last night in Paw. all dropped within 2 hours of being there, then nadda since and i have been there going on 12 hours today.

I've seen one drop in CoM twice while powerleveling a 40ish character. It was for two different characters, though, and about a week apart.

*edit... one of them had two boosters and a fighter starter, the other only had one booster. There was no way to tell until I claimed it.

the booster and starter we drop contain automaticaly bonus card like illu or someone not verified ? i looted 2 booster and 2 starte but not opened yet )

No clue if they all have goodies or not. I'd like to know, too. So far, though, I'm 2/2. I got the pigpen illusion in the single pack and some double exp potions in the set.

The odds are supposed to be about 1/8 to get the loot card.

Also, update on my previous question. I got 3 boosters in a single day, after a week of not getting anything, as soon as I gave in and finally bought one from Sony store...

Pretty sure you need to purchase at least 1 booster pack or starter set (mage/etc) in order to have loots drop. I know you gotta purchase to play anything other than practice games / training games in LoN.

Just a hunch.

I haven't heard anything like that before. And with Sony giving a boost to the drop rates this weekend, my hunch is that their first "tournament" didn't go as well as they had hoped and so are trying to drum up some more interest in the game by making it more accessible to the general population. If everyone has more cards to fool with, they may just get interested enough in it to go and actually buy some more packs later.

I have been grinding my druid/beastlord in AC for the last week. 4-6 hour sessions every single night. The night before the updates to security, etc I played for 45 minutes and had a booster drop off one of the entrance mobs. I have not purchased any starter packs on either account so I can confirm that owning a starter set is not a requirement. I would assume that the prices for boosters will increase before the weekend considering the scheduled events.

What I am curious about though is the way in which the /claim effect works.. is it a huge table that it randomly pulls a set from or is the card set also a random determined at time of claim? randomly choosing each card in the pack...

Thoughts?

I imagine, booster packs are not completely random. There must be a pre-set number of them.

Another update on drops, btw.

After a day of getting 3 booster drops, I am back to getting nothing out of 3000 blue/light blue kills.

Got to love the wonderful SoE random generator.

I never seen a friggin booster drop yet short of a raid and the raid looter kept it under order from the raid leader. I have however looted 4 starter decks, 5 switches, and 1 hatred.

LoN Illusion Loot Cards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back