• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Stupid - LOL @ WoW 2.4 patchnotes (gary gygax) (1 Viewer)

isobelle

RedCents
51¢
i'm reinstalling wow on my laptp, and must have missed this the first time around:

World of Warcraft Client Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25)
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

Fury of the Sunwell

• [*]The glorious fount of arcane energy known as the Sunwell empowered the high elves for millennia, until the death knight Arthas laid siege to the elven kingdom and corrupted its sacred energies. Seeing no other alternative, a band of survivors led by Prince Kael'thas destroyed the ancient fount. Over time the surviving elves fell pray to a crippling magical withdrawal. Now, promising salvation for his people, Kael'thas has returned. Soon the Sunwell will shine once again, but whether the sacred fount will usher in deliverance or destruction remains to be seen.
In Memoriam: Gary Gygax

• [*]Blizzard Entertainment would like to dedicate the patch in memory of Gary Gygax. His work on D&D was an inspiration to us in many ways and helped spark our passion for creating games of our own. As avid D&D players and fellow game developers, we were all saddened by the news of his passing; we feel we've lost a true adventuring companion. Thanks for everything and farewell, Gary. You will be missed.
Combat Log Improvements

• [*]The combat log has undergone improvements that allow more robust combat text filtering including the ability to define custom colors for enemies and friends, as well as combat text filtering for self and others.
Global Arena Tournament

• [*]Players will be able to create level-70 characters with epic equipment and compete on special tournament realms in a new global arena tournament. For more information, details and entry requirements, please visit the official tournament pages.

Gosh gary! thanks for all your hard work! you really inspired us with everything you did on D&D. we'd like to 'dedicate this patch to you', but AFTER WE TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THE NEW 25 MAN RAID SUNWELL WOOOHOOO!

oh yeah RIP Gary, and now on to combat log changes....

:( you think they'd put it first, or just not put it at all.

Most WoW players just went "Gary who?"

Googled it and then forgot about it.

That's not saying much though, I'd say a good percentage of all MMO players would do the same.

That sounded more like a commercial to me.. like "look, we DO care about other MMO and their creators"

the whole 'we dedicate patch # 743.53.2b to our hero' just left a gross taste in my mouth : /

Uh..back in March this was on the front page of the Blizzard website:

In Memoriam: Gary Gygax
Posted by: Blizzard| 3-4-08
* 3-4-08

Many of us here at Blizzard got our start in gaming with Dungeons & Dragons or one of its computer adaptations and have fond memories of rolling dice, poring over rulebooks, braving dark caverns and castle keeps, battling kobolds and hill giants. Gary Gygax's work on D&D was an inspiration to us and in many ways helped spark our passion for creating games of our own. As avid D&D players and fellow game developers, we were all saddened by the news of his passing; we feel we've lost a true adventuring companion. Thanks for everything and farewell, Gary. You will be missed.

I remember finding that a bit cheesy as well. The front page nod was a good thing. But dedicating a patch? Maybe they could have put a Gary Gygax character in game that gave some hardcore RPishly gay quests to pay homage... But dedicating a patch? *shrug*

Ultima Online did this:
http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=337

Created an encounter in some dungeon (I don't nor have I ever played UO so not sure what Dungeon doom is.)

D&D online has a shrine for him.

But really every game we play that has combat is based around what they developed so the greatest tribute is the games we play today.

Or, that is how I see it.

Gary was the shit, he was a GM for the first ever MMORPG which I still play... NexusTk.. He will be missed. :(

Stupid - LOL @ WoW 2.4 patchnotes (gary gygax)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back