• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Loading Times?! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
39¢
It's damn near taking me twice as long to zone compared to other people I've talked to that run a full bot group. I have settings decently high, but so do they. I'm just now trying out my wiz/mag duo with all the anniversary stuff and it's working out pretty well, but the load times are killing me.

And yeah. I have Intel Core 9, 3080 RTX, 32G of RAM, SSD. All more than capable of running the shit out of EQ and most current games.

And to note. The zone loading time issue is as bad even just using one game client instance. I literally have to look at the ground when approaching Laurion's stupid inn or my fps slows down to like 2-4 fps. Then I get upstairs and it's relatively normal.

It has to be some kind of configuration issue I'm missing or something. Is anyone dealing or delt with this kind of crap?

Reduce your clip plan for character models and particle effects also. I wouldn't have those past 50% as the higher it is, the more models load upon entry into a zone.

It's damn near taking me twice as long to zone compared to other people I've talked to that run a full bot group. I have settings decently high, but so do they. I'm just now trying out my wiz/mag duo with all the anniversary stuff and it's working out pretty well, but the load times are killing me.

And yeah. I have Intel Core 9, 3080 RTX, 32G of RAM, SSD. All more than capable of running the shit out of EQ and most current games.

And to note. The zone loading time issue is as bad even just using one game client instance. I literally have to look at the ground when approaching Laurion's stupid inn or my fps slows down to like 2-4 fps. Then I get upstairs and it's relatively normal.

It has to be some kind of configuration issue I'm missing or something. Is anyone dealing or delt with this kind of crap?
Not sure if its the same or even similar issue as the cause, but I also am finding loading times VERY slow.. and having odd memory issues. Pre Anniversary I had around 13-14 guys on, sometimes 20, with no issues.. group doing missions and others doing other stuff, some on for a Lua testing, etc... Lots of browser tabs, no zoning issues. Currently I am running through a lot of zones for anniversary missions, and I find strange time outs for the zoners only... if I leave a guy in PoK for example.. a stationary character does not time out to Char select.
also, my guys are gaining memory usage:
1711212442334-png.59382

The lower one at 2 MB, is a pok guy online for a good while. Normally that guy would be at like 200 megs or so. Even a reboot brings this back...AND.. this is all on Stick figures now. Pre Anniversary, all those guys were on Full armor and graphics/spell etc.
My system is a little older than yours but 64 gig, and easily handles up to 45 guys+.
Sic gave some good suggestions about checking for logs, internet consistency lowering memory use in a post I made earlier. I have been trying to check and see what could be happening, but still no luck. Please post if you find anything out.

Attachments

• 1711212377481.png
    1711212377481.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 0
Not sure if its the same or even similar issue as the cause, but I also am finding loading times VERY slow.. and having odd memory issues. Pre Anniversary I had around 13-14 guys on, sometimes 20, with no issues.. group doing missions and others doing other stuff, some on for a Lua testing, etc... Lots of browser tabs, no zoning issues. Currently I am running through a lot of zones for anniversary missions, and I find strange time outs for the zoners only... if I leave a guy in PoK for example.. a stationary character does not time out to Char select.
also, my guys are gaining memory usage:
1711212442334-png.59382

The lower one at 2 MB, is a pok guy online for a good while. Normally that guy would be at like 200 megs or so. Even a reboot brings this back...AND.. this is all on Stick figures now. Pre Anniversary, all those guys were on Full armor and graphics/spell etc.
My system is a little older than yours but 64 gig, and easily handles up to 45 guys+.
Sic gave some good suggestions about checking for logs, internet consistency lowering memory use in a post I made earlier. I have been trying to check and see what could be happening, but still no luck. Please post if you find anything out.
I'm having this exact same problem. None of the "fixes" that work for other folks are sticking for me, so I'm stuck with nearly-unbearably long zone times.

Tried the new UI in EQ, but quickly turned it off because everything got slower. If you got that on, try turning it off.
I'm not exactly sure if I have it on or off since I don't pay attention to their graphics crap all that much. I'll check to see if it's defaulted on or something.

I'll try the clip plane too... but jeez. Has there been a requirements jump since SoL? I usually went into full raids with everything on max and all particles on even in PoP.

do you use discord? if so try it with it off an see . my discord was causing me issues so i ended up usin a spare lap top for discord only and i log just fine ..all 6 toons less then 10 sec

IRL - Loading Times?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back