• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Level 125 (1 Viewer)

im lucky to have the test exp bonus, but my main warrior i play had no collect/overseer shortcuts like that ... i did 121-123 in paludal depths at the maricella camp with 3 rogues in gruop for fast kills than merc tasks in LI and than a mean streets grind overnight for 124- than levelled to 125 in moors of nokk ... took me about 36 hrs total so with no bonus im guessing 48 ish?

I haven't done a lot in later expansions, but i know completing some tasks in ToV, CoV, ToL give a lot of xp. Maybe someone Leveled a toon up to 120 without finishing any of those and just plowed through a bunch really fast as well as collects and Overseers.

I haven't done a lot in later expansions, but i know completing some tasks in ToV, CoV, ToL give a lot of xp. Maybe someone Leveled a toon up to 120 without finishing any of those and just plowed through a bunch really fast as well as collects and Overseers.
Right, the xpacs which had level increases granted nice xp from missions. I was just suprised to see a few 125's on a live server.

im lucky to have the test exp bonus, but my main warrior i play had no collect/overseer shortcuts like that ... i did 121-123 in paludal depths at the maricella camp with 3 rogues in gruop for fast kills than merc tasks in LI and than a mean streets grind overnight for 124- than levelled to 125 in moors of nokk ... took me about 36 hrs total so with no bonus im guessing 48 ish?
ToL was roughly the same timewise, 40-48 hours per group to max (all grind, no missions), FV 50% (not dirty 100% test) xp bonus.

There were at least four level 125s on my server within 10 minutes of the server being up. They were in guild halls so not sure they were able to run around and hand-in all of the missions. I suspect hoarding collectibles and using them quick may have helped them.

KV (if you have rogues or rangers), VT (slightly better xp, slightly harder mobs), UP tigi's (need to buff strip for melee)... NoS can do birds in FF, humans in SW (rog/rng), humans in PC (rog/rng)..

Besides using collects and having stored some Overseer missions, how could some be level 125 already?
@Oldman66... Easy...they gave Woebot some lovin'

Sci-Fi Love GIF by M3GAN
maywa denki robot GIF

I have saved some "Hero of" ach to use at some point after I buy the new exp. It is saying 18.2% experience reward at my level (120). So if we can save 10 rewards then someone could get 2 levels maybe.

Besides using collects and having stored some Overseer missions, how could some be level 125 already?
Stored collects. There's always the Oakwynd exp bonus, but that is a lot of work to keep all your characters at the max level just to get it high enough. There's really no such thing as besides using collects. They are there for you to use wisely. Complete them all for trophies and bags as soon as expansions come out, you make that trade-off instead of using them to gather exp for level increases. Trophies are nice, but you can complete them when needs overlap.

Also... mercs also partisans supplement collects. Easy 70% or more exp bar for all 7 mercs and missions give around 20% for LS. If the timing isn't right, achievement exp gives you very little benefit.

There were a number of people who hit 125 within 30 minutes of launch purely by using 7 xpacs worth of collectibles. One guy paid 100m plat to buy them all from someone who essentially put together a leveling "kit".

what would ya'lls advice be for a group set up for speedy kills, named grinds, + missions, current setup is as following, 124 sk, 122 shm, 122 bard, 122 bstlord, currently running a cleric merc, and rogue merc.
i know personally i see several people stomping zones out and just wondering if there is somthing i am specifically missing? or is there a specific taste in class i should replace the mercs with ? \

what would ya'lls advice be for a group set up for speedy kills, named grinds, + missions, current setup is as following, 124 sk, 122 shm, 122 bard, 122 bstlord, currently running a cleric merc, and rogue merc.
i know personally i see several people stomping zones out and just wondering if there is somthing i am specifically missing? or is there a specific taste in class i should replace the mercs with ? \
Because you have a bard, shaman, and beastlord, your most bang for the buck is going to come from 2 melee type DPS - rogue, berserker, monk, or ranger if you don't mind trading a little raw dps or better adps and utility. But honestly, any dps class for the last two slots will work. You should be able to handle Final Fugue with your team depending on gear, as long as you can get past the 3 goblins without wiping. Heroes are Forged is going to be more difficult with some of mechanics and DPS checks. You should have no issue with any named so long as your tank is reasonably geared and AA'd.

Because you have a bard, shaman, and beastlord, your most bang for the buck is going to come from 2 melee type DPS - rogue, berserker, monk, or ranger if you don't mind trading a little raw dps or better adps and utility. But honestly, any dps class for the last two slots will work. You should be able to handle Final Fugue with your team depending on gear, as long as you can get past the 3 goblins without wiping. Heroes are Forged is going to be more difficult with some of mechanics and DPS checks. You should have no issue with any named so long as your tank is reasonably geared and AA'd.
Thank you, appreciate the insights. my sk is fully aa'd maxx for NoS and T1 LS geared, i seem to be doing fine with nameds, and final fugue mission. Definitly will have to invest into monk plugin next payday, as well as rogue. i do have both those recommended on 2 seperate accounts, not sure how well Kissassist would work for either. But definetly appreciate ya bud thank you.

Discussion - Level 125

Users who are viewing this thread

Back