• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Learning the rules of casters. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,215¢
Hi all!

Is it true that more intelligens equals more damage on spells and not just more mana?

I thought Spell damage did the overall scale when comes to damage from spells.

Enc
Nec
Wiz

Classes.

Thanks!

int = more mana
you want spell damage on any aug you use - get that over any other stat the aug has for mage/wiz

Heroic Intelligence: Increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen an int-based caster can have. Every 4 points equals +82 mana. Every 25 heroic INT equals +1 point of mana regeneration

Also keep in mind that spell damage follows this calculation "((Cast_Time + Recast_Time) / 7) * Spell_Damage = bonus damage per hit of spell" and the bonus is added to the end of the spell calculation meaning it does not crit or focus.

My Enchanters spell damage is 3002. If I cast Mindreap I get the following (4s + 9s) / 7 * 3002 = 5,575 damage per cast. For the base damage it isn't insignificant (~8.4% if I'm looking at this right) but on a 7M crit it doesn't really add up to much. (Average hit is around 700k which means my spell damage modifier adds about 0.79% damage. Spending more time focusing on increasing that stat is never going to be worth the effort until you have exhausted almost every other avenue of spell damage modification.

All that being said I just checked some numbers on this and the spell damage isn't even adding anything to Mindreap, my base cast is exactly the damage shown on Raidloot and on my spell information so I need to look in to this a bit more... Nevermind this, I found the issue and it has nothing to do with spell damage.

The only real impact you get on spell damage in EQ outside of ADPS is the following:
Type 3 Augs​
Rk II/III​
Spell Proc Augs​

Last edited:
Question - Learning the rules of casters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back