• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Learn language macro? and probably other basic Questions (1 Viewer)

kingskin

RedCents
30¢
Not going to lie, this is all really hard to learn. I'm a middle aged plumber not a coder :). I have been just chilling and doing my thing with my clr,war and druid with kissassist.You know noob stuff, download an ini and then fiddle with it until it works. That took me about a week with the 3 characters! But I learnt a lot of basic stuff just doing that and its actually working quite well for my needs. I have trawled the forums/google for handy tips threads and got lots of QOL stuff from there. Not going for the class plugins at the moment as stuff gets expensive fast when you add up the initial outlay.

Now I thought I would start a group of 6 from level 1. just for fun and to learn how to set up some basic things. I have got the autogroup and autoaccept working and am going for the basics.

I am on FV so need to learn some languages. I found almars language macro,which pasted as is from almars guides below. What do I do with all this? there are 5 lines in the ingame social how do I get this to work?

#turbo 40

Sub Main
:loop
/g ASDAGafbfg asgasdfgadfg agh dg
/g asg asdfg dfg dfgadfhadfhh a hasfh
/g asdfg adgh h asdfhhadfh
/goto :loop
/return

This will not be the only question,and its here rather than in the private section as it is real basic info I need.

Thanks

King, half the fun with mq is how well it scales with each of our individual levels of time and desire to tinker, and we all started somewhere.

Did you get sorted out with the language stuff?

Just throwing this out there, and I know you're new to all this. But if you are going to just start out, really suggest using the Lua language and not the old contrived Macro language. There's tons of information and even tutorials on Lua, and nearly nothing on this niche Macro language.

I understand that Kiss is written in the old Macro language, but that's because when it was written, that's all we had.

I am on FV so need to learn some languages. I found almars language macro,which pasted as is from almars guides below. What do I do with all this? there are 5 lines in the ingame social how do I get this to work?
Languages are learned at such a fast rate that your manual hotkey is fine. If you want automated, Kaen01 has a Lua driven one that is really good.

will this not work if you have all your languages maxed ? im trying to spam languages to my alt , and it runs the macro ,then says maxed languages ending macro.

Discussion - Learn language macro? and probably other basic Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back