• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Krono Warning (1 Viewer)

RedCents
305¢
Not sure if anyone has posted this on or around red guides, I tried to search it and the first two pages of results didn't show anything so I figured I would make a post.

With all the krono flying around on Teek, it appears there have been some issues with people trading krono for plat or items and the krono vanishing a few days later.

One buddy purchased some krono with plat, and two days later, all 5 krono were gone. (interesting that he purchased 2 krono from one person and 5 from another person, all plat transactions)
Another buddy sold a water staff (for mage epic) for 10 krono, and all 10 krono vanished about 1-2 days later.
I recently purchased 4 krono using platinum, 3 from a single person and 1 from another person, 2 days later, 1 of my krono vanished.

In both of my friends case, their krono was replaced after a lengthy fight with daybreak customer support.
I noticed mine was gone this morning and have filed a petition.

I have seen other comments about a "krono scam" and people talking about being scammed but nothing with any concrete evidence or factual evidence to base it off.

So I have been sort of wondering, have other people experienced this as well, does anyone know about any type of krono scam or could this just be an error within daybreak, perhaps due to the MASSIVE movement of krono lately?
Needless to say, I am a bit hesitant to purchase krono with any type of in game currency now. Finally drummed up enough funds to purchase 3 more but dont want to risk them vanishing as well.

What I'm gathering is when there's a payment dispute involving a chargeback, dbg considers the krono fraudulent and removes them. Others have reported petitioning and getting compensated with the plat equivalent or even up to double the market value.

It doesn't seem there's a way to protect yourself from being scammed. Maybe using the krono shortly after receiving it? Would they go as far as adjusting your account membership time?

So I have been sort of wondering, have other people experienced this as well, does anyone know about any type of krono scam or could this just be an error within daybreak, perhaps due to the MASSIVE movement of krono lately?
Needless to say, I am a bit hesitant to purchase krono with any type of in game currency now. Finally drummed up enough funds to purchase 3 more but dont want to risk them vanishing as well.
On Teek the funds you had for 3 Krono are probably only enough for 2 by now the way prices are inflating.

Not sure if anyone has posted this on or around red guides, I tried to search it and the first two pages of results didn't show anything so I figured I would make a post.

With all the krono flying around on Teek, it appears there have been some issues with people trading krono for plat or items and the krono vanishing a few days later.

One buddy purchased some krono with plat, and two days later, all 5 krono were gone. (interesting that he purchased 2 krono from one person and 5 from another person, all plat transactions)
Another buddy sold a water staff (for mage epic) for 10 krono, and all 10 krono vanished about 1-2 days later.
I recently purchased 4 krono using platinum, 3 from a single person and 1 from another person, 2 days later, 1 of my krono vanished.

In both of my friends case, their krono was replaced after a lengthy fight with daybreak customer support.

I have seen other comments about a "krono scam" and people talking about being scammed but nothing with any concrete evidence or factual evidence to base it off.

Most likely, people are buying kronos from DBG via a CC or pay card scam, selling them as quickly as possible, and when DBG discovers that the payment for the krono purchase is unfunded, they remove it from whoever holds it at that moment. So the scam is ultimately against DBG.

The only certain way I can think of to protect yourself is to purchase kronos directly from DBG, and then sell plat for money to make back to the cash.

We were talking about this in this post but many misunderstood that we were talking about trades between players and thought/ posted/focused about purchases from dbg

But yes, it seems to be an issue on Teek.

Thanks for the warning. I didn't realize this was a problem.

Most likely, people are buying kronos from DBG via a CC or pay card scam, selling them as quickly as possible, and when DBG discovers that the payment for the krono purchase is unfunded, they remove it from whoever holds it at that moment. So the scam is ultimately against DBG.
What I'm gathering is when there's a payment dispute involving a chargeback, dbg considers the krono fraudulent and removes them.
DB introduced delays between buying krono and it showing up on the account for this very reason. Wondering what is going on what scam are the original buyers now using.

They stop selling codes for Sony bucks and expansions back in the day when similar incidents like this happened. Wonder if they’ll do away with KR too.

They stop selling codes for Sony bucks and expansions back in the day when similar incidents like this happened. Wonder if they’ll do away with KR too.
I would have doubts on that, they must make a fortune on them, more so than yearly subs. Thats only my guess, not fact based. For the sake of argument and they did get rid of them, My thoughts is they would lose a lot of players, because I'm sure even non Boxer players make Free accounts for play and storage and such. and they also have Krono'd accounts for the non raid times. Take away the Gold and those guys might not stay and only log on for new expansions and raids...I think it would make many leave.

I would have doubts on that, they must make a fortune on them, more so than yearly subs. Thats only my guess, not fact based. For the sake of argument and they did get rid of them, My thoughts is they would lose a lot of players, because I'm sure even non Boxer players make Free accounts for play and storage and such. and they also have Krono'd accounts for the non raid times. Take away the Gold and those guys might not stay and only log on for new expansions and raids...I think it would make many leave.
this is a EQ1 website, but last i checked KR could be bought and used for 11 different titles. People lose sight, yes we play EQ, but this company has quite a few titles.

this is a EQ1 website, but last i checked KR could be bought and used for 11 different titles. People lose sight, yes we play EQ, but this company has quite a few titles.
I think they are down to 8 now, and to what I know (granted I'm a RockHead) Krono are for EQ and EQ2, the other games don't have them. Only a few have sub services for a 'Gold' and Free type account. I believe a DCU player doesn't use Krono to sub, but CAN use their DB account to make a free EQ account.. log on and have a Krono given to them, consume it and the account is now a paid one for 30 days. Then log back over to DCU and you have the Premium account vs Free.

If any of you are curious, this was the response i got..

"Greetings Adventurer,

I wanted to touch base with you about your help request. The next time you access your parcel, you should see that the platinum value of (1) krono has been returned to you. You should be all set.

If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day!

Regards,
GM Doex
Daybreak Game Company, LLC"

I was refunded EXACTLY the amount i spent on them, sadly the price of krono has gone up a lot.

Do you get a notification if they take back Krono? I traded a week or so back for 2 krono. I don't remember which account, but I have zero across my accounts.

Do you get a notification if they take back Krono? I traded a week or so back for 2 krono. I don't remember which account, but I have zero across my accounts.
I did not receive any such notification that they were taking my krono. I am pretty eagle eye about most of my toons and so I noticed it the second I logged them in.

Problem - Krono Warning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back