• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - KissAssist version 12 beta - pulling (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,666¢
One of the big buzz things about VV is the reference to KissAssist as the getting your characters to do lots for you super macro, currently at version 11.

Somewhere in the forums, I read about there being a beta release of 12, looking to get feedback. Accepting my experience of the software is limited I figured I'd give this a run.

To date, I picked up where the videos started. A melee character and a cleric buddy, then added more characters to it. Watching the lowbies running around tank n spank the mobs was funny, especially the battle cleric. Quickly learned the importance of detailing mobs to pull into the "KissAssist_info" file. Running as hunter, MA/MT would find a mob, tank n spank, supported by the buddies. Great. The mob has died, it looks for another and this cycle repeats without drama.

That sets the basic scene for where I'm coming from.

There was one feature that stood out several times.

If you note in the low level areas, a lot of mobs are "indifferent" and so there is no auto aggro "scowl"/'kos'.

The mob just fought has died and then there is the call of "Looking for Close Range Mobs".
A new mob is selected, and our hero sets off to engage in melee.
Running right by, one.. two.. or more other viable targets that could have chosen from, and very likely would have been with a player driving!!

The mob may have been "close" as the ghost crow fly (direct line, through walls perhaps), but not as you run around on foot to reach it.

That was the story with KissAssist 11.

Here we are with version 12, and the story changes.

The pull code has been revisited and the finding mobs close by has been addressed. I studied this over a number of hours, glancing each time a mob died and seeing which mob was selected as the new target, with the map window open to help validate the selection. It looks good, a close mob and no running by others has taken place.

All I can say is, excellent job. :hfive:

To whomever was involved in the overhaul of the pulling code, well done. Your time and effort spent in this has been worth it.
What was there before worked, this just works better, a more human player feel to it.

As an aside, I've also ran v12 with Puller Tank mode, and not had cause for concern there either.

Can you explain more how to set as puller and tank at one toon pls?

is it /mac kissassist puller BobTank

No space after the char name "Bob"?

First get your other characters ready to fight! Have them target Bob and then each one would type /mac kissassist They will then run as assisting characters and kill whatever Bob pulls and calls attack on.

Then switch to Bob and target yourself and type:

/mac kissassist pullertank

That will make your current character (Bob) both the puller and the tank at the same time. Kissassist will assign Bob to be the MA if he's not already.

(Side note, in Bob's KissAssist_Bob.ini file, make sure you have the line ReturnToCamp=1 so that Bob will drag his mobs back to the point you started the macro. Otherwise he'll run out to a mob and stand there with no group support!)

Can you explain more how to set as puller and tank at one toon pls?

The easiest way to do it, IMO, is setting your role in the ini file under the [General] section with Role=PullerTank , then you just run (hotkey) '/mac kissassist Bob' on everyone else and Bob runs (hotkey) '/mac kissassist' because he already "knows" he is the puller/tank. You can even issue the commands via EQBCS2 from Bob with 1 or 2 hotkeys for:

Reasoning for 2 hotkeys over 1 is once you're higher level and fighting tougher mobs, you probably want your team to have a minute to buff before you start fighting, so 2 hotkeys gives more flexibility on when/how you start the macro. You can use the 1 hotkey and rely on a combination of additional hotkeys for /mqp on/off, /camphere 0/1 and the Follow Me or Come to Me buttons for moving the group. Once you get to that point, you will want to check out @Sic's hotkeys or your team will start to feel like a bump on a log.

Last edited:
My Hotkeys are a little different. I found out that sometimes characters are buffing and miss the command because of say a long spell buff time. So what I do is first have all characters pause, then target the MA/MT and then send the group command to /mac KissAssist assist. On the tank (if not set in the ini file for him ) i just use /mac KissAssist Tank or /mac Kissassist PullerTank. Depending on who I want to do what. I usually have a Ranger in group to do the pulling.

This can all be done on 1 Hotkey If you want. The main point I think is 1 setting the tank and main assist in the group window. then have group target the Tank/MA and assist and lastly have the MA/Tank run KA on himself.

@Hopeless You can run the KA12 macro with your KA11 files.

It is exactly what I did.

Since starting with KA12 a couple of weeks ago, I have been sticking with it.
I havent had a real need to go back to use KA11. (some investigations did a cross comparison, but day to day have stuck with KA12)

I've always had a hotkey:
Label: KA
Line 1 = /end
Line 2 = /tar Bob
Line 3 = /pause 2
Line 4 = /mac kissassist
Character's role is set to the default Assist role)

For others, such as my tank, he might be configured as Tank in the .ini, or I would /mac kissassist tank, or /mac kissassist pullertank - to set his role.

Targeting the person sets them as the one you are going to be assisting. No need to type it out every time.

Toast - KissAssist version 12 beta - pulling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back