• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Kissassist perma pet name problem (1 Viewer)

KamyKam

RedCents
280¢
So question. Is anyone else having issues using a pet as main assist with kissassist? I never had a problem with my mage friend's pet before. Now she has given it a perm. name my kissassist will not allow me to use it as my main assist. Any idea if this is new or just a bug I don't know how to fix?
Any help is appreciated.

that would explain a lot. I have a pet with custom name and kissaisst will not work on my cleric and does weird stuff on my mage and bard. first try /mac kissassist pet's name. if that doesn't work try /mac muleassist. If you have never used mule's version you will need to set up the ini. Conditions are not the same as kissassist, but i don't use them because i can never get them to work write. The pet tage does not work and ma tag will not apply to a pet. i will have to look at my notes for more info. some one might can give you a /mac kissassist (special command) to get it to work. You might even try using an x target . I would also turn off buffs. i'll look back at this later when i have more time.

that would explain a lot. I have a pet with custom name and kissaisst will not work on my cleric and does weird stuff on my mage and bard. first try /mac kissassist pet's name. if that doesn't work try /mac muleassist. If you have never used mule's version you will need to set up the ini. Conditions are not the same as kissassist, but i don't use them because i can never get them to work write. The pet tage does not work and ma tag will not apply to a pet. i will have to look at my notes for more info. some one might can give you a /mac kissassist (special command) to get it to work. You might even try using an x target . I would also turn off buffs. i'll look back at this later when i have more time.
Tried the Muleassist it didn't work either will try the other when servers are back up and mage friend is online. TY for the input. I will let you know how it goes.

usually they append a 001 or some shit to the end of the pets name do the /echo target thing above to fix your issue. happens all the time and when you switch zones or pets you have to do it again. this is because when you name a pet you can pack it and a 2nd pet comes out with same name but game needs a new id for it.....

So question. Is anyone else having issues using a pet as main assist with kissassist? I never had a problem with my mage friend's pet before. Now she has given it a perm. name my kissassist will not allow me to use it as my main assist. Any idea if this is new or just a bug I don't know how to fix?
Any help is appreciated.
Try targeting the pet, and right clicking Extended target window <Current Target> and /mac kissassist the player with the pet. Edit the Cleric's INI file to heal the extended targets: (The extended targets you want to heal seperated by the | bar)
INI:
XTarHeal=1
XTarHealList=3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13
HealGroupPetsOn=0

Now that I have zoned into a heroic mission the fix did not work for the pet. Ugh! Then the pet died and I was able to echo him again and his new name is 01. So i changed it in my /mac kissassist petname01 and it worked fine. So from outside the mission to zoning into the mission it messed up somewhere.

Last edited:
Now that I have zoned into a heroic mission the fix did not work for the pet. Ugh! Then the pet died and I was able to echo him again and his new name is 01. So i changed it in my /mac kissassist petname01 and it worked fine. So from outside the mission to zoning into the mission it messed up somewhere.
You need to be restarting ka when you get to the zone you're going to hunt in, not outside the instance.

I am having challenges with this myself.
I switched to pet tank mode, and I have a custom named pet.
These are the issues:

1, after pet dies, sometime mage does not summon new pet
2, sometime pet charges mob and fights out of range and rest of the team does not engage
3, sometime pet is inactive and "paper" tank tries to tank mob...

So it is really inconsistent...whereas with my main tank my team was fairly stable.

There are also times when puller simply cannot find mobs, keep searching for respand and mobs crawl around me...within distance...

1 & 3. Do you have PetSuspend=0 ? I think the suspend stuff can get buggy, so I've left it off on my guys. If that's not it, you may need to run /debug and see what the mage is trying to do.

2. PetAttackDistance=75 or less. I think the default it 115 and that can send the pet farther than toons meleedistance.

Puller stuck in "looking for mobs" loop. It's like all mobs got temp added to mobstoignore, this one is a KA bug that is hard to track down. I've only ever been able to fix it by restarting KA on the puller.

There is something buggy going on for sure. Yesterday I didn't have any problems, today I did. I'm wrangling with settings. Distance doesn't have anything to do with. I can be standing next to the pet and you still get that "I don't see anyone by that name..." message. I tried typing in the name, xtarg, etc. KA didn't see it today, so I had to assist the mage, which then means the pet doesnt get the benefits of tank buffs.

Question - Kissassist perma pet name problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back