• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Kicked from raid for using MQ... (1 Viewer)

Dulieguy

RedCents
135¢
I was recently raiding and was notified that they could tell I was using MQ. How the hell did they know? I completed all emotes, attacked all the mobs I should have, I wasn't running around all crazy sticking to mobs, I didn't have some outrageously good/bad DPS. What the actual fuck.

I was recently raiding and was notified that they could tell I was using MQ. How the hell did they know? I completed all emotes, attacked all the mobs I should have, I wasn't running around all crazy sticking to mobs, I didn't have some outrageously good/bad DPS. What the actual fuck.
"hey man you were using mq2 that's no good"
"omg, how'd you know?"
"you just confirmed it, #gottem"

likely accepting rezzes too fast (its something i've brought up and proposed a fix for) - clerics can smell this 100 miles away

or some other similar behavior

I really want to know how the hell they knew. I do have auto rez accept on but I see other people damn near auto accepting rezzes all the time when i play my healer. Anyone else have any idea?

The auto rez is a dead giveaway. I once had a bard accept rez three times in a row from a merc healer while pulling in a group. I was manually driving and had nothing at all running just hadn't unloaded MQ2. Really embarrassing. They were probably suspicious and started keeping an eye on you for a while before booting you from that particular raid

"hey man you were using mq2 that's no good"
"omg, how'd you know?"
"you just confirmed it, #gottem"

likely accepting rezzes too fast (its something i've brought up and proposed a fix for) - clerics can smell this 100 miles away

or some other similar behavior
I fixed this years ago in mq2rez, then someone rewrote it for RG and did not include those fixes...

How do they detect the auto rez though? Does the rezzer know when the rez is accepted or something?
Because you pop back up instantly. It takes a few seconds to manually click to accept the rezzes.

Was your character’s name .... Mack Issassist ?

Assuming your emote compliance was acceptable, other tells might include;

- casting encroaching darkness / call of challenge incessantly
- casting low value spells/abilities on mobs that cause or contribute to buff locking.
- popping HT on engage and snapping aggro from the MT
- you’re not taunting but ‘something’ is firing every single one of your threat generating tools
- you ask the group leader to remove MainTank from your group role coz you don’t want to taunt
- dropping all your ADPS in an unsynchronised or worse overwriting manner
- running your standard fire based spell weave on a fire immune mob
- popping out all your swarm pets (coz you don’t know what AA triggers them) when you’ve been explicitly told not to.
- your doppelgänger pet is taunting like a mofo
- you’re doing an OMM raid and your pets on your 3 toons are all called ‘Tigre’ coz they were summoned simultaneously
- the parse shows you cast Origin 27 times and coincidentally interrupted it 27 times
- you used frenzied resolve on Griklor outside the final burn, died a horrible death coz you couldn’t run to Bethun, and didnt know how to unstick yourself.
- you couldn’t fight at max melee range, and continually fought in the mob’s belly.
- someone sent you a random tell ‘buffme’ and you didn’t have silent paranoid mode enabled
- you accidentally targetted the chest, auto-attacked it, and Autoloot snaffled everything before you could turn it off

Last edited:
Was your character’s name .... Mack Issassist ?

Assuming your emote compliance was acceptable, other tells might include;

- casting encroaching darkness / call of challenge incessantly
- casting low value spells/abilities on mobs that cause or contribute to buff locking.
- popping HT on engage and snapping aggro from the MT
- you’re not taunting but ‘something’ is firing every single one of your threat generating tools
- you ask the group leader to remove MainTank from your group role coz you don’t want to taunt
- dropping all your ADPS in an unsynchronised or worse overwriting manner
- running your standard fire based spell weave on a fire immune mob
- popping out all your swarm pets (coz you don’t know what AA triggers them) when you’ve been explicitly told not to.
- your doppelgänger pet is taunting like a mofo
- you’re doing an OMM raid and your pets on your 3 toons are all called ‘Tigre’ coz they were summoned simultaneously
- the parse shows you cast Origin 27 times and coincidentally interrupted it 27 times
- you used frenzied resolve on Griklor outside the final burn, died a horrible death coz you couldn’t run to Bethun, and didnt know how to unstick yourself.
- you couldn’t fight at max melee range, and continually fought in the mob’s belly.
- someone sent you a random tell ‘buffme’ and you didn’t have silent paranoid mode enabled
- you accidentally targetted the chest, auto-attacked it, and Autoloot snaffled everything before you could turn it off

I've ALWAYS been so paranoid that I'd forget to turn autoloot off and snatch up the entire chest. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo paranoid.

I basically run a super dumbed down version of MQ2 on raids to make things like casting easier (my hotbutton checks if a spell is ready and if so, casts, and if not, it goes to the next one, etc.).

- using ritual scarification on a raid
- use battle leap almost every time it is ready
- calling out directions on mobs (nontracking class), even tracker need to be carefull about calling out the correct location all the time. keep in mind a tracker has only direction
- say xyz is up as a nontracking class
- begin running to mob location before direction is called out
- as a tracking class call out mob location immediately. (track takes a bit to show new mobs then you need to add human element to it)
- as a rezz class immediately rez any corpses in your vicinity
- complain about people not taking rezzes

It is easy to notice when someone is using mq on a raid there is behavior that is not close to a human's. If your guild frowns upon mq2 usage just unload it during raids.

How do they detect the auto rez though? Does the rezzer know when the rez is accepted or something?
well, you target the corpse to cast rez on it right? and the instant its done casting the guy takes the rez..your target changes immediately. i forget if its live toon or just no target cause i just dont pay that close attention when i rez ppl, but the one casting the rez can definitely see instant accepts on rezzes

- using ritual scarification on a raid
- use battle leap almost every time it is ready
- calling out directions on mobs (nontracking class), even tracker need to be carefull about calling out the correct location all the time. keep in mind a tracker has only direction
- say xyz is up as a nontracking class
- begin running to mob location before direction is called out
- as a tracking class call out mob location immediately. (track takes a bit to show new mobs then you need to add human element to it)
- as a rezz class immediately rez any corpses in your vicinity
- complain about people not taking rezzes

It is easy to notice when someone is using mq on a raid there is behavior that is not close to a human's. If your guild frowns upon mq2 usage just unload it during raids.
You know that thing...with the people...and you know who....fogggedabout it.

I would have just asked him...how do YOU KNOW i'm using mq2...lol...i mean if he's coming at your like that...you should be like sounds like YOU're a cheater...what gives you the right to call out another cheater.

Follow the Shaggy Rule: "Wasn't me" ~Shaggy

Battle leap all the time is a dead give away, insta rezzing and accepting is also a very big giveaway your macroing, sometimes I won't even hit the ground and I have a rez.....

Battle leap all the time is a dead give away, insta rezzing and accepting is also a very big giveaway your macroing, sometimes I won't even hit the ground and I have a rez.....
Yea...but that's kind of my point. He would only know if he also cheats...Can't quite come out and make it stick unless he knows and has experienced the behavior himself. Sort of the pot calling the kettle black kind of thing

If you're raiding on just a single character, you really should learn to play the class legit and not use the automation macros that you use in a group setting. I mean, your guild mates are busting their ass to play the game with the clunky AF default UI, I can imagine it would be v frustrating to learn that soandso is using MQ2 and that's why he parses/heals/etc. better, regardless of whether that can be attributed to MQ2 or not. I raid with a guild and, truthfully, I don't know their exact stance on MQ2 usage. I *know* for a fact (because there are obv tells when you know what to look for), that there are other MQ2 users in guild, but no one is out in the open about it. On actual raids though, the most that I do is to use /if and /multiline in socials. I see the mobs on mq2map, but I keep my damn mouth shut about it. I have mq2feedme on, but I always make sure to manually eat at the beginning of the night and that usually lasts the entire raid before feedme kicks in. mq2rez auto-accepting is probably the only real tell that I have so hopefully no one has noticed up till now.

On another note, I have, in the past, raided with other mq2 users, some of whom did not have the best control of their setup. It made them look bad. Even if the guild/raid doesn't care about mq2 being used, if you're doing the wrong thing at the wrong time, you're still wrong. Then people start joking "hey, look, it's the mq2 user that is autosticking to the wrong side of the mob" and then you look the dumbass who doesn't know how to play the class.

Last edited:
Yea...but that's kind of my point. He would only know if he also cheats...Can't quite come out and make it stick unless he knows and has experienced the behavior himself. Sort of the pot calling the kettle black kind of thing
You are dead ass wrong, the reason that I even became interested in MQ2 was because I saw some stuff that was impossible for a live human to do. When you see a berserker stick hard on the back of a mob at max melee and then instantly flip around to the same position instantly when the tank died and aggro changed it's pretty danged obvious.

You are dead ass wrong, the reason that I even became interested in MQ2 was because I saw some stuff that was impossible for a live human to do. When you see a berserker stick hard on the back of a mob at max melee and then instantly flip around to the same position instantly when the tank died and aggro changed it's pretty danged obvious.
lol...yea i can see that...but you have to join the dark side of the force to understand its power

You know that thing...with the people...and you know who....fogggedabout it.

I would have just asked him...how do YOU KNOW i'm using mq2...lol...i mean if he's coming at your like that...you should be like sounds like YOU're a cheater...what gives you the right to call out another cheater.

Follow the Shaggy Rule: "Wasn't me" ~Shaggy

I probably did something even worse. I didnt respond at all....

The dude literally sent me a tell saying he knew and then immediately kicked me as if it wasn't even up for debate. So he knew FOR SURE i was using MQ.

You probably are right. The dude probably uses it himself which is what makes it so upsetting.

If you're raiding on just a single character, you really should learn to play the class legit and not use the automation macros that you use in a group setting. I mean, your guild mates are busting their ass to play the game with the clunky AF default UI, I can imagine it would be v frustrating to learn that soandso is using MQ2 and that's why he parses/heals/etc. better, regardless of whether that can be attributed to MQ2 or not. I raid with a guild and, truthfully, I don't know their exact stance on MQ2 usage. I *know* for a fact (because there are obv tells when you know what to look for), that there are other MQ2 users in guild, but no one is out in the open about it. On actual raids though, the most that I do is to use /if and /multiline in socials. I see the mobs on mq2map, but I keep my damn mouth shut about it. I have mq2feedme on, but I always make sure to manually eat at the beginning of the night and that usually lasts the entire raid before feedme kicks in. mq2rez auto-accepting is probably the only real tell that I have so hopefully no one has noticed up till now.

On another note, I have, in the past, raided with other mq2 users, some of whom did not have the best control of their setup. It made them look bad. Even if the guild/raid doesn't care about mq2 being used, if you're doing the wrong thing at the wrong time, you're still wrong. Then people start joking "hey, look, it's the mq2 user that is autosticking to the wrong side of the mob" and then you look the dumbass who doesn't know how to play the class.

To be completely honest the toon i was playing was not my 2 mains that i play on raids with extremely limited MQ use during raids. I was playing an alt melee class that i knew very little about and i didnt want to look like an idiot only puting out like 200kdps which most likely is exactly what would have happened compared to the 520k i averaged over the entirety of the raid before they kicked me. It just upsets me because its not like i poorly performed or killed a bunch of people in the raid from failing raid motions/emotes. Dude must just really hate MQ i guess? :shrug:

Rez update merge request submitted to add /rez delay # command back.

Thoughts on taking two numbers (/rez delay # #) to add a little bit of variability? Either as a range (wait 25 to 35 deciseconds) or as a variance (wait 35 +/- up to 10 deciseconds). Assuming # is a tenth of a second.

To be completely honest the toon i was playing was not my 2 mains that i play on raids with extremely limited MQ use during raids. I was playing an alt melee class that i knew very little about and i didnt want to look like an idiot only puting out like 200kdps which most likely is exactly what would have happened compared to the 520k i averaged over the entirety of the raid before they kicked me. It just upsets me because its not like i poorly performed or killed a bunch of people in the raid from failing raid motions/emotes. Dude must just really hate MQ i guess? :shrug:
Yeah, that's a tough situation. It sounds like he either knew exactly what to look for, or like you said, has used it himself.

Meh their loss, VV & plug-ins are awesome. Let them fail
They are, but eh, I still think one should play the class manually if all you have to do is focus on a single character, assuming it's your main and not some random alt that you got voluntold to play. For my raid main, I can outplay the corresponding plugin by a fairly wide margin.

Question - Kicked from raid for using MQ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back