• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Just returned to EQ, looking for 5th class advice. (1 Viewer)

thomasmgp

RedCents
200¢
So I havent played since like 2019 and came back because I needed something to occupy my time while Im out of work related to surgery. Initially I started on Mischief and leveled a Shaman to 80 because I thought it was going to have Truebox removed. I guess I got that part confused with Oakwynd, which will have Truebox removed with TBS. Anyways decided to reroll to FV and fire up all my accounts. Currently my group is at level 30 and consists of a SK, Shaman, Bard, and a Berserker. I figured I might as well add a 5th box and then just use the final group slot for a healer merc. Im torn between Ranger or Beastlord because I feel like they bring the most to my current setup. I know I have room to just make a Ranger AND a Beastlord but for now I want to use that last spot for a cleric merc. Would just like some input on whether the Ranger or Beastlord would be better and pros/cons of each. I have pretty much zero experience with either of them.

Welcome back!

rogue / bst --- around lvl 100ish shamans start really doing well on their own for healing.

you *could* do rogue and bst, and use the bst for backup spot healing and should be good

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. On headshottable mobs the ranger will bring more personal dps but that limits you to mob type for that higher level dps output. Overall they both bring similar adps with a slight edge to the bst. Both can spot-heal or backup heal very similarly. Bst pet can be used as an emergency backup tank in the event that your tank goes down. Bst certainly adds more mana support, but with your group composition that wouldn't be much of a concern. Ranger will probably be oom constantly on longer grind sessions.

I personally would go bst, and as Sic pointed out, once you get where the Shm can handle healing consider adding in a rogue for that last spot for pure awesomeness dps.

So I havent played since like 2019 and came back because I needed something to occupy my time while Im out of work related to surgery. Initially I started on Mischief and leveled a Shaman to 80 because I thought it was going to have Truebox removed. I guess I got that part confused with Oakwynd, which will have Truebox removed with TBS. Anyways decided to reroll to FV and fire up all my accounts. Currently my group is at level 30 and consists of a SK, Shaman, Bard, and a Berserker. I figured I might as well add a 5th box and then just use the final group slot for a healer merc. Im torn between Ranger or Beastlord because I feel like they bring the most to my current setup. I know I have room to just make a Ranger AND a Beastlord but for now I want to use that last spot for a cleric merc. Would just like some input on whether the Ranger or Beastlord would be better and pros/cons of each. I have pretty much zero experience with either of them.
rogue, drop the shaman for bst, and cleric for the 6th

Get the high elf illusion and you can do this...all day

Roger Moore Fall GIF by James Bond 007

Discussion - Just returned to EQ, looking for 5th class advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back