• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Just returned... To AB (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,052¢
Gotta say - the returning to EQ guide was wonderful. So much information! Love it. Now onto specifics... As a returning player with a new account as, I think, I may have passed my old accounts to one of you in here... I now need to start again.

My questions are (if you guys can help)...

I have 3 friends on AB server who I will want to group with later on when my toon is all grown up. They play Mage or Shammy, enchanter and monk. I was thinking Ranger for dps/ solo ability when friends are offline (lb headshot). Any other suggestions plus why?

Secondly, I have intermediary skills on mq2 having bottled a group of four manually. I don't really want to do that again but I may focus on two. As someone who does not have a great amount of time (a couple of hours a few nights a week at the most), can I automate a single toon to level up (as early as possible) and what class would be best suited or should I choose ranger as assist with me controlling a tanking class?

Thanks in advance chaps! Good to be back!

Nice

Woot welcome back. So good to see you. Is you mom ok now?

You can easy bot 3 toons with Kissassist set up. you never have to look at the toons and can play just 1 manually if you want.

Leveling up casually you probably want 3 toons with a tank, cleric and a caster dps merc.

Just pic your 2 fav classes to play along with a chanter for slows,haste and mez.

Tons of people here now and you will probably get a lot more info in helping you get back into the game.

Great to see back.

Mums in remission so really, the last year has been limbo starting on her birthday and getting the remission news on her birthday this year. Thanks for asking mate! She can now continue with her life with six monthly check ups as to chemo sessions on a six weekly basis!

I'll redcent you later (if those still exist) for your kind words. They are really appreciated!

In regards to toons, chanter over shaman? I never did get to grips with either shaman or chanter but I remember boxing my shaman in the last group I had. Kind of convinced on ranger - perhaps bard?

In regards to toons, chanter over shaman? I never did get to grips with either shaman or chanter but I remember boxing my shaman in the last group I had. Kind of convinced on ranger - perhaps bard?

I have an shaman in my group (SK/MAG/SHM) and sometimes i wish i had taken an enc instead of an shaman. Mezzes are just an pretty big plus. What makes the shaman decent is the Talisman of the Tiger|Lion|Panther|whatever Line, with 3 pets + 1 SK it's a pretty good plus on DPS.

I use 1-2 cleric mercs, so beside buffing, slowing and a few dots my shaman dont do much - only a few heals here and there. And the heals are only needed if there are to much adds in the camp. This would be not needed with mezzes. At higher levels the mobs dish out alot dps. And since you will use the monk for tanking, OR the magepet 1 mob at the time will be better than 2..x mobs.

Beside this, the haste of the enc is better, and you got an xp aura.

So, if you have to choose between an enc and an shm, i would now take the enc (and i will switch maybe my shm to an enc, since i have an enc on the same account like the shm. I am just to "lazy" to do it right now, i wonder how good KISS is with mezzes and how "hard" this would be to setup.

My thoughts are, as long as I don't have to physically play the ench, relying on automation for the most part, I'll be ok. I will be grouped with friends once I get up to that level and will only be using one toon with them. Ranger for the moment. So, ranger, probably sk and ench...

Looking at it and the fact that the SK is a dime a dozen, I think I might try a different combo.

Pally, Ranger, Ench with 2x DPS caster Mercs and 1x Cleric Merc

Or

Pally, Ranger, Bard with same Mercs

Good setup?

no playable slow? what do you mean?

if you want to save money, you can /testcopy over to test and play gold status for free, along with free expansions... and you can create more accounts if your computer/s can handle it

Nice one mask... Was just reading over your old posts re ench = 0 DPS... And because I was going to be different with pally tanking (and their DPS lacking to an sk), I wanted to make up the numbers. Walking at the moment but will be setting up the group when I get in and the kids to bed... Would like a few more suggestions for three-boxing if possible please all!

Pally, zerker and ench...

Just keep in mind (And thats why i dont use an second melee currently). If you bot an melee i find it pretty obvious that he's botted (not boxed!).
An botted caster isnt just that obvious, because he just not move and only cast a few spells. The melee is constantly moving and since you "control" your tank AND an melee, people who watch you think you are either : grouping (real grouping) or boxing.

JUST IMHO!.

So i would more go : Pally, Wiz, Enc, or Pally, Dru, Enc. With the Druid or Wizard you have ports, snares, and with a druid a few offheals (less dps, more utility).

Good call tms... A ranger would also work cos range?

If you bow, and dont melee :)

Because of this thread i replaced now my 92/5000 shm with my 80/200 enc ;P Quite some dps loss, but well, lets see.. in a few weeks max the enc will be at 92/3000 and then ill see what fits me more - the enc or the shm in the group.

I box a rogue and with the right settings, they dont look that bad. I mean someone who knew what to look for would see they are boxed, but if you turn off facemob, and set your stick distance back its not that bad.

For the sk itself i dont use kiss, i use this mac (needs vip there). I am just to lazy to take the time to setup kiss for the sk i guess. I invested 30 minutes once but after trying to get deflection disc, leechcurse disc, leechtouch and so in into the mac i stopped. I know it's possible (could use shits, or setup the deflection disc as an heal which triggers <20%).

btw, didnt you said you would like to use an pally? :)

Thanks!

I can't remember who had them but can the person who bought my two AB accounts get in contact via PM as I would like for you to log in as a particular character and pass guild leadership to an alt of mine. Seems a waste of loyalty points plus there's a bunch of tradeskill items in GB. if you don't use the account with the Necro on it, I wouldn't mind having it back...

- - - Updated - - -

In addition, I just came across a leopard running around in Crescent reach called "Mrowl". It was sniffing PC and NPC pockets. I could send it a tell but it came up on no search (Who all Mrowl, Who all GM, etc) and it didn't reply to me.

I gave him some snake meat (because he was sniffing pockets) and I got a bottle of Froglok illusion in return. MQ was running but all macros were off...

Sneaky GM?

- - - Updated - - -

It casted Kei on me as well the little monkey!

Question - Just returned... To AB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back