• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Just curious... (1 Viewer)

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
Where did Not Addicted come from?

Who started it?

Why?

How long has it been around?

Why did we have rules making posts PRIVATE and now break those rules making most of our cheats/posts public without asking said posters before making their name public?(Most of those posts were made with the intention that they wouldn't open the poster to the public world and allow others to know they might be cheating. You've broken that barrier without taking into account the ramifications of your actions.)

What do Fry and Flowers of Happiness have to do with this site?

the internet.
Who started it?
Some friends and some admins of RG
Creative outlet
2 and a half years

Why did we have rules making posts PRIVATE and now break those rules making most of our cheats/posts public

"most"
Warcraft level 1: Threads 104 Posts 1,100
Warcraft level 2: Threads 12,403 Posts 117,322

Thread owners have the power to move their posts to the forum of their choice. Click "thread tools".

I agree it would be in good form for a moderator to let someone know when their post is being moved down a level, giving the person a chance to delete it or close it if they wish.

Nothing. If you mean me, Frybread, I have a lot to do with it. I'm a writer and owner of the site. You won't see me posting in any cheat sections however, because I obey the EULA like all good, moral people.

On the night of Launch, I stumbled upon notaddicted.com/forums beacuse the front page wouldn't load. I saw some crappy web design and strange picture-graphics, were these the old (NA) forums?

NotAddicted forums
Most users ever online was 3,833, 06-04-2006 at 03:05 PM.

RedGuide forums
Most users ever online was 1,792, 03-28-2006 at 05:41 PM.

Who started it?

Why?

Why did we have rules making posts PRIVATE and now break those rules making most of our cheats/posts public without asking said posters before making their name public?(Most of those posts were made with the intention that they wouldn't open the poster to the public world and allow others to know they might be cheating. You've broken that barrier without taking into account the ramifications of your actions.)

1.) It was a comical site made two an a half years ago that featured daily articles written about gaming in general.

2.) It was created, maintained, and even had a few articles written for by Frybread - who you all know as Redbot. The same person who created, and I assume maintained RedGuides as well.

3.) Two and a half years

4.) No idea about this one, since I have not been a part of Red Guides until the merger but I think Frybread gave a good explaination.

5.) Fry is the creator of Red Guides, Not Addicted, and the Flowers of Happiness site. Flowers of Happiness actually have nothing to do with this other than the fact that Frybread started it.

Other than the nerfed things, nothing in eq was in the public section. We do hope some people will put some things in there to stay, but otherwise everything from RG was set to level 2.

Just curious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back