• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Jumping Back In. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
210¢
Hi RG Community. Deciding to jump back into EQ and had a few questions.

I left the game during Omens of War. I am playing 6 now but hope to move to a full raid in the near future. Where should I jump back in? My initial thoughts were to jump in at the RoF expansion for the heroic AA and play RoF- current. Do I do all the content? is there stuff I can skip? Is this the right starting point? Looking for some direction on how I can gear / level / adorn up the fastest to play the current game. I went back and did all of my main groups epic 2.0 (is this a waste of time?)

Also, for computers, I use ISBoxer. I have the auto login profiles etc working. I was wondering how many instances of the game I should be able to get out of my main computer before I have to tap into computer #2.

Computer:

2 Sockets of Xeon Gold 6248R (24 Core 3GHz Base 4Ghz Max [48 Cores / 96 Threads Total])
256 GB RAM
2x NVIDIA RTX A500
4x 1TB SSD (Was planning on Tanks being on 1 SSD, Healers on another, OS on one and the rest on the 4th)

Thank you

V

You'll get a bunch of different answers from different people about what expansion to jump back into, but here's my take:
  1. Unless you just like low-level play, there's not much benefit to playing 1-85. You'll be replacing all of your gear every few levels and the few things worth keeping can still be gotten at higher levels.
  2. The game starts to change significantly around 85-ish. Many classes start to get new abilities that help define their roles 85-120. Clerics still heal, and warriors still tank, etc., but how they do that starts to change a bit. If you're coming back from Omens era to "modern" EQ, you'll need to do a bit of reading on how classes work (this will be the case whether you level up or buy heroics). For returning players, I think starting around 85 is a nice sweet spot.
  3. Gear is really, really important. In general, you should expect your tank (at the very least) to need the current expansion's gear before tackling the next expansion. So expect to go in a linear progression from whatever expansion you start with (depending on funds and availability of gear on your server, you might be able to buy your way into a new expansion).
  4. Some Epic 2.0's are amazing, and some are useless. EQ Progression has a good chart of this. But, if you like questing (I do), it can't be a waste of time.
  5. There are two popular routes people go for gear sub-100, TBM and CoTF. Having done both, I strongly prefer the TBM route. The currency is tradable, and the gear is better, which makes it much easier to get your important classes in the best gear by cannibalizing your less important classes. The currency can be bought from the bazaar, and you can grind for it by running TBM missions (starting at level 75). Some people like CoTF instead, I guess.
So if it were me, I would buy level 85 heroic toons or just PL a team to 85. At that point, I would start running TBM missions to get my tank, cleric, and CC geared up. I would put DPS classes in the best they can get. I'd get all of the 2.0's that I needed around 85-90 and flirt with other expansions whenever I get bored of TBM stuff. At 105, I'm ready to move on to the next expansions (either EoK or RoS, depending on the team/gear) and work my way up.

The caveat is that I don't know how the 100-level heroic characters will fit into this when they go live.

Just my thoughts. Others feel very differently.

Hi and welcome back!
Hey You Hello GIF by Regal
GIF by Fox TV

So 2 months later I can say I am really enjoying myself. This Lua thing is freaking awesome! Created my 1st one and loving the power of combinging plugins and Lua's with Macros. MQ2Grind and MQ2Overseer are sexy AF as well. Comunity is even better than when I left.

LUA.jpgLUA2.jpg

So 2 months later I can say I am really enjoying myself. This Lua thing is freaking awesome! Created my 1st one and loving the power of combinging plugins and Lua's with Macros. MQ2Grind and MQ2Overseer are sexy AF as well. Comunity is even better than when I left.

View attachment 43218View attachment 43219
Hello WenzelJD,
Happy that you had a good time. You defo came back on a time frame where RG MQ have had a lot of improvements, it's wonderful now compared to 16 months ago :=)

Question - Jumping Back In.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back