• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Jokerx (1 Viewer)

masfirme2

RedCents
95¢
In KV instanced mission of TOL expansion, on the map, there is a name "Jokerx" that looks like a PC name would on a map, but when you right click it, it causes a crash. Anyone else seeing this ? Screenshot 2023-12-31 013550.png

Solution
its a bug. sometimes spawns don't get removed from the game properly and the map sees them in the game still, triggering a crash if you try to do something with them.

thats just some dude named jokerx which was in the zone at some point.
its a cached PC marker (im assuming), indireclty related to the crashes while zoning 2 weeks ago.

side note, ive seen several of these going all the way back to tov (2 are *me*). never clicked on them to see what happens though

Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's meant to tempt you into clicking on it so that it causes a crash with dbg hopeful they receive the crash so they know who is using maps! #conspiracy

its a bug. sometimes spawns don't get removed from the game properly and the map sees them in the game still, triggering a crash if you try to do something with them.

thats just some dude named jokerx which was in the zone at some point.

Solution
Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's meant to tempt you into clicking on it so that it causes a crash with dbg hopeful they receive the crash so they know who is using maps! #conspiracy
Is that even possible ? The first thing this reminded me of are those little phrases people use to put in map files years ago that said things like,"showeq is for losers. Except this doesn't really look intentional. I mean, you gotta be somewhat skeptical about Joker being the word, and then clicking it crashes you. Someone else in the guild said they had one last week that crashed them, completely random word.

Question - Jokerx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back