• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - John Wick 4 - Spoiler in Thread - Discuss (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,318¢
Anyone here John Wick fans? I certainly enjoy the movies. But I am a little disappointed in how they ended the last film. I haven't seen it yet myself, but I read a lot of news articles, and invariably I ran across information on how the movie ended because there is a lot of energy behind it right now.

Apparently Wick dies at the end of the film. I know that Chad Stahelski stated in some interview somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd movie that there is no way Wick was going to survive the whole ordeal. But still....I was really hoping he got to live the rest of his life in peace somehow after all that he went through to achieve just that.

I also know that the original John Wick was originally supposed to be a stand alone film. It just happened to build momentum to a franchise after.

Thoughts?

he did not want to live with out his wife and the dog she got him...all he wanted to was to end the dicks that killed the dog!
I can see that. But also, there is a tone to every movie which suggested that he kept wanting to live in peace afterward. Something kept pulling him back in. And he even asked the high table for a chance to earn his life back. That is what makes me think he wanted to live in peace rather than accept death.

And besides that, he got a new dog in like the second movie, didn't he? He's still gotta look after that pooch! Can't be going and dying and leaving "dog" behind!

Apparently theres going to be a prequel-ish with Ana DeArmas playing an assassin, a lot of same characters will be in the new movie, I assume thats the franchise they were talking about previously

went with my kids to see it yesterday and it was amazing. perfect ending to a perfect story. if he lived at the end it would have made the whole franchise awful ... he had a deathwish from the first movie

I think this last movie was probably the best one for me. I predicably like how much he has trained in Jujutsu as to not look corny in these movies. Those throws and rolls were spot on and made all of the movies even more exciting for me. I'm also pro gun so, all around great film and very entertaining.

I hope no one ever reboots this series/franchise

-Taz

@Doc James i feel like since the beginning Mr. Wick has had a small sense of wanting to die after all hes been through and finally being free only to deal with the irony of losing the whole reason he wanted freedom. and each movie that sense only got stronger. by 4 i feel as though he had zero fucks to give about a lot of things. not to many movies nowadays leave you with a solid ending like that. by far the best action series ive seen in a very long time. now im looking forward to seeing the next constantine movie.

and i agree with @taz6two rebooting this would ruin the first 4 movies for me

@Doc James i feel like since the beginning Mr. Wick has had a small sense of wanting to die after all hes been through and finally being free only to deal with the irony of losing the whole reason he wanted freedom. and each movie that sense only got stronger. by 4 i feel as though he had zero fucks to give about a lot of things. not to many movies nowadays leave you with a solid ending like that. by far the best action series ive seen in a very long time. now im looking forward to seeing the next constantine movie.

and i agree with @taz6two rebooting this would ruin the first 4 movies for me

I will be out there picketing if they ever try and reboot these movies. No way I can ever unsee Mr. Reeves in these movies as this character. I may be down to watch a sequel series involving a grown child of his or maybe a family member. Just never with another John Wick. And it would have to be done in the same style and feeling as these movies.

I kind of want a MMORPG surrounding this universe. Only if done right of course. :shrug:

After watching it, I think it had the best storyline and action by far out of all 4, and that's saying something.

You always want it to go on, but the ending did the series justice.

What was actually really meaningful was Lance Reddick in the movie with what just happened in real life.

I loved this one too. Probably the best - and I also dont think he is actually dead.
Sure you see his Gravestone - but thats a pretty easy plot device to overcome.

If you want another Movie with similar vibe - Watch: NOBODY Written by the same guy who wrote John Wick.

On another Front - Also watched DND Honor among Thieves and was pleasantly surprised. Was the first DND movie that hasnt made me throw up. Was good fun

I loved this one too. Probably the best - and I also dont think he is actually dead.
Sure you see his Gravestone - but thats a pretty easy plot device to overcome.

If you want another Movie with similar vibe - Watch: NOBODY Written by the same guy who wrote John Wick.

On another Front - Also watched DND Honor among Thieves and was pleasantly surprised. Was the first DND movie that hasnt made me throw up. Was good fun
Yeah I watched Nobody. Was really good. Theory that this is actually set in the same universe as John Wick.

Haven't seen the DND movie. Might have to check it out.

So I read another article where Chad Stahelski basically said that it's up to Lionsgate if it continues. That Mr Reeves and himself will still participate if Lionsgate wants them too. That is why they ended it in the fashion they did. To give a way for it to continue on. And if not, it's wrapped up as it is. I'll be watching the box office numbers. lol :D

Discussion - John Wick 4 - Spoiler in Thread - Discuss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back