• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - Jan 5 2021 - EQ Patch - MQ Out of Date (1 Viewer)

Hail!

Need some help. Not sure where to post this issue, but forgive me if it's in the wrong place. I just subbed to Level 2. I followed the Video Installation Instructions. After Launching the Desktop RedGuides Launcher and click Very Vanilla Under Live, I can't Install MQ2. I see a red "Patch Day - Unavailable".

How do I fix this?

Things I've tried
- Uninstalling and reinstalling
- Deleting Resource folder
- Compatibility Mode
- Running as Admin
- Creating an exception through Kaspersky Firewall
- Disabling the firewall

Nothing I've done so far has worked.

1641435250858.png

yes,

because they patched eq and old legacy mq2 isn't updated. which is why it says "patch day unavailable"

doing any of those things you mentioned doesn't do anything for the that, unfortunately.

MacroQuest "Next" is already patched and available.

Please >>> Upgrade to MacroQuest Next <<<

So, I took the advice and moved to next. However, I am having issues updating the launcher. The updater runs for quite a time and then I get an error message "End of central directory record could not be found. Please report this to management". After that, I cannot get it to load at all. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sorry if this isn't the place to put this, I am unfamiliar with the set up here.

Last edited:
So, I took the advice and moved to next. However, I am having issues updating the launcher. The updater runs for quite a time and then I get an error message "End of central directory record could not be found. Please report this to management". After that, I cannot get it to load at all. Has anyone else had this issue?
this usually means something like slow internet, or antivirus is holding files hostage.

try restarting your computer

ensuring that your antivirus isn't holding your mq or eq files hostage

run launcher

profit

Hello everyone and thanks for keeping this forum/software alive.

I just subscribed this week and my second day launching everything I see this error two days in a row. I believe I have updated everything correctly and that my eq client is functional.

I've searched this error and read about issues back in 2017? regarding the game patch being ahead of the MQ2 however that doesn't seem to be an issue anyone else is experiencing currently. Am I doing something basic wrong? I apologize for any ignorance, I have read some recent threads but there is so much jargon and abbreviation that's above me I am slightly lost.

Anyways - Thanks in advance

Cheers - Mike

Attachments

• MQ2.png
    MQ2.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 3
Hello everyone and thanks for keeping this forum/software alive.

I just subscribed this week and my second day launching everything I see this error two days in a row. I believe I have updated everything correctly and that my eq client is functional.

I've searched this error and read about issues back in 2017? regarding the game patch being ahead of the MQ2 however that doesn't seem to be an issue anyone else is experiencing currently. Am I doing something basic wrong? I apologize for any ignorance, I have read some recent threads but there is so much jargon and abbreviation that's above me I am slightly lost.

Anyways - Thanks in advance

Cheers - Mike
yup.

eq patched. which requires mq2 to be rebuilt. it tells you in the box you shared.

macroquest "Next" is already rebuilt.

you should upgrade.

OUT of DATE

I'm still showing "Patch Day Update Unavailable" going into second day. DBG never stated a patch was coming nor were the servers brought down. Maybe a HOT PATCH caused this error. Hoping our great team of developers gets us up and running soon. EQ is useless without MQ2 Redguides running :) There is no going back!

Last night, mq2 stopped working. It seemed to have unloaded itself and I couldn't reload it. I logged out of EQ, relaunched MQ2, logged back in to EQ, and got an error that the time in MQ2 didn't match the time in EQ and maybe I should patch them. I went into RG and tried to update it, but the button said it was patch day and I couldn't push it. I did a quick online search and found out I should upgrade to MQNext. I changed my RG window to that, and then completely failed to follow instructions. I got click happy and let MQNext install next to MQ2 (I think, anyway) and now I'm getting the time error still. Any idea how to fix this? Do I need to completely uninstall and start over?

Last night, mq2 stopped working. It seemed to have unloaded itself and I couldn't reload it. I logged out of EQ, relaunched MQ2, logged back in to EQ, and got an error that the time in MQ2 didn't match the time in EQ and maybe I should patch them. I went into RG and tried to update it, but the button said it was patch day and I couldn't push it. I did a quick online search and found out I should upgrade to MQNext. I changed my RG window to that, and then completely failed to follow instructions. I got click happy and let MQNext install next to MQ2 (I think, anyway) and now I'm getting the time error still. Any idea how to fix this? Do I need to completely uninstall and start over?
there was a patch. you need to update. 1641494029393.png

but mostlikely since you installed next over mq2, you will need to reinstall mq2. (LIVE = MQ2)

I've done that 3 times this morning and still get the error.

Eq patched yesterday, when that happens macroquest has to be rebuilt. So make sure that both mq and eq are updated.so their versions match.

In this case, mq next was already back and running yesterday

Very soon the legacy mq2 will go away, and everyone will be running next.considering the uptime, stability,functions and features, there is not really a good reason to put it off.

EQ is updated, and in RG I've selected MQNext and hit update 3 times. It assures me it is updated, but the problem persists. Am I misunderstanding how to update?
MQ isn't going to run in your MQ2 directory, create a new folder and install MQ to that folder. But post the error you're getting?

MQ vs MQ2 .... where MQ is newer and better supported here than than MQ2 ... is going to continue to confuse people.

Patch - Jan 5 2021 - EQ Patch - MQ Out of Date

Users who are viewing this thread

Back