• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

It's been awesome!!! (1 Viewer)

Creed

RedCents
Today is a sad and yet happy day at the same time for me. I’m gonna explain a few things to you all, and then tell you something.

Yesterday I almost lost a wife. Along with almost losing her I would have lost a daughter too. I know many of us say WoW is the best thing ever…but it isn’t. I was faced with a decision to make last night, WoW or my family. You guys can probably figure out what I chose.

I play World of Warcraft literally over 40 hours a week. I am addicted to the game. I have tried to not play as much and spend time with my family…and yes this may sound ridiculous…but I can’t do that. I have learned that in order for me to truly be the husband and father that I need to be, I need to forget about WoW. Not all of you may understand this…but I’m sure some of you will.

I won’t be playing WoW anymore, or doing anything that involves WoW. Sadly this includes redguides. It was an awesome experience being a part of this community and I truly am going to miss it. Farewell everyone, and have fun with your futures…wherever they may lead.

I will be staying around long enough to get a few loose ends tied up..and sell my accounts...(pm me if you wanna talk) but after all that is done I will be done with all things WoW. I value my wife and family much much more than WoW...and up until now I have been blind to what was happening around me.

EDIT

The Creed Meister said:
Sadly this includes redguides.
A little has changed...i will be staying at redguides now...for those of you who were gonna miss me.../clap NOW!!! (i'm staying here cuz the wifey understands i gotta have a little bit for me...you know) but i will only be on at work...not at home when i can be spending time with the family.

and by the way...Willy...my wife said she knows about what you were doing [edited so as to not offend those little children that roam here sometimes:D]...and says it's ok as long as she doesn't have to see...so no worries...you can still be my 'favorite'

Last edited:
Good on you dude, life is more important than software in any format.
If a game begins to stop you living your life as you want to and gets in the way of family then the game needs to go.

Sir, I applaud you!

*bows*

It's been educational reading your posts and opinions and your knowledge will be missed but I think it's the right thing to do.

Live, Love and Laugh.

The three most important things in life should be shared with the most important people in your life.

Peace

you are awesome too Creed ... you have made the right decision and you will be the richer for it !

All the best.

Well good luck in your real life Creed! Those damn womans, always taking away our lifes ;) Just kidding, good luck :)

Yeah, my wife b*tches when I play too much WoW too. :D

Let me tell you a little story...

There was a 50 year old woman and she played EQ. She loved EQ so much she....

Played 80 hours a week.
Neglected her family.
Lost her job.
Had CompuServe (3 Year contract) AOL, and SBC DSL...all at the same time. She was too busy playing EQ to cancel the Dial-Up accounts.
...didn't pay her water bill and had a hose running from the neighbor's yard into her bathroom so she could flush the toilet.
...let her kids run wild, to their detriment.
...borrowed money from friends and family to pay her bills, even though she had her nursing license and her husband had a good-paying job as a foreman at a winery.
...let her house deteriorate to the point that some parts would be deemed unsafe and uninhabitable by people living in 3rd world countries.
...had more psychiatric meds in her purse than Arkham Asylum.
...basically forced her husband to work until he was 68(?) and complained he didn't pay the bills or do the housework...he had a bum leg.
...stole her brother's credit card number and started an EQ account with it after he discovered all this and cancelled her account (she was using his card in the first place and supposed to pay him every month...she was several months behind)
...found a 34yo boyfriend in EQ who lived in the next town and he was a Welfare recipient who made his living selling EQ accounts on Ebay.

A week before Christmas, she left her husband and 3 kids to move in with the boyfriend. She blamed all her woes on the husband (nice guy, but he needs to grow some testes to replace the raisins he was given...).

This woman was my sister.

Creed, you know what you have to do. I wish you well man. Good luck.

thank you skep...that is very enlightening (;))...

I feel like that is actually what was starting to happen to me...and i just can't let that happen :)...that's for all the support guys.

At the very least, try to keep your water bill paid.

Ever see Trainspotting?

Remember the "worst toilet in Scotland"?

My sister had the "worst toilet in California". I swear I'd rather have stepped over the bums in the nearby park and hovered over the public toilet.

Might I suggest miniature painting as a fun, worthwhile hobby that won't f*** up your marriage...

Seriously!

i won't be f'ing up my marriage...believe you me...

and i have been paying the bills :D...

and i think i might take up making puzzles...the big 3d ones :)

yeah i have been in the same boat... it saddens me that you must leave...

/violin Creed

:D

But life must go on... better yet we all have lives to live... good luck.

i used to just give my wallet to the mrs and say ill see you tomorrow and play all weekend :eek:

heya Creed, never got the change to know you or something,
just wanna wish you GL in real life and nice to see your man enough to see ur problems and step up to them . very nice.

Have a good one m8
take it easy

You've been awesome here Creed! You have done a great job for all of us! But, believe me, you are making the right decision. Don't let ANYTHING stand in the way of helping your daughter grow up! I let work get in the way when my son was growing up, and I missed out on ALOT! I wholeheartedly regret that now!

Peace Bro, and you and your family have a great life together!!

.... Creed.... words can not express how much respect I have for you as a mentor, a man, a husband and most of all a friend. I am so glad to have met you and happy that we were able to communicate well in that time period. I have learned alot from you and have had many good times. I suppose you could kind of say Creed is what made me look forward to coming to work... along with the rest of you here. Let this be an example that shows what kind of place redguides is. Any place where people can be as disappointed as I feel now by the leaving of someone must make it comparable to a family. Creed sees what is important in life, and i am proud he is able to do that. I hate to say it but WOW is the biggest waste of my life ever.... every time i hit /played it makes me sick to my stomach to see the amount of DAYS i have poured into something that has brought me nothing. It took something like creed's experience to make me realize i need to moderate my "habits." This is hard for me as just yesterday i actually "talked" to creed for real... which is a big step as usually we are all accustomed to text messenging. I was planning on continuing and better getting to know him but that i see is not possible which saddens me yet i understand. I hope we can all realize something from this as I have learned enough in my experiences to last me a while. Here's to Creed... I thank you, as does your familiy for being a man and doing what is right. I truly will miss you creed... best of luck to you in all your adventures. May God bless you and may your life take a turn for the better, as this is a new chapter in life that you have to look forward to read.

OK Creed...

A lot of people have said a lot of things in response to your post and your decision, so I'll keep this short (that's tough for me - I like words):

Much love, much respect, and much hope for a great future for you and your family. It takes a lot of guts to face up to something that's wrong in a person's life, especially when it impacts others. It takes even more guts and a lot of humility to be honest to your 'friends' (read: us) about what's happening and to care enough about them to give them a heads-up to keep a check on their own addictions.

Peace, dude, and know that even though you won't be communicating with us, we'll be supporting you.

- Z

Creed, my hats off to you, you made the right choice. Ive been down a sim road, and had to curve my gaming habits when i played eq..... make a choice, between my family freinds or a game... i chose family and freinds ... real life holds the adventure we all seek, though we enjoy a reprive from daily dispaointments and sorrows etc hence where these games come into play... but we get carried away with em, and lose focus with whats important.... im glad you have refocused your life, and i wish you very best mate.

Creed...

I wish you luck with getting back to life. Sometimes this escape becomes overwhelming and comsumes you. I am going on a much needed vacation from work and game next week. Its going to be nice to rip myself away and experience life again. I am lucky my wife is gaming in the same room as me when I play. She whines a little and maybe I should take a lesson from what you have learned before I have to give things up completely. Moderation is a must and I know I am playing too much as well. Thanks for waking me up as well... Go see a baseball game in September with the family and enjoy the crisp fall air my friend.

Also don't be afraid to swing through to say hi and let us know that life's good. Remember we are more then fellow Exploiters... We are also you "virtual" freinds

WHODATDOOD!!! HUH WHO DAT!

Yea I know the feeling.. So like the wonderful hubby I am I got my wife hooked on wow. :)
really though Good Luck with that.

lol...i wish...i copied that one from someone elses listing (the first one i did without it and they deleted it...so if you wanna sell on EBAY...makes sure you use the one i have on mine...it seems to be the only one that works for getting around the EULA)

F*** Off This Forum Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: ADDED BY CREED---
RED...please ban this persons IP :D

Last edited by a moderator:
/salute....

RL > ALL

Right way to go mate.. Will miss ya though =)

Ohh and Devas you dont have to be here.. NOW MOVE ALONG!!!!!

/salute
/applaud

well i confess i don't really understand or readthe same way asmost ppl here (srry i'm only 15) but anyways good luck in the real life creed and enjoy it with your familly.

/salute

In deference to Creed I spent a WoW Free Weekend with my boys, (ages 16,10 & 7).

We went to my brother's ranch in Pennsylvania and rode around on horses shooting at things with guns...kinda just like what we do in WoW.

But Real Life > Virtual Life

Peace, and I hope you had a great weekend too!

I almost didn't make it through reading the posts congratulating Creed. It is really hot in here, my eyeballs are sweating something fierce.

Creed, there are no words to express my admiration for you.
I would give the whole world to be able to make the decision you made.

May God bless the Creed family!!

of all the poster here on redguides i lookforward to yours the most. you are always intelegent with just enough sarcasm and humor to make it in hollywood. you'll be missed.

Hey, your auction is down off of Ebay! I was waiting til it was on short (I never bid on long, very long). Update us, did someone hit the Buyout? Did you pull it down? Did Ebay pull it down? I was thinking of banking your account for future use by myself (that way if you wanted you could come visit your little gnome when you needed a fix).

Whats up?

Good luck in your life Creed and ...*snivvle* we...will miss you...forever... :( :(

*may the force be with you, and train your young padwan in the ways of the dark side* *kooosh,Koooh* :p

your posts rocked and im sure everybody will miss your opinions and humour lol

''U83R G4M3R''

!!ALL HAIL CREED!!

/em bows to Creed then eats his own hat.

:cool:

for everyone to know...yes ebay did pull my listing...and i am currently talking with my lawyer about it (:D)...but i have an offer right now for $320 bucks from IGE...so if you can beat that before they pay me and change the passwords...you can get it...:D

Take the money and run. I ran an auctioneer scan on your account and $150 was a steal...$320 is towards the upper end...but if you sold to me at $150 I'd let you come visit your prized little gnome...

I dont know you very well but you helped me alot in the short time you where. I'm sure if I had known you better and longer I would have wrote something sentimental like every one else I am just happy I talked myself out of going against the grain and telling you to let your family go. yea it would given everyone a good laugh just before they blocked my IP but we all know you are doing the right thing. I have the same problem I am fighting with. I work a full time job with 2 hour travel time so I am away from home alot and when I get home I like to cool down and plug in to WoW for afew hours. My wife wants me to watch tv with her and talk but I work in sales so I talk all day and I dont have much to say. I still do stuff around the house and help with the dishes but we go out on the weekends and have are one on one time so it works out good enough for now.

Best wishes mate.

GG Creed. How did you come to this though? I'd like to know cause I'm in the same situation. I can't get lose the addiction like you have. Wow seems so much more interesting than RL in so many ways.

warcraftguy...i got to it real quick like...my wife said..."Daniel...yesterday when you were on your microphone talking to that guy...i actually despised you."...when the word despise came out of my wife...i can't explain the feeling i got...but it was horrible. I too felt that WoW was the best thing, and so mucha release from the real-world. I thought that so much that I became 'part' of wow....i enjoyed wow more than life. Now that I haven't played wow in 10 days...i realize how much i was really missing. I took my wife to dinner last night for the first time in over 3 months. I went to a junior-baseball game with my brother and i had a cook-out with some long forgotten friends...i can truly say life is excellent now.

I miss WoW but i can truthfully say now with what I have experianced the past few days, i won't touch the game ever again!!!!

With that said...i wanna tell you all that I actually value you guys as true friends, it's hard to believe the way i felt saying i was gonna leave redguides...

So...since i'm at work every day...i can't really stay away from this site. I spoke with my wife and she said whatever i do at work is up to me as long as i don't bring it home...so from now on...i will be on redguides...not as much as before...but i will be here just about as much :D...and when i forget about all things wow...i will still be here to be a 'sarcastic-old-dog-mentor' kinda thing for everyone :D...if you all want me to be that is....

BTW red....this thread has five stars...that's an honorable mention right??? :D

hmm...is five star good or bad in this situation though???lol

Creed,

Once again, I honor you.

Please, in future posts, keep us informed regarding the reunification of your family. Reading about your ballgame and cookout is as good for our souls as is reading about the latest trick which will allow RedGuiders to slide sideways through the Blizzard system. In fact, it may be better in the long run. It reminds us that there is life outside of Azeroth.

Give your wife the anniversary gift of her life for allowing you to rescue the relationship. Treat her like the queen she is. I am very jealous.

It's been awesome!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back