• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - its been about 4 years. i need help pls :( (1 Viewer)

dekar56

RedCents
180¢
ok so i decided to resub for a year and get back into kissassist, but i have no clue what to download/install and when i download the kissassist.mac what do i do with it again because i dont know what program to open it with, is it notepad? my brain is completely wiped of how i used to use this all the time years ago

Solution
ok so i decided to resub for a year and get back into kissassist, but i have no clue what to download/install and when i download the kissassist.mac what do i do with it again because i dont know what program to open it with, is it notepad? my brain is completely wiped of how i used to use this all the time years ago
Welcome back dekar! We're glad to see you back around

you can use any text editor to edit your .ini files

was that your specific question?

most folks these days would recommend vscode, but you can also use notepad++, or even just generic notepad --- vscode offers some built-in stuff to make things visibly easier

You want Visual Studio Code (not to be confused with Visual Studio - the IDE) here...
Welcome back dekar! We're glad to see you back around

you can use any text editor to edit your .ini files

was that your specific question?

most folks these days would recommend vscode, but you can also use notepad++, or even just generic notepad --- vscode offers some built-in stuff to make things visibly easier

You want Visual Studio Code (not to be confused with Visual Studio - the IDE) here is the download linkie: https://code.visualstudio.com/
some recommended extensions include:
Rainbow brackets
indent-rainbow
vscodemq2
emmylua

4 years is a pretty significant amount of time and there are a ton of functions and features that are available now that were not available then

> New RG Vids < Check out the new RG vids - even if some of it feels like a repeat, check them out, one of them specifically is about kiss

Kiss also has a nice and awesome wiki >>> Kiss Wiki <<<

then
check out the mq2 -> MQ functions and features vid, which talks about some of the newer differences in the old legacy mq2 and the new awesome MQ

There are a couple of small, yet important changes with MacroQuest vs the old MQ2 as explained > HERE <

Moving to MacroQuest mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases
6. your ini configuration files (like for kissassist) now reside in your "Config" folder and not your "Macro" folder

Your question almost reads like you're just trying to download the .mac file without actually using macroquest.

kissassist is a macro (hence the .mac file extension) - these "macros" run inside of macroquest - so you have to have macroquest running for a macro to be able to run

Solution
i am trying to use kissassist, but when i downloaded and ran mq2 from off this site for live servers, nothing works, no window even shows up in game, how do i make it work on the server?

how do i download/run/install/use kissassist, when i clicked the download button for kissassist it gave me a .mac file
dekar,

I feel like maybe you just skipped past the writeup i made tailored just for you :(

click the rg beginner link i shared. those 5 videos take you step by step. You don't need to manually download kiss at all.

Also - keep in mind, MQ isn't supported and does not work on Truebox servers.

but once mq is working you just target your MA and /mac kissassist assist and now you are running kissassist, using the information in your ini, to assist the toon you were targeting.

Welcome back!

welcome back GIF

Question - its been about 4 years. i need help pls :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back