• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - item equipped check before casting macro (1 Viewer)

RedCents
55¢
i am trying to make a macro that will MQ2bandolier a cloak on, cast a spell, then bandolier back on a different cloak after casting. I had it set to do a /delay 8 to give the macro time to put the cloak on, cast and take it off. what i am trying to do is make a delay that waits until the cloak is on before casting. in case there is lag or something. here is what i have tried but its not working. anyone know what i need to change this to?

INI:
#warning
#turbo 140

Sub Main
/delay 5s ${Me.SpellReady[1]}
/equipset nofocus
/delay 5s ${Me.Inventory[8].Item.Equipped[Fishweave Cloak]}
/if (${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Me.SpellReady[11]} && !${Target.MyBuff[${Me.Gem[11].Name}].ID}) /cast 11
/delay 5s ${Me.SpellReady[1]}
/equipset focus
/delay 8

I don't have the means to test this right now... but something like this looks like a good start:

/while (!${Me.Inventory[8].Name.Equal[Fishweave Cloak]}) {
/echo Waiting for cloak swap
/delay 1s
}
Looks promising! its the Name.Equal that might be just the ticket =) ill give it a go

Edit: Yup! that did it. tested with cloak in inventory and cloak in bank. when in bank, does not move to next line in code which is perfect! thank you so much! 2 days messing with this lol

There is also a /if command that may be of interest too.

and this may also come in handy: https://docs.macroquest.org/macros/operators/

I think ~ means "not" when comparing strings. ! means "not" when comparing numbers. in MQ Macro. (I am not a professional coder, just a hobbyist).

! means not in both cases. ~ is for Lua.
But if you're interested in knowing how macros are done you can check out the link to the conditions tutorial I did some time ago.

Problem - item equipped check before casting macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back