• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Issues with tank running to mobs I pull..... (1 Viewer)

Silence

RedCents
15¢
So first of all this is my first post, been using this stuff off and on a while but just now gettting into it alot more. So Im having a issue where im using a Warrior, Monk, Bard and Shaman as a my group. I run the monk manually to pull/dps with I have the Shaman set up as a healer the Bard as dps and the Warrior as Tank, Now my issue is no matter what ive tried I cannot get my tank to stop running out into the zone to get mobs off my monk, Sometimes its only a few yardsm other times he tries to randomly run half way across the zone to get mobs. I have tried setting campradius down and even tured chase off on all my guys but nothing is working lol.Im not really great with mq2 yet but I think I have exausted alll my options as this point so here I am begging for help lol. Thank you in advance and if your post fixes my problem I will be sure to give you and Thank you Click!

post your tanks ini file

[General]
KissAssistVer=8.4.2
Role=Tank
CampRadius=10
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=3
MedOn=1
MedStart=25
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
EQBCOn=1
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=0
Buffs1=NULL
Buffs2=NULL
Buffs3=NULL
Buffs4=NULL
Buffs5=NULL
Buffs6=NULL
Buffs7=NULL
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=20
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=!front
AutoFireOn=0
[AE]
AEOn=0
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=0
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=NULL
DPS2=NULL
DPS3=NULL
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS11=NULL
DPS12=NULL
DPS13=NULL
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=0
Heals1=NULL
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
Burn7=NULL
Burn8=NULL
Burn9=NULL
Burn10=NULL
Burn11=NULL
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
PullWait=5
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92

Are you having the warrior target himself and then starting the macro kissassist, or are you targeting the monk? the tank should target themselves and start the macro, preferably with return to camp on..

Also, you should change this line:
Rich (BB code):
StickHow=!front
Tanking will likely put you in front of the mob, and telling MQ to stick to anything but front will cause some issues. Good luck!

Have tried both ways targetting self and targeting monk, also changed that line to snaproll and hes still doing the same thing and I have the return to camp off cause I have no idea how to use that feature ive tried reading up on it but no avail to a way. lol I ben at this for hours and ready to give up

Put definitely ReturnToCamp=1 that basically tells the char to return to camp once its out of combat and mostly the reason the Char doesn't care about the CampRadius.

Basically once you start Kissassist the Chars see the spot you started the macro as Camp, with Returntocamp=1 Chaseassist=0 they stay at the camp in the Radius you have set in the ini.

With Returntocamp=0 ChaseAssist=1 the chars ignore the camp and will follow whoever your MA is.

Last edited:
Return to camp is a feature that tells your toons to go back to the point at which you started KA after each fight. if return is off as battles progress they get spread out farther and farther and eventually they will be outside of eachother camp radiuses.....

Ok, I got that part figured out now I have one more question.....Anyone know if there is a command like /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Yes_Button leftmouseup to click the OK button on all the pop ups in the tutorial....Its kinda a pain in the ass with no Isbozer or Wineq to switch through 6-12 toons and click ok....lol to complete quests. I have tried every possible ./notify command I could find and nothing seems to work. I can have them all accpet quests with no issue but its that damn pop up box thats boggling my mind.

Too small. This will always cause problems.
Rich (BB code):
CampRadius=10
make it 30
Rich (BB code):
CampRadius=30

Change to 1 so tank returns to his spot instead of creeping out
Rich (BB code):
ReturnToCamp=1

I was having the same issues. I set my monk to PullerTank and then my warrior to assist the monk @ 99. That way he doesn't touch the mob until he is for sure inside the camp. But my monk is raid geared and can take a few hits.

Question - Issues with tank running to mobs I pull.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back