• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - ISBoxer Character Delay Question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,317¢
For all your ISBoxer users out there, when do you have the login delay set at? Currently I have it set to 1 second between. But I was curious if there are any drawbacks to setting this lower. Perhaps to zero? I would like to just get my characters in game faster (at the same time). But I already have some issues with EQ settings not being loaded once in a while. Don't know if that's related to this feature or not. Can someone shed some light on my question?

ISBoxer_Character_Delay.jpg

Last edited:
Doc

Mine is set the same as yours. And I for sure know that it takes longer than 1 sec to start the load of the next toon. And then you have the whole MQ loading sequence that I am sure extends the load times also. Sheesh man I just take the opportunity to go to the bathroom or get my spreadsheets setup to not watch them go through that startup routine lol. I suspect you will try to play with the settings, let us ISB people know what you find out. Maybe try the InnerSpace forums, they might help. But I have noticed a distinct lack of response there lately, over the last year. Shrug.

Vrak

Doc

Mine is set the same as yours. And I for sure know that it takes longer than 1 sec to start the load of the next toon. And then you have the whole MQ loading sequence that I am sure extends the load times also. Sheesh man I just take the opportunity to go to the bathroom or get my spreadsheets setup to not watch them go through that startup routine lol. I suspect you will try to play with the settings, let us ISB people know what you find out. Maybe try the InnerSpace forums, they might help. But I have noticed a distinct lack of response there lately, over the last year. Shrug.

Vrak
Yeah I do use the delay to do other things. But there are times when I have a group at a location where I don't know if there are wanderers there. So, it would be great to load toons close to the same time. I may just experiment and see what I come up with. I am sure I am not the only one with this want. Stand by

Doc

For sure man, I can imagine the trepidation of loading in while in an active zone hehe. It's like "come on stupid computer, hurry the f@#$ up". And of course the way Murphy's Law works, not just a mob but the worst rare mob comes along just as your first toon logs in lol. And your sitting there, pulling your hair out and screaming at your screen. Been there, done that. I learned though, that it is just too easy to port back to PoK and not have to go through all that shit.

But seriously if you find a way to shave a few seconds off loading times I would like to hear it. Good luck!

Vrak

Doc

For sure man, I can imagine the trepidation of loading in while in an active zone hehe. It's like "come on stupid computer, hurry the f@#$ up". And of course the way Murphy's Law works, not just a mob but the worst rare mob comes along just as your first toon logs in lol. And your sitting there, pulling your hair out and screaming at your screen. Been there, done that. I learned though, that it is just too easy to port back to PoK and not have to go through all that shit.

But seriously if you find a way to shave a few seconds off loading times I would like to hear it. Good luck!

Vrak
And it's always a caster that beats everyone else in. lol. Squish.....

You can get all your accounts to character select and then use key repeater and have them all enter world at the same time.
I use the key repeater right from the start.
ie wait until ALL the toons are at the Terms and Conditions - turn on the repeater.

Press Tab (so Accept)
Press Enter
Enter Password
Press Enter
Press enter for sever select
Press enter to enter world

I use the key repeater right from the start.
ie wait until ALL the toons are at the Terms and Conditions - turn on the repeater.

Press Tab (so Accept)
Press Enter
Enter Password
Press Enter
Press enter for sever select
Press enter to enter world

Yes, that's exactly how I do it too. Of course the main requirement is that each account uses the same password which is somewhat of a security risk. So I make sure to use a long complicated password for my DBG accounts and change it frequently.

Wow you guys do it the hard way. ISB and Innerspace have a really nice auto login feature. You setup profiles for each toon including server, password and such and right click on your IS icon in your taskbar and it has each group labeled, pick a group and it does the rest. I got sick of typing in 6 passwords a long time ago. It is one of the features of ISB that I use the most beside setting up my monitors to display all 6 toons at the same time.

Anyways to each their own I guess. That is the really cool thing about all this? There is a ton of ways to utilize this software, and I really like reading how everyone uses it differently. Some I have adopted and some I have discarded after trying them. Shrug, whatever works for you, right?

Vrak

I'm with Vrak here. Setup ISB to log in the toons in whatever groups you want. Make sure they are also setup in RG and ISB does it all for you with one click on the group.

Super cool link here for ISB - ISBoxer Setup

Setup toon info in RG like below

1689706674179.png

1689706696608.png

And grab a snack while it loads for you =)

Ditto, I do the same. If I am concerned that I might log into a dangerous area, I use a special group that just has a tank, healer, and cc on it so that they get in game faster than waiting for the whole crew to log in. Once those are in and have secured the camp, I fire off the normal login group and grab my snacks while they all load in.

Question - ISBoxer Character Delay Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back