• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Isboxer beeping endlessly (1 Viewer)

RedCents
210¢
Using IsBoxer and MQ and it is set up correctly to autoload characters when I start the group in IsBoxer/Innerspace. However, it starts beeping (like the Windows error beep) over and over again and won't stop. Characters load up, macros work, but endless beeping. In addition to distracting, the beeping is causing lag and other problems. Anyone seen this before?

MQ works fine outside of IsBoxer.

I've had that happen to me and I don't use Isboxer at all. Trying to think of what caused it and the fix but my memory is failing me at the moment. Looking... but I bet folks figure it out before my noodle uncooks itself.

Good question - the folks over at the ISB discord said it is likely to be something in my input devices. The only thing I've got a little out of the ordinary is a conference microphone/speaker. I sent over the file though, will see what they find. The beeping sounds like a windows error beep and definitely coming out of the main speakers though.

@BackFromBeyond thx for returning to tell us what fixed it for you .. jic i ever use isb again ..

I stopped using isb due to the error i was getting when switching windows alt-tabbing etc.. would crash my EQ windows randomly sometimes just 1 sometimes all of them .. figured i would just try MQ by itself to see and have not had the issue sense .. tried to load up isb again the other day and didnt even load any accounts in yet thru isb (i had 4 up and running already with MQ) and first thing it does is crash one of my EQ windows again .. so wont be using it ..

@BackFromBeyond thx for returning to tell us what fixed it for you .. jic i ever use isb again ..

I stopped using isb due to the error i was getting when switching windows alt-tabbing etc.. would crash my EQ windows randomly sometimes just 1 sometimes all of them .. figured i would just try MQ by itself to see and have not had the issue sense .. tried to load up isb again the other day and didnt even load any accounts in yet thru isb (i had 4 up and running already with MQ) and first thing it does is crash one of my EQ windows again .. so wont be using it ..
I fixed the crashing when alt-tabbing by reverting to the 7111 build. More recently I installed the development build and that also doesn't crash when alt-tabbing.

I fixed the crashing when alt-tabbing by reverting to the 7111 build. More recently I installed the development build and that also doesn't crash when alt-tabbing.
good to know , however my sub has ended on isb iirc and i dont feel like spending another 15 to find out that it may or may not fix my issue .. maybe if i sent them a message in discord they may give me a 7day trial again to see but thats alot of work .. :P and frankly im not really missing it that much . so will see .. but thx for the info ..

at least with MQ its free and lvl 2 access isnt hard to get .. also I can pay for MQ (if need be via krono gotten in-game) .. where as isb req R/L cash

Problem - Isboxer beeping endlessly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back