• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is there a tracking macro built into Vanilla? (1 Viewer)

Zypporah

RedCents
80¢
Obviously I don't want EQ to ban me for having something that I shouldn't, but I'm really wondering if there is a way for me to track a mob in a zone (on a class that doesn't have track ability). Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Obviously I don't want EQ to ban me for having something that I shouldn't, but I'm really wondering if there is a way for me to track a mob in a zone (on a class that doesn't have track ability). Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
mq2maps is a plugin you can see spawns on your map

mq2spawnmaster is a plugin you can get notifications of spawns poping/depopping (and there are Lua scripts and other similar things that function in similar ways)

myseq is an external program that you can see spawns on a map

there are a bunch of ways to do it

all of them are "something you shouldn't" however

Im pretty sure typing /tar goblin will target the nearest.. it its named it'll lock on it.
especially considering the worry of doing things you shouldn't, I would avoid trying to target something you can't normally target (use your best judgment).

this is why you want to do things like /nav spawn name instead of /target name and then /nav target

targeting stuff you shouldn't be able to is "a dead giveaway" > Dead giveaway song <

mq2maps is a plugin you can see spawns on your map

mq2spawnmaster is a plugin you can get notifications of spawns poping/depopping (and there are Lua scripts and other similar things that function in similar ways)

myseq is an external program that you can see spawns on a map

there are a bunch of ways to do it

all of them are "something you shouldn't" however

That's what I kinda figured :-( Guess I'll have to run my druid out just to track and then log it out. What a pain though. I do understand the logic however. Not every class is supposed to be able to do everything 🤪

That's what I kinda figured :-( Guess I'll have to run my druid out just to track and then log it out. What a pain though. I do understand the logic however. Not every class is supposed to be able to do everything 🤪
what is it you're trying to do?

your in-game behavior is more likely to "give red flags" than any external thing.

if a mob spawns and you INSTA b-line over to it, definitely a red flag. but you can definitely use things like maps and myseq without being "obvious"

usage of mq or myseq is very much a "be cool" situation. often times there is a less obvious way of doing something, so let us know what you're trying to do and we'll see if we can help come up with a solution for you, and then you can decide if the risk is worth it

I dont think you read Sic's comment all the way through, MQ2map will show you all the mobs in the zone on the map.

Question - Is there a tracking macro built into Vanilla?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back