• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - Is there a tracking macro built into Vanilla? (1 Viewer)

Zypporah

RedCents
80¢
Obviously I don't want EQ to ban me for having something that I shouldn't, but I'm really wondering if there is a way for me to track a mob in a zone (on a class that doesn't have track ability). Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Obviously I don't want EQ to ban me for having something that I shouldn't, but I'm really wondering if there is a way for me to track a mob in a zone (on a class that doesn't have track ability). Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
mq2maps is a plugin you can see spawns on your map

mq2spawnmaster is a plugin you can get notifications of spawns poping/depopping (and there are Lua scripts and other similar things that function in similar ways)

myseq is an external program that you can see spawns on a map

there are a bunch of ways to do it

all of them are "something you shouldn't" however

Im pretty sure typing /tar goblin will target the nearest.. it its named it'll lock on it.
especially considering the worry of doing things you shouldn't, I would avoid trying to target something you can't normally target (use your best judgment).

this is why you want to do things like /nav spawn name instead of /target name and then /nav target

targeting stuff you shouldn't be able to is "a dead giveaway" > Dead giveaway song <

mq2maps is a plugin you can see spawns on your map

mq2spawnmaster is a plugin you can get notifications of spawns poping/depopping (and there are Lua scripts and other similar things that function in similar ways)

myseq is an external program that you can see spawns on a map

there are a bunch of ways to do it

all of them are "something you shouldn't" however

That's what I kinda figured :-( Guess I'll have to run my druid out just to track and then log it out. What a pain though. I do understand the logic however. Not every class is supposed to be able to do everything 🤪

That's what I kinda figured :-( Guess I'll have to run my druid out just to track and then log it out. What a pain though. I do understand the logic however. Not every class is supposed to be able to do everything 🤪
what is it you're trying to do?

your in-game behavior is more likely to "give red flags" than any external thing.

if a mob spawns and you INSTA b-line over to it, definitely a red flag. but you can definitely use things like maps and myseq without being "obvious"

usage of mq or myseq is very much a "be cool" situation. often times there is a less obvious way of doing something, so let us know what you're trying to do and we'll see if we can help come up with a solution for you, and then you can decide if the risk is worth it

I dont think you read Sic's comment all the way through, MQ2map will show you all the mobs in the zone on the map.

Question - Is there a tracking macro built into Vanilla?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back