• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - is there a fix out for guild hall crash on loging in to GH or zone to GH yet? (1 Viewer)

when i camp in the GGH , when i log back in i pop in the GGH then instantly zone into the guild housing zone. i assumed this was an EQ problem not MQ

Which combination do you have?
Do you use Innerspace in conjunction with MQ2?
Do you use Vanilla Redguides, additional plugins from others?
Do you use pure MQ2 like provided by Macroquest2.com?

I assume now that the interference from MQ2 with Innerspace on other OS than Win10 makes problems somehow.
I always get crashes, first one on the first toon login in. All meanwhile when logout.

GH is another problem. That persists through all systems and OS.

There are several posts on the EQ forums about characters getting booted to Guild Neighborhood when logging into GH. Seems to be rather random. Several of mine do it, others not. Devs are aware, but have not yet posted any updates on it.

For some reason when entering guild hall it doesn't show that your in that guild right away which is why its sending you to the guild neighborhood. Our fix for this was to allow anyone in the guild hall even if they arnt in the guild

Tested the issue with MMOBUGS-Version and with Red Guides Vanilla-Version (while loading 13 accounts on one system via Innerspace):

- got kicked from Palatial Guild Hall into Sunrise Hills with both versions
- new for Red Guides: my non-Gold-Accounts now got kicked too (which was not the case with MMOBugs-Version)
- without MQ2 (Red Guides, MMOBugs) - got kicked too, Gold, Silver, Free accounts

So the Guild Hall Bug is either a problem with Innerspace or Everquest. I doubt that Innerspace is the reason but getting up 13 accounts without a window switcher is a no-go.

Which is strange:
Kick to Sunrise opens mostly the "familiar keyring". This does not happen without MQ2.

Last edited:
It sounds like the guild files are corrupted again. (server side)

Last time this happened, folks needed to be booted from the guild roster, then re-added.

Removing yourself wont work, someone with authority in the guild needs to remove you from the guild roster.

Honestly I am sick and tired of DGBs QOS They regularly bork their system. I did what Dborgar recommended. Since then I had no single kick from Guild Hall. Disappearing items could be the same problem. All visitors are now recruits and can enter the guild hall. One less rank but who cares. Now all alts can use easily everything necessary, one issue less. This year DGB borked so much. And to remove all members from the guild is a task which is too much hazzle for such a bug only to wait that it happens again. and again The same goes for items in guild hall. I don't waste time anymore "playing" real restate owner. Waste of time. Better to do it in real life...

Many thanks to Dborgar for the workaround.

this talked about it.

tl;dr options for you: change permissions so everyone can enter guild hall and/or remove everyone from the guild and add them again.

i have no idea if these will work. it seems like the second (not the first, so odd) time i zone into the standard guild hall, that instance crashes and then everything is fine until i reboot, so i'm familiar with your pain.

Try deleting your zone files, You will find them in your main everquest folder:

guildhall.zon
guildhall3.zon
guildhallLrg.zon
guildhallsml.zon

you'll need to full exit the game on all clients.

then start your launchpad, and do a complete file scan to download them again.

well not quite a fix but i found a work around ...

if anyones interest i got fed up and spent a day trying to isolate what plugin was fucking this shit up....

im not 100% sure i did what was said in deleting the zone files in eq for all the guild hall files in addition i also deleted my nav files the config and dll only and reloaded those .. you dont have to delete the meshes.

i downloaded a fresh install of mq2 in a new folder then dragged all my custom char files to the new install where i already fixed the zone files and boom no more crashing on guild hall zoning.

Question - is there a fix out for guild hall crash on loging in to GH or zone to GH yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back