• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is there a check to see if I am, in general, in the middle of casting a spell? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
83¢
In my head I would have assumed it was ${Me.Casting} but that simply returns the name of a spell currently being cast.

Is there any syntax for running a check to see if I am just simply casting a spell? Any spell? With a return or true or false?

Last edited:
${Me.Casting} for true false (in this case anything that is something is true) or ${Me.Casting.ID} for int
Well that actually didn't do what I am trying to do.

I'm working on the part where, once they're done casting, i want to send them to a :Sit portion of the macro. Essentially I just want this part to loop around itself if I am casting, and if I am NOT casting, then to /sit.

Here's my complicated snippet (im not a programmer)

:Sit
/if (${Me.Casting}==TRUE) {
/goto :Sit
} else /if (${Me.Sitting}==FALSE) {
/sit
}
/return

This is producing a failed /if condition. "Failed to parse /if condition '(Talisman of the Ry'Gorr==TRUE)', non-numeric encountered"

Have also tried it with simply /if (${Me.Casting})

Here's my complicated snippet (im not a programmer)

:Sit
/if (${Me.Casting}==TRUE) {
/goto :Sit
} else /if (${Me.Sitting}==FALSE) {
/sit
}
/return

Hello Foromoro

Sorry to tell you this, but, you are now! :hfive:

In it's simplest form, programming is taking a concept and writing the series of instructions for the computer to do deliver that concept.

There is a girl I listened to recently, talking about guitar playing.
She said, "call yourself a guitarist as soon as you start learning. It may sound like a small thing, but it's not a level based title. I know a lot of people that play the guitar beautifully but are scared of calling themselves a guitarist. You don't have to complete, 10-thousand hours to from a person who plays guitar to guitarist. It has a psychological impact, it's always easy to down play your skill set.".

I believe that is sound and can substitute the wording around guitar and guitarist, with programming and programmer. It will apply to many many things in life.

There is another line that also comes to mind. "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".

You are playing around with "If, Then, Else" conditions - a valuable piece of programming logic.

Keep going, keep it up, you are programming, you are evolving as a programmer.

Regards and Best Wishes.

Question - Is there a check to see if I am, in general, in the middle of casting a spell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back