• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is the end nigh? (1 Viewer)

It's always serious to the people who believe the sky is falling. The difference between your perspective and mine here is that you believe something just changed.

rugrats-chuckie-finster-were-doomed-shirt.jpg

It's always serious to the people who believe the sky is falling. The difference between your perspective and mine here is that you believe something just changed.
I'd argue the people on Bertox believe that something has changed. I guess we'll see in the end. Dev's never reply to MQ threads, this is different. The threat has always been there, but if they are now publicly saying, we don't care about these people and are not going to turn a blind eye, while you might not think it's something serious, someone else may not want to gamble with their accounts now that the elephant has been addressed by a Dev.

There have been suspension waves every year, usually twice per year corresponding with the TLPs and expansions. While I could agree that frequency may have been increased, it would be very naive to believe that the recent ones were the ONLY MQ2 related ones. Though, that IC wasn't hiding you from DPG for a lot of that certainly made it easier on them recently.

The response argument is the same one that was made when people were saying that DPG supports MQ on Rizlona -- "DPG responded, it's okay!" Which was also never the case. MQ is against the terms of service, you were always gambling your account.

If DB were smart they'd integrate a lot of functionality to enhance gameplay and remove the stigma. Money talks. Bullshit walks.
lol...it'd be Redbox/CWTN/Sic/Knightly/Dannuic owning DBG then...oh wait isn't that close to reality? lol...

From my perspective I've spent more on CWTN and Redguides in the past year than i did on DBG subs (none) ... :rock::worship::words::woop:

No if DPG was smart they would simply make a server and say "mq2 is ok here, don't warp, fartaunt or afk", but they don't. They prefer to wage psychological warfare on their customer base.

From my perspective I've spent more on CWTN and Redguides in the past year than i did on DBG subs (none) ..
This is actually unhealthy since this kind of behavior just creates a drain on their systems with no real benefit to them. Buy something from DPG, even if it's just cosmetic items from the cash shop. After all, we don't exist without DPG being profitable, so we want them to be profitable.

As for the "Smart" comments -- I have a lot of respect for DPG's developers, I don't think many of them aren't smart. I just think that they have better things to do, and things that they enjoy more -- until it becomes a problem, and then they have to shift focus to combat the problem. Don't be the problem.

This is actually unhealthy since this kind of behavior just creates a drain on their systems with no real benefit to them. Buy something from DPG, even if it's just cosmetic items from the cash shop. After all, we don't exist without DPG being profitable, so we want them to be profitable.

As for the "Smart" comments -- I have a lot of respect for DPG's developers, I don't think many of them aren't smart. I just think that they have better things to do, and things that they enjoy more -- until it becomes a problem, and then they have to shift focus to combat the problem. Don't be the problem.
Hey now! I bought expansions in December...does that count? :dance:

lol...it'd be Redbox/CWTN/Sic/Knightly/Dannuic owning DBG then...oh wait isn't that close to reality? lol...

From my perspective I've spent more on CWTN and Redguides in the past year than i did on DBG subs (none) ... :rock::worship::words::woop:
I'm a unicorn lol. I pay for my sub here instead of redcents, I pay for my subs in game with my CC instead of krono. I like to support things that I enjoy. :)

If you read between the lines from this support message https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...n-a-True-Box-Progression-server-in-EverQuest- From March of this year...

The phrase "No Automated/Unintended Game-play", which I take to mean no scripting or afk, is only applied to the TLP servers - other servers just have the "Unattended Gameplay", which would lead you to think that automation was okay. I'm not sure I would bet the farm on that, but maybe a reason to not think the sky is falling quite yet. It is odd that being on a virtual machine, even on a Live server is reason for suspension - I never knew that.

I think a group of smart people can come to a collective dumb decision.

What I always consider is a city that has a skateboarding problem at City Hall. They have two real options. Option 1 - you punish everyone who skateboards at City Hall without recourse. Sometimes you let them go 2-3 days at a time and then you come for them, but you always come and waste your limited time and resources. Option 2 - you set up a skate park so that people who are skateboarding that are for the most part not doing anything to affect anyone other than themselves get to do what they like. If you go the option 2 route it's much more palatable when you really crack down on the people who choose to still skate at City Hall. It also frees you up to do the better things you have to do.

Without clear context....I'm going to assume this is for autobotters that will run crews nonstop in popular zones? Or about warping around on TLP or doing dumb shit?

But when people draw too much attention that they have to dedicate resources to solving the problem then there will be fallout (additional bans / expanded scope). I just hope I never get caught up in it for my casual and slacker gameplay where I'm half way paying attention in the forgotten zones of days past.

If you read between the lines from this support message https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...n-a-True-Box-Progression-server-in-EverQuest- From March of this year...

The phrase "No Automated/Unintended Game-play", which I take to mean no scripting or afk, is only applied to the TLP servers - other servers just have the "Unattended Gameplay", which would lead you to think that automation was okay. I'm not sure I would bet the farm on that, but maybe a reason to not think the sky is falling quite yet. It is odd that being on a virtual machine, even on a Live server is reason for suspension - I never knew that.
This is incorrect interpretation. Illustrating: If you are headed to a community pool and at the entrance, on the gate, they have a sign that says "No running or diving" and then when you get to the kiddie pool, they have another sign that says "Absolutely no running or diving or we will evict your whole family" -- they don't mean "running and diving is okay in the concrete area between the gate and the big pool or in the big pool, just not the kiddie pool."

If you want to know the rules, the terms of service are here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service . When you log into Rizlona or Aradune, you are agreeing to an ADDITIONAL set of terms that says that they will suspend every related account you have. Whether they enforce these fairly, or evenly, or at all is at the sole discretion of the one enforcing them, but it doesn't change what the rules are or whether something is "okay."

This is incorrect interpretation. Illustrating: If you are headed to a community pool and at the entrance, on the gate, they have a sign that says "No running or diving" and then when you get to the kiddie pool, they have another sign that says "Absolutely no running or diving or we will evict your whole family" -- they don't mean "running and diving is okay in the concrete area between the gate and the big pool or in the big pool, just not the kiddie pool."

If you want to know the rules, the terms of service are here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service . When you log into Rizlona or Aradune, you are agreeing to an ADDITIONAL set of terms that says that they will suspend every related account you have. Whether they enforce these fairly, or evenly, or at all is at the sole discretion of the one enforcing them, but it doesn't change what the rules are or whether something is "okay."

I feel like your analogy is off base here Knightly.

TLP says "No Automated/Unattended Game-play". All Others says "No Unattended Game-play". For your analogy to be correct, I think it goes more like Kiddie Pool says, "No running or diving", Main Pool says, "No Running". I'm not sure where the sidewalk comes in ...

I feel like your analogy is off base here Knightly.

TLP says "No Automated/Unintended Game-play". All Others says "No Unintended Game-play". For your analogy to be correct, I think it goes more like Kiddie Pool says, "No running or diving", Main Pool says, "No Running". I'm not sure where the sidewalk comes in ...
This is why I prefer the beach...just saying :dance:

The terms of service you linked does not have the words "Unattended" or "Automation" - it does however say this

7.1. While playing, streaming, or otherwise using the Daybreak Games, you agree not to:

• Violate the game-specific rules of conduct posted in the Daybreak Knowledge Base and/or on the game forums.

The link I listed with specific rules about Unattended and Automation are from the Knowledge Base, and it's more specific about "rules" so to speak - even about virtual machines on Live servers - which I think is really interesting and probably something as a community we should report when it comes to suspensions.

All Others says "No Unattended Game-play".
Show me this in something binding. The terms of service that I linked you to are binding, the additional terms of service that you agree to when logging into Rizlona and Aradune are binding. Anything else is just information.

Adding things doesn't invalidate the previous things. Terms, Knowledgebase, etc, are cumulative. That they didn't specifically say "And also don't do this other thing" when they've already pointed it out in the Terms of Service (section 10) doesn't change it because they left it out in a reference. It is already incorporated.

edit: My point is, regardless of any additional terms you agree to, you are not exempt from previous terms unless specifically exempted which has not happened. So interpreting "this must be okay for Firiona Vie since they are more specific about Rizlona and include additional consequences" is the wrong interpretation -- it doesn't mean you're exempt from the Terms of Service.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where this anger is coming from ... Terms of service says you agree not to break any rules that Daybreak puts in the forums or on the KB - so what I linked is binding as well. But I'm not sure why this is so heated to be honest. I'm not disagreeing about section 10 i.e. "cheating" - but I do find it interesting they would go out of their way to say "No Automation" for some servers and leave that out for others. Am I reading too much into what could be a mistake on their part? Well then just say that?

It’s not anger at all. I’m just pointing out that interpreting the absence of an already specified rule as endorsement is incorrect.

You disagreed with the analogy and presented an argument that amounts to “how fast you are running matters for this interpretation” and my point was just that it’s moot as it applies to MQ.

But no anger at all. Absolute disagreement in the inference “which would lead you to think that automation was okay” but none of that is anger.

They are actively ban/suspend people on TLP. That’s the reason why they have a more strict definition. I really doubt they’ll allow for modification of client/server relationship officially.

bottom line is they keep it vague for problem people this way they have several ways to ban offenders of the system , if you aren't a cs nightmare you will most likely never be bothered but cost them money and they coming at you

they already know who all is using if they wanted to i bet in 30 minutes they could make a script to kill all mq users accounts, just don't do stupid shit and you wont win stupid prizes.

bottom line is they keep it vague for problem people this way they have several ways to ban offenders of the system , if you aren't a cs nightmare you will most likely never be bothered but cost them money and they coming at you

You don’t have to disturb others. I used to think the same. You don’t. In a just world you would.

Question - Is the end nigh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back