• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is Everquest still a thing? I thought they banned MQ2 for the most part? (1 Viewer)

OUTBOUND

RedCents
30¢
Thinking about coming back because I am retired and very bored lol. The guild I was in on FV wasn't very big, but the leader was big into botting wondering if they still allow it?

Yup, eq is going strong.

mq/mq2 is still not allowed. It has never, and will likely never, be in terms of service as "allowed 3rd party software".

Yup, eq is going strong.

mq/mq2 is still not allowed. It has never, and will likely never, be in terms of service as "allowed 3rd party software".

I would not say ''strong'' more like, one player is often 10 toons :rolleyes:

And people are switching between the servers as often I die in the game..

I mean they still manage to crank out an expansion every year. They launch new servers to accommodate the users who enjoy a TLP experience, including one that wasn't truebox (Rizlona). TLP's are typically truebox, which doesn't allow you to have more than one toon per computer which kinda blows the concept of one player being 10 people in regards to those extremely popular servers.

I too would argue that EQ is still going strong based on the above information. If I recall correctly they double/tripled the number of devs on their staff within the last year or so give/take.

Last I read EQ had 66k active paid accounts.
My server has 300+ in gen chat all day and night.
Every one boxes. I don't know anyone with just one account that they play.

Is the game still fun? Yes. Extremely.

Well here is my theory on botting

Yes it is allowed as long as you are NOT afk at the keyboard. Reason I say this is because Red guides does not work on "True Box servers"

So if Daybreak really wanted to eliminate Botting , they could do it easily not allowing any other program to work with Everquest.

In short - have fun botting , but don't abuse it !

Well here is my theory on botting

Yes it is allowed as long as you are NOT afk at the keyboard. Reason I say this is because Red guides does not work on "True Box servers"

So if Daybreak really wanted to eliminate Botting , they could do it easily not allowing any other program to work with Everquest.

In short - have fun botting , but don't abuse it !

^^^

This is not true.

MQ/MQ2 isn't allowed. DPG tolerates minimal MQ/MQ2 use until such time that they decide not to, and they don't ever have to give us forewarning or tell us specifically what pushed us from "okie dokie no problem" to "banhammer, get fucked."

With that said, if you're careful and courteous, you should be fine. I haven't been hit in any of the suspensions that others have experienced in the last two-ish years. YMMV.

Speeding isn't allowed either but it doesn't stop me from doing it on the way to work. Just don't stand out in any meaningful way. Having 6 identical looking toons camped in the same spot all of the time is one way to stand out.

DBG's tolerance of MQ2 is a wise business decision. If/when they decide they're going to really crack down on it I will go from paying for multiple accounts to paying for exactly one. If that.
And I suspect this is a prevailing sentiment. The fully organic process of getting to the content worth playing is a giant redundant timesink that demands your full attention for hours and days on end.
On top of that, I don't remember what it's even like to "LFG", and I bet it probably sucks.

It is often pointed out that game population is based on one person who boxes many accounts. So if you have 10 people and they are boxing 5 accounts each then it is really not 50 accounts but just 10.

Then it is also pointed out that yearly expansions are still being produced.

If you combine those two thoughts it could lead to thinking that one person pays enough on their accounts to help support the game just as much as say 5 players playing one character used to years ago.

So I don't think they will ever totally eliminate boxing "tools", but just keep doing a sweep now and then with some suspensions to make it look good.

My question is this:

If Daybreak was really against botting and third party programs. They could easily make it so that Red Guides , IS BOXER, or any other program will work while playing EQ.

So why haven't they ? Unless they know and accept it

My question is this:

If Daybreak was really against botting and third party programs. They could easily make it so that Red Guides , IS BOXER, or any other program will work while playing EQ.

So why haven't they ? Unless they know and accept it
nothing matters other than what they put in writing. in writing it is not allowed. so it doesn't matter if there is application of those rules or not. they can and will swing that hammer and cite their written rules as reason

They could easily make it so that Red Guides , IS BOXER, or any other program will <not> work while playing EQ.

I believe you meant "not" there, so I edited it in. And the answer for this is that it's more difficult than just flipping a switch and saying "this doesn't work." In fact, they did that for years and there was a cat and mouse game that occurred because of it. Even this year, people were suspended solely for using MQ2 and no other reason (cheating). So I wouldn't take that as acceptance at all.

Last edited:
Ok , thank you for the correction. I meant to add "Not"

But I have spoken to several people who also use Red Guides. GM or Gamemaster or whatever you want to call them , have approached players and watched what they were using. The GM tries to communicate with you and if you respond he leaves you alone and lets you continue.

NOW

There has been some instances from what I have been told, If you do NOT respond . Its very bad and leads most likely to a 7 day suspension (first offence)

This is coming from several sources and fellow Red Guides users .

That why I have been saying its being more and more accepted using third party programs , AS long as you not AFK or doing some massive exploitation or cheat

I understand that, but there are people here who have been suspended without ever missing an afk check. I know some people quit over it because they were so upset, so I believe it’s in everyone’s best interest to know what you are in for. There is risk, even if you do everything “right.”

I do agree that there is less risk when you are a good game citizen though.

Question - Is Everquest still a thing? I thought they banned MQ2 for the most part?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back