• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Intro / few Questions (1 Viewer)

motik

RedCents
162¢
heya!
New here and loving the work you have all done to improve the boxing experience.
Quick intro-
I have boxed before on emulators (36 box) and am comfortable with most of those aspects. VV makes things so much easier than manually building everything, truly amazing.
I have two ancient silver accounts one with a 105 (cotf?) raid geared SK the other silver has an 80 bard but, nothing special that can't be replaced. Also, have a bunch of random heroic toons on different accounts from when they were free a few years back.
I might gold the SK again to max AA but, i don't want to get locked into paying for gold prestige gear every month.

Questions -
1. In your experience do people still sell / trade krono on the old servers?
2. Do rank2 or 3 spells still work if an account drops back to silver?
3. What does f2p dps ranking look like? I see the power of sk/shm/brd/zerkx3 but, without prestige gear i'm thinking sk/shm/enc/wiz/magx2 might be better.
3.1 Which character will benefit most on the second silver account?
4. How far can i reasonably get six boxing f2p with 60+ hours a week. Is that krono farming territory or am i way off?
5. What does the end game group farm loop look like? last i played it was just repeatedly farming heroic missions (HA?).
5.1 How would you rank utility priority in the late game farm? EX: Ports are cool, but is Selo/SoW obviously more efficient for farming? EX2: do end game missions have some random mechanic that makes necro or some class mandatory?

6. Are there any data entry or menial tasks i can do to help contribute to the community?

sorry if this is in the wrong section. i'm not great at playing forums.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Welcome to the forum. Will respond to a few things that I may. Krono is traded everywhere, this the gold of the game, gets you plat, gear, monthly sub. All rank spells work that you have scribed, however you have to have a gold account to scribe them. As far as the toons, you obviously are going to need gold to wear prestige armor therefore giving you the best stats, more hp, dps, and so on. From experience the best way to advance in the game is farming and selling in the bazaar. Unless you want to sit a toon in the bazaaar and try to sell all day, you will need a gold toon to put a trader up. I farm and sell in the bazaar making enough plat to buy krono for 3 traders and full group with a few to spare. The best way to be able to play gold but not put any cash out of pocket.

2. Do rank2 or 3 spells still work if an account drops back to silver?

While you do have to have the Gold account to scribe the Rank II spells if you revert to Silver or F2P there is a Rank II add on for Silver and F2P accounts in the marketplace that will allow them to continue to cast Rank II. Some have reported that they still can cast RK II after going back to non paying but it could be they just see the cast for the RK II they used to have when paid but when it lands its only base spell.

3. What does f2p dps ranking look like?
F2P and Silver lack big time if your a raider. If your just a player for your own fun both of these can fulfill DPS needs. There is top armor and weapons in the game now that is NOT prestige. Conflagrant (4-5k hp with other goodies) and Snowbound (6K hp) just to name two.

4. How far can i reasonably get six boxing f2p with 60+ hours a week. Is that krono farming territory or am i way off?
I farm for Kono solo - how fast depends on where your doing it.

Hope this helps and WB!

Welcome back, and to answer your questions the best i can.
1)Krono's are still the major currency accross all servers
2)if you purchase on a gold, when you drop to silver/ftp they SHOW as still RK2 or 3, but only cast the base spell
3)as for FTP/silver dps you would actually have a better dps with melee than casters. Casters are MAJORLY gear dependant where as there are decent non prestige for the melees. You will want to krono them at some point to AA them up. just remember when you do to check the box on aa to auto grant BEFORE you spend any. They will auto grant aa up to 105(or aleast alot of them)
4)healers/melee dps are all good on silver, my cleric is silver. Better ofcourse on gold but do decent on silver.
5)max level farm is farming for Chase loot, mass kill as much as you can as fast as you can to increase your chance
5a) bards are great for melee group/chanters for caster groups. Selo is super for farming/getting places. Ports are usefull. No no mechanic to make a class other than tank necessary
6)sry no clue on this point.

Question - Intro / few Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back