• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Interview with EQ devs about Laurion's Song expansion (1 Viewer)

RedCents
712¢

Among other things, they talk about personas.

Q: One of the new features with the expansion is the Alternate Persona system. Could you talk about what your motivation was for adding it, and how it’ll affect gameplay for players?

Chan:
We're always looking for new ways for people to experience the game – not completely new ways – but asking, “How can we change up that experience a little bit and get more mileage out of the vastness of the game that it is?” Because certainly, we ship new expansions, but we don't want people to just be in the new expansions, we want people to actually get to experience the content that we've been developing and releasing for the past almost 25 years now.

I know a lot of times, people only focus on new things and then pretend everything beforehand doesn't exist. We can't do that. A lot of these places have such an impact on the story in the world that we do want people to go back and to re-experience some of these things, because people talk all the time about what it was, but until you experience it, it's like, “Oh, now I get the impact of what happened here.”

Additionally, we know that some of the community really love to build alts, You look at your account and it's like, “I need more character slots because I don't have enough alts.” We want to support you, but how can we do that without just opening up more character slots? This is one way to do that while also allowing for people who are on the fence about whether they really want to start an alt or not. This is a way to ease them in. This experience will allow you to keep all your gear that you have and your bags and your money and all that stuff, and be able to reuse it on another similar archetype class.

Because a lot of the archetype gear works on all classes in that archetype, right? So if you're going out and you're playing a Magician, there's going to be a lot of parts in the world where your gear will be the same as a wizard. They share a lot of the same gear archetypes. So it’s a way to help people who are like “Do I really want us to start a new character?” or “I really like all my gear and I don't want to have to reacquire all my gear, but I really want to experience it as another class and see how that plays.” So it's definitely a way to ease people in and it's also another way for people that are all about alts to be able to get a character of all classes.

Someone shoulda asker her…if accts are free to make why would you make people choose between their main and an alt on the same acct…why not just give them some heroic tokens to experience a new class next to their main character?
Britney Spears Money GIF

News - Interview with EQ devs about Laurion's Song expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back