• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Initiation to the Guild - Kind of like a Fraternity (1 Viewer)

chandizzle

RedCents
It all started when a few of my friends came up with a brilliant idea- in this case unfortunately because I had just begun playing wow. they told me of the "epicz from VC" that only dropped from a water boss that was summoned by drowning. wonderful, guys! yeah, I know, I was a noob. n00b.NOOB LAWL. noob, yeah. I still get shit for it, even more than a year after. anyway, me and a pug decided to take on van cleef. they were there for a bit of xp and maybe a blue or two. I was there for epics. brilliant. "hey guys, ill go summon the water boss" a minute later - "wtf our healers dead omg". now however, i've decided to take my unbridled rage and channel it at some other harmless newbie at my school. see, everyone is part of a big guild. this has become the initiation process. whoever starts playing wow gets tricked into doing it, they remain a noob until they trick someone else starting to play wow. hows that for a warm welcome?

Nay, ye can not be as 1337 as me cos I iz uber-bruvmandudeperson!:nay:

pffffff, I never said I was l33ter than anyone else, I just stated I was BORN l33t, which leads to: me never being a n00b :doh: :nay:

Will such a fraternity as this be forced to live in the gymnasium as American Cinema suggests?

You mean there are healers that DON"T randomly drown themselves as an attention-grabbing ploy?

It really does work best if you are the only rezzer.

A lot of groups don't understand how emotionally fragile a shadow-priestess can be when they don't let her zap stuff, and need to be reminded of the sacrifice being made on their behalf.

WHAT ABOUT MY NEEDS!!!!

pms

A lot of groups don't understand how emotionally fragile a shadow-priestess can be when they don't let her zap stuff, and need to be reminded of the sacrifice being made on their behalf.
WHAT ABOUT MY NEEDS!!!!

O so true. Many a time have I offered to shadow dps, but theres always some paladin who thinks that their class does better dmg than mine. Note that paladins are the scum of the earth and that anyone who enjoys running around with a little bubble and 40 people following it needs to seek proffessional help.

O so true. Many a time have I offered to shadow dps, but theres always some paladin who thinks that their class does better dmg than mine. Note that paladins are the scum of the earth and that anyone who enjoys running around with a little bubble and 40 people following it needs to seek proffessional help.

Wrong again, paladins are just too l33t for you, that's why you don't understand their value. :doh:
but damn, I indeed DO need professional help...

Wrong again, paladins are just too l33t for you, that's why you don't understand their value. :doh:
but damn, I indeed DO need professional help...

Paladins are not 1337. They just have decent survival skills. Note "decent." They don't have the over-all cc/survival skills that a mage does, but they will generally beat mages imo. Now Warlocks, like myself, are 1337. I have never, and will never die by the hand of a paladin alone. They are weak. They are specifically for people that take the game too seriously or personally. The 'bubble n hearth' or 'bubble n run' is proof. And there is NO WAY they can out dps a shadow priest of equal lvl n gear. But I suppose Pally luvers an go ahead and believe what they want. They will never admit to how many times they lost duels or pvp battles, but will always brag about "that one time."

Paladins are not 1337. They just have decent survival skills. Note "decent." They don't have the over-all cc/survival skills that a mage does, but they will generally beat mages imo. Now Warlocks, like myself, are 1337. I have never, and will never die by the hand of a paladin alone. They are weak. They are specifically for people that take the game too seriously or personally. The 'bubble n hearth' or 'bubble n run' is proof. And there is NO WAY they can out dps a shadow priest of equal lvl n gear. But I suppose Pally luvers an go ahead and believe what they want. They will never admit to how many times they lost duels or pvp battles, but will always brag about "that one time."

Your friend "Sarcasm" called, you obviously left him somewhere in the gutter.

IMHO, paladins suck at DPS, aren't the best tank (but can do a pretty 'ok' job at it), but most of all are perfect in staying alive while keeping others alive. Paladin healing is as good as other healers, but they can wear plate and bubble when getting aggro (while healing).

we used to break in the MC noobs by telling them if they jumped up and looked closely at the flowing magma "inverted T" thing after killing golemagg ("you gotta get close so your head actually sticks thru the wall part!") that they could see Rag.

fwoosh, fire damage death, lolz

I was randomly and tandomly (after my guy) invited into a guild on Baelgun and they made me into an officer within two seconds... so I'm thinking I should initiate THEM somehow. I haven't said anything in guildchat yet. They never said anything to me when I got invited or when I joined, so I'm seeing how long I can go on without speaking. I've been in the guild for two weeks. I'm holding out until April first. Any suggestions on my "coming out" party?

oooo Alihja... that leaves all kinds of goodies to come up with.. several questions:

Race, level? Do you like them, do you plan to stay? *gets the evil hat on*

Maybe you could invite Pensi over for a "hawt flannel lumberjack sleepover"?

OR you could borrow the FoH Invite-o-Tron 23,000,000 to help them recruit.

eh, my ideers are old and dum... hopefully you can come up with something more fun and original.

pms

oooh, you could run a slave auction -- Line up a bunch of nekkid blood elves and sell them to the highest bidder. They could roleplay r/l abducted girls who were forced to cyber nerds for virtual cash by their evil Romanian Pimps. Like Robots Helpers in WC, only with 100000x the creepy )

Initiation to the Guild - Kind of like a Fraternity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back