• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - INI Questions (1 Viewer)

morlucius

RedCents
522¢
S can someone explain to me what the difference is between a condition and a Holy.. As a coder i get condition its like a rule in order to do a certain ability.. But when it come to Holy i am just baffled

Holy's (short for holyshit) are generally used in MQ2Melee but I think EQMule's version of KA also has them, they are conditions that are checked with high priority to save you from death (e.g. to FD, or to lay on hands etc).

Conditions are simply that - conditions that are evaluated to see of something should happen. In KA etc they don't have any particular priority.

Very much the same code wise. Conditions are tied to ini entries, holy's have an "if" statement that fires if the check is True.

In General, Holy is something you wanted checked at all times, regardless of what the macro is doing. Like an instant heal in emergencies. Conditions are only checked when KA is in that cycle of the macro. A holy would see it sooner in theory, as the check is being run more often. If you run holy/downs in MQ2Melee, they are checked all the time the plugin is on, even if you have no macro running.
  • Holyshit are avail in MQ2Melee or MuleAssist.
  • Conditions are for KA11 and MuleAssist.
  • Downshits are avail in MQ2Melee (ie don't fire this during combat, wait until toon is in "downtime" out of combat then check it.)
MQ2Melee had them first. So a lot of older ini posts would have the KA ini + some code to add to your MQ2Melee ini for the holy/downs you wanted. You can run both MQ2Melee and KA, so some people prefer to have a few things on holy still though KA11 is fairly fast at checking stuff. They aren't as required as they used to be, but still a nice option if you need them. Healers and tanks can get some good usages.

eqmule added a holy cycle and ini options to MuleAssist He suggested limiting it to around 4 holy entries, as this cycle runs often and you don't want to bog down the macro with too many checks.

Not to worried about the computer load part, the machine I have is lets just say top notch lol. Should have some pictures in here on one of my posts. In a sense though even a condition is some sort of an if statement, I guess I am looking for what would be the best method to use since i have programming knowledge.. Dont get me wrong though like most of us those dam IF statements can be a pain in the butt, but 100% worth it when we get it right. The conditions, holy's, and downshits are a truly good way for us to fine tune our macros and have our grp firing the best they can

Were in a INI is about medding for stam, like for instance, does my SK does med mean both mana and stam? Was wondering how i could split those up so he only meds stam to say 50%..

Part 2
Is there a good reference or guide I could use for say InI, Conditions, Holy, and other stuff.. Guess I am asking how the code is written so I may start writing my own stuff. A lot of the Ini we can copy and paste are great I just feel like I could tweek them a bit more making my grp more effecient

I found the help text document in the macros folder.. it does not have anything on say pulling, Holy,s downs, or conditions.. would be a nice upgrade to the document if that could get added.. Like i see talk of a no pull list.. I cant seem to figure out were that files is, or is it something we create.

Start here: KissAssist Instructions and Settings FAQ

Restricting mobs to pull is in your KissAssist_info.ini in the macros folder. It's by zone name, but note that EQ changed how zone names work recently, so double check there aren't two entries for the zone you want to edit. You can add mobs to pull only, or ignore ones, or list certain mobs as Named for Burn=2 setting. Tip, make sure you don't put any spaces between the commas, it will read those as part of the name and mess up.

MedStart I think is precoded to check for endurance and/or mana depending on the class.

Conditions - Start here, this thread links to some great resources and vids. Then I'd look around other top rated ini files in the Resource section. Sic, vsab, deathlok, FV_remnant, eqmule are all good ini writers to learn some condition tricks from.

Last edited:
Also thanks, I just notice that some of the INI's i get could use some tweeking a bit cause they do stuff that isnt needed every fight. I appreciate the links it will help me a ton understanding how some of this needs to be wrote.

Question - INI Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back