• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - INI Purchase (1 Viewer)

RedCents
50¢
Looking to get potential costs for purchasing INI files for several toons. There are a lot of good free ones, but I want better. TBL Pally, Bard, Shaman... Lets talk potential prices.

@BloodyLillith asked my permission, and for the record I'm fine with people to offering / requesting paid authorship services. If this becomes common we'll add some features to support it.

That said, it might be helpful if you could specify what you're looking for exactly. Folks are happy to help.

@BloodyLillith asked my permission, and for the record I'm fine with people to offering / requesting paid authorship services. If this becomes common we'll add some features to support it.
This would be great! Especially now with all the spell name changes and aa name changes. I would gladly pay for killer ini's for Pally, Monk, Bard, Mage...pretty much all classes.

The ini library has gotten very dusty! Now with the patch all of those ini will take some looking at :)
9780062840622-1.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think this isnt to crazy of an idea, it takes tme for someone to write a personal or even a custom INI for someone. To get a few bucks out of time spent as long as we dont get crazy with prices is a great idea.

I would rather see a pool of money people can donate to help reward people who make top notch ini files for general community release instead of directly paid ini's. The INI files should be equlivalent of what a live player of that class would do fully conditioned and equivalent damage/heals. Descriptions should include a average parse.

I would rather see a pool of money people can donate to help reward people who make top notch ini files for general community release instead of directly paid ini's. The INI files should be equlivalent of what a live player of that class would do fully conditioned and equivalent damage/heals. Descriptions should include a average parse.

The december contest will feature an idea to accomplish this. The current contest also does this, though I fear it's a little too slow.

Agreed - pooling these together seem the most helpful for that. If you ran multiple classes at once I think that would have that done in a few months depending on how many classes. I would think it best to not see every plugin / macro / config file not have a charge on top of the monthly sub. I think that would be a big turn off to new comers looking at subbing RG.

Agreed - pooling these together seem the most helpful for that. If you ran multiple classes at once I think that would have that done in a few months depending on how many classes. I would think it best to not see every plugin / macro / config file not have a charge on top of the monthly sub. I think that would be a big turn off to new comers looking at subbing RG.
What? I understood the first sentence then you lost me bro. I have no problem paying for an MQ2Berzerker type plugin, or others to be honest.

The "crowd funding" into a kitty so to speak that s1968 mentioned is a good idea, anything to stimulate the stagnant library. There should be an end game players ini for each class in the library. That takes a person , probably persons, my guess one person for each class that knows that class, the classes spells, aa, cool downs, timer sharing etc to produce the optimal max lvl aa ini...again for each class.

It's not really so much that it takes a person knowledgeable in the class. It takes a person that is knowledgeable with the class and understand some of the programming logic to handle conditions, and an understanding of how the KissAssist INI works. If it were simple, then I'm sure there would be an overflow of INI's.

There are already some really good ini's already up there (except maybe Rogue and Zerker). It's just that people rarely rate them so it's hard to tell which ones work well and which ones don't. And no one rates them poorly (or rarely). It actually takes running them to see how good they are.

There only needs to be one ini per class per 5 levels, but you would still need to alter your ini for the gear you have (uncommon clickies especially).

But to be really good, they need to be tailored to your exact team makeup- check for the specific buffs/songs that you use, your clickies, your playstyle, and co-ordinate. No one will do that for you unless you want to give them your logins (in which case GLWT).

Of course, to me that's part of the fun, if someone's done all the working out for you, you might as well play ProgressQuest.

To your point. Why use KA at all if someone doing all the work for you is an issue? KA is doing all the work, all you have to do is fill in some blanks and turn it on?

The whole point is automation, ease of setup is not an overlooked desire, just accessibility has some limitations. Sure, adding clickies and such removing others clickies, checking for specific buffs etc can be a pita. You don't need logins to set something up right, you just need feedback. But as you mention, not much of that going on. So keep in mind during these contests that are going out, that it's possible that an existing INI be a winner imo. Because if properly maintained, and reactive to feedback, a person can keep up with the joneses. Sic's cleric INI is a good example of that. More precisely, I've not really access peoples toons very much during my time here. It's a rare occurrence. But we have MQ2BerZerker and MQ2Rogue now that is designed to work at any level out of the box. That's the idea behind the INI Library, is to give people something that works out of the box.

Last edited:
To you point. Why use KA at all if someone doing all the work for you is an issue? KA is doing all the work, all you have to do is fill in some blanks and turn it on?

It's doing most but all. KA with a badly configured ini isn't any good at all.

Also, my version of KA is heavily modified anyhoo based on the macro's I used to write (which were very much like IHCMerc's in that they were optimised per-class), and mostly I don't use my old ones because I'm too lazy to work out all the changes in the past 8 years that have broke them, and KA has a killer feature- it's pull routine :worship:

Couple of us frequently spend time helping people pimp out their ini to their specific needs. One of the great things with kiss is that you can easily tailor it to your specific needs. One of the challenges with having INIs for everyone, is those needs vary quite a lot person to person, group setup by group setup.

I'm always happy to help folks work on their inis, and do so several times a week - hollar at me anytime

I'm pretty excited about this up coming expansion and I intend to make "Sic" INIs for all classes for 115, unfortunately some folks don't like my inis, and would rather tell me they don't like then instead of just modifying them or not using them =p --- I have a suspicion this is why some folks don't end up uploading theirs - because it is highly tailored to their needs and don't want to hear grief. --- The reality is, just about everyone plays this game differently, which is one of the best things about this game - you can be successful even if you're not "l337 ()pt1M1Z3D".

Regardless - I get roughly more love than hate, so i intend to continue sharing into the future.

I already have my main crew the xpac, and I intend on having at least 1 additional group the xpac, and will be looking to expand with other classes that are not in my main arsenal.

Last edited:
I think @Sic made an important point... an .ini that is optimized for one scenario won't be optimized for others, and an .ini optimized for one play-style will suck in other situations.

A great example of this is a good ranger .ini. The best ranger dps in the game right now is ranged (bowing) while spamming foreseen shots, focused arrowgale, dissident, and summer's over and over and over and over while also throwing in a single dot and letting that thing run its course before reapplying (most things won't live long enough in the group game for a reapply).

That's fine and dandy, but in some close quarters you have to use melee... which is significantly weaker than bowing, but can be viable if you need to do it. Spell lineup doesn't change, but other stuff you'd do to optimize the .ini would.

I can also think of scenarios with classes like druids and shaman where their role and spell lineups would vary wildly depending on if they were main healers or not.

Just something to consider.

I agree with @Sic and @Sum1 on the fact that play style and where/what you are doing is important and can change. I spend a great deal of time looking through INI files and taking what I need for my play style (for example - my enchanter must mezz half the zone lol); however, I'm only good at the toons I really KNOW how to play. For example, I don't know nothing about no paladins! I would love to have a good INI for a support paladin, not a main tank. Now we are getting into play style again... I'm rambling lol.
So, yeah, there are a few INI file that I wouldn't mind dropping a donation for the use.

Interestingly, when you get outside of straight dps classes this becomes a different beast. Rogue and Berserker are fairly straightforward, they usually have the one role in the group.

But after that (and probably War) you start making decisions about what buffs stack with other buffs, where the trade-off is and what buffs you want to have on you based on the group you're running and the clickies you have.

As mentioned previously, tailoring an ini to a character is easy and reusable. Tailoring an ini to a group is different (it's not hard, just time consuming) but it's really not reusable unless you have the same group and playstyle. But that is one of the things that makes KISS good: it's customizable.

It's also a great reason that someone would want an ini built around their own group without having to do it themselves...and due to that customization, end up not posting it.

I wouldn't get too hung up on whether it is made public or not. If you want to fill the OP's request, fill it!

To @Knightly's point, one of the philosophies I have behind the ini section of my guide isn't so much telling people what specifically to put in their ini's but to point out those re-occuring patterns that I find useful. These patterns aren't easily captured in a library, or arguably in an out-of-the-box ini. Hopefully at least getting enough of these patterns will help folks create good ini's faster and be able to tailor them to their group. At least allow someone who pays for an ini to be able to maintain as their group grows or playstyle changes.

Many times I'd just love to see really good ini's public to mine them for design patterns I haven't seen yet.

Request - INI Purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back