• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

In need of a shaman macro (1 Viewer)

Slappx

RedCents
Okay. To start things off I just joined redguides today and have just been browsing things for about 2 hours. I downloaded MacroQuest2 as well. Its ready to go but i need someone to create a macro for me as i do not have the tools or knowledge to do it myself. Your time will be much appreciated.

I play a hydra team. My ber and my shm. I have found that the less time i spend on my ber the lower his dps becomes. I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this yet but i would like to control 2 chars with just one screen, eliminating the need to switch screens during a fight.

My idea would be to use the MQ2's ability to read main chat. Then use a system of tells and resulting actions to my shaman. You could set an entire list of things for the shaman to do if and when he reads a certain text response. For example, i send my shaman a tell saying.. "Slow its ass!". My shaman's macro then reads the main chat and picks up that information, auto-assists my char, and casts a slow. This could also be used to pick up information and relay it to my ber such as if a spell gets resisted or he fizzles. My shaman's macro would read the main chat that says "so and so resisted your spell," and my shaman would send a tell back saying "mob resisted slow". All i would have to do is send him another tell of what i want him to do. A basic layout would be good as well for creating all the hotkeys i would need to use. Something like /t shaman "assist slappx/slow" so that the macro can read a certain part of the message and i just have to insert names and words to activate what i need.

The ability to read my ber's text and target other players would be very helpful too. So this macro could be used with group play and such and i can keep full dps rolling out of my ber.

I'm not interested in making him have the ability to mem spell sets or autofollow. I would just like a bit more ease of just sitting shaman on horse and pulling mobs to him with my ber.

It's really thoroughly hard for me to explain the idea i have or how to create it, but basically it would follow spell slots and (i dont know how) aa abilities. What im looking for, more or less, is to send my shaman a tell such as /t shaman "assist slappx/cast1" and he, for instance, assists my ber and slows mob, then after using the macro to read whether spell stuck or not, /t slappx "mob resisted slow/mob is partially slowed"

his spell set for duoing with my ber is as follows.

/1 spirit of the leopard
/2 Nectar of Pain
/3 Champion
/4 Turgurs
/5 Ancient: Wislik's Mending
/6 Spiritual Serenity
/7 balance of discord
/8 Malo
/9 Ancient: Ancestral Calling

Long story short. I have no interest in changing gameplay itself, such as warping/summoning/etc, at this time. I would like to be able to run my shaman from my ber's screen. I would also like to know much needed info such as resists/mitigation/would not take hold/etc... And thirdly, i would like my shaman to relay that message to me through tell.

I haven't fully searched the sight for something that is already out and i hope i'm not stealing anyones idea. I'm very new to macroing and would like to know if this is theasible or not. I see a lot of talent on this site and was hoping someone could bestow a great gift to me. If someone should shoulder my burden and has some more questions about designing it then you can email me at [email protected] if you would like.

P.S. I hope im not offending anyone in anyway by making such a request. The website told me that people request macros all the time. Also, please include anything i might have forgotten.

Thank you for your time and i look forward to being amazed.

there are sham macros that do everything for you...

look in the guide section at the top there is a list of working .. and decent macros

on the MQ2 site there are more sham macros

use the search on both sites and type in sham ...

i think shambot is one that most use.. and advdruid or something like that is for all classes

ARMY

ps there is a question forum for this type of threads 8-)

Okay. I'm going to write this post with the idea that you are more than slightly mentally retarded, or at least have issues with reading, since you appear to have ignored the "Questions and Requests" section of the board, and headed straight for the section where people post guides.

1) You need 1 screen per account. If you pay for the subscription WinEQ, you can do picture in picture, but I don't have that, so I don't know how it works. The other thing you could do is make the windows small enough that you could run each next to each other, if you want to avoid looking away from each. If you just want to control one char from another screen, that easily done via plugins like MQ2EQBC, MQ2Slave, or MQ2Mastermind.

2) The type of macro you are talking about is already in existance. In fact, by just searching "shaman macro", the second entry gave me what you needed. Try downloading the shmbot.zip file, then reading through the thread on how to use it.

Oh, and next time, please post in the right section, kthx.

ok? A bit uneeded imo. A simple "hey there is a questions and requests forum" would have done sufficiently. Please delete this post for me.

In need of a shaman macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back