• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Resolved - ImGui Viewports not draggable to second monitor (slvd: diff window scaling) (1 Viewer)

manydills

RedCents
472¢
My understanding is that in /mqsettings, checking the "Enable Viewports" option will allow Lua windows to be dragged outside of the EQ window. I am finding that while I can drag the windows anywhere on my primary monitor (where EQ is running), when I try to drag onto my second monitor, I can drag most of the window over, but the last sliver is being prevented from moving off the first monitor.

I'm uploading a photo to try to explain what I mean. If anyone's encountered this before and knows how to fix it, I'd appreciate it!

Attachments

• PXL_20230226_054215018.jpg
    PXL_20230226_054215018.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
My understanding is that in /mqsettings, checking the "Enable Viewports" option will allow Lua windows to be dragged outside of the EQ window. I am finding that while I can drag the windows anywhere on my primary monitor (where EQ is running), when I try to drag onto my second monitor, I can drag most of the window over, but the last sliver is being prevented from moving off the first monitor.

I'm uploading a photo to try to explain what I mean. If anyone's encountered this before and knows how to fix it, I'd appreciate it!
Check multitasking > snap settings in your windows settings (windows not mq) and turn it off

1677394330109.png

Do your monitors have different scaling settings? Eq doesn’t play nice with that and as a result neither do the viewport windows
That’s gotta be it. Yes, they currently do (you can see the difference in the photo I posted). I might try to equalize them, but they’re different resolutions, willl that cause a problem?

Disappointing, but I’m glad there’s a known reason for it (and it just means it might be time for a monitor upgrade ;)

Do your monitors have different scaling settings? Eq doesn’t play nice with that and as a result neither do the viewport windows
Circling back to this - I tried changing the scaling on my monitor 2 to match what it was on monitor 1, and the windows moved freely after that, so that was definitely the problem. Thanks again.

Resolved - ImGui Viewports not draggable to second monitor (slvd: diff window scaling)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back