• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - im lost (1 Viewer)

RedCents
104¢
New to this whole EQ outsource thing. Anyone have any tips/tricks/walkthroughs on what i should/need to do? Where do i get this "RedCent" thing i keep reading about where do i download.

WTB Redguide for dummies PST lol

Thank you for reading and HOPEFULLY replying with some help for this here noob.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

and

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

Welcome to RG's! give those 2 things a look through, and maybe a bookmark on the first one!

New to this whole EQ outsource thing. Anyone have any tips/tricks/walkthroughs on what i should/need to do? Where do i get this "RedCent" thing i keep reading about where do i download.

WTB Redguide for dummies PST lol

Thank you for reading and HOPEFULLY replying with some help for this here noob.
Welcome, Veer! Check out the guide that Durango773 linked, as well as the videos Sic posted on YouTube about the basics of moving your toons.

For RedCents, when you have level 2 access, you can react to posts four times a day and give them a RedCent, which gives you one as well.

I’ve sent you a month of level 2 access, which if you’re semi-active and give RedCents means you’ll be able to sustain your level 2.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

It looks like several folks have posted the basics on how to get started, how to begin setting up your group, and the coveted
redcent.gif

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

wow videos are amazing. how do i buy level 2 with redcents? trying to find it but im dumb lol
It looks like folks have given you enough RC to get you to level 2!

Since your level 2 now, you can hand out RC like others to posts that are informative, funny etc. Others will give you RC for the posts you make. This is done by just clicking the big :rc in the bottom right of posts.

So once you earn them, then click the "red cent" in the upper right then click "shop" on the next screen and all the stuff you can buy with RC will pop up. Among them is "level 2".

Welcome and its easy! Don't be afeered Jethro!

1704218106957.gif

Hi Veer , Boy have i felt that way and still do on most occasions ,best piece of advice ill give you just stop what your doing , sit down and watch Sic's videos it sure helps a ton . Each resource has a guide/command/etc I used RGmercs to run my crew great plugin but wasn't for me .if your really into eq i would look at CWTN plugin's if you box each one has a video as well . i ended up going that route and never looked back. so when asking tips tricks etc , read the guides tell us what your working with that will allow us to help even more. and i wish i knew how to put the links in like { Psy } Above . in the time it has taken me to write this , he already covered it . Good Luck

Hi Veer , Boy have i felt that way and still do on most occasions ,best piece of advice ill give you just stop what your doing , sit down and watch Sic's videos it sure helps a ton . Each resource has a guide/command/etc I used RGmercs to run my crew great plugin but wasn't for me .if your really into eq i would look at CWTN plugin's if you box each one has a video as well . i ended up going that route and never looked back. so when asking tips tricks etc , read the guides tell us what your working with that will allow us to help even more. and i wish i knew how to put the links in like { Psy } Above . in the time it has taken me to write this , he already covered it . Good Luck
thank you for kind words 99% of the time im pretty sure i just overthink it. i didnt know there was CWTN plugins that might help me figure out how to stop the necro script i bought stop interrupting my chatting and making it where i can not manually target anything. once i target something on MA the necro just starts attacking as well..... found out BAD IDEA in some of the zones as he started attkin some quest mobs lol

thank you for kind words 99% of the time im pretty sure i just overthink it. i didnt know there was CWTN plugins that might help me figure out how to stop the necro script i bought stop interrupting my chatting and making it where i can not manually target anything. once i target something on MA the necro just starts attacking as well..... found out BAD IDEA in some of the zones as he started attkin some quest mobs lol
This might be helped by turning your assist % down to 99 or something.

Question - im lost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back