• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - I'm going to open up a time capsule tonight... (1 Viewer)

Balamor

RedCents
11¢
This afternoon my mom calls me to tell me about this great new recycling place that opened up in town that takes all UPS's, monitors, computers, VCR's, etc etc for free.
She asked me to swing by her place during lunch and pick up some stuff she has had sitting in her basement gathering dust.

As I'm loading various monitors, printers and VCR's something catches my eye.
Our old home computer... (circa 1998-2003 ish)

5l9tts.jpg

Note the awesome windows 98 OS and celeron processor stickers.
I remember this PC because it was before the advent of DVD players that came with PC's (did anyone else also have to get the 12 CD EQ2 install over the 4 DVD install?)
I didn't take a picture of the back, but a netgear ethernet card was added at some point.

I plan to boot this bad boy up when I get home and see what treasures await me in my EQ screen shot folder.
Hopefully she still runs...
I'll post up my findings later!

update: Didn't boot up, this just turned into a weekend project :p

Last edited:
That's awesome. :D

I've been meaning to buy an IDE/ATA to SATA/USB adapter for the past few years. I saved the hard drives from the last 3ish computers I've had, and want to take a trip down memory lane at some point by browsing through them. :)

Look like my pavilion that came with Windows ME...mine IS still in use....albet slow, 1 toon only, but can run EQ..yes 12CD install....

I have an old Packard Bell Pentium 1, I think it's a 100mhz that a relative bought at walmart an eon ago. I have yet to fire it up, but it should be a nice flashback time capsule. Maybe after things settle down I'll dig it out and take some pictures. lol.

Discussion - I'm going to open up a time capsule tonight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back